UCF TAILGATING-INFO

Jewbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are way overcomplicating things. There's no reason to drop off your tailgating equipment, go park, and then go get your car and pick everything up before game time. The only way you would need to do that is if you're tailgating on memory mall and you don't happen to have a gold zone D pass (which most of you don't). I have three ideas for you guys:

1) There are typically a good number of UCF fans in lots H1, H2, and H3. If you want to mix it up with UCF people, this is probably going to be your best bet. As long as you get there a few hours before kick off (as stated, all lots open at 7am) you will have no problem parking and setting up right behind your cars. You'll also easily be able to park and congregate together.

2) If you want to be secluded as USF fans and have shade, I think that lot C3 would be a really good idea for you guys. There's plenty of space, and it's far away from UCF tailgates.

3) If you want to be secluded and have wide open spaces, then B3 and B4 might be a good option. There won't be a lot of shade here, but you'll have plenty of parking spaces and you'll easily be able to group together.

H10 (Lake Claire) is a really bad idea. There's not much space there at all and it typically fills up with Greeks who are too lazy to cart their stuff to Memory Mall (not the type of folks you want your kids around). It's not hostile. I just can't see you having a good time there.

If I were you, I would probably go for option 1. You're going to have a good time, you'll be able to fool around with UCF fans, and it's quick exit off campus. If you want a spot under a tree, get there as early as possible.

Looking forward to hosting you guys. Hope you have a great time!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I have a Gold Zone D garage pass...

Neener neener.

Neener neener.

Garage D is a nice spot. I typically tailgate just outside of there on the edge of Memory Mall, and all the people around us are very nice. You shouldn't have any issues setting up shop there. If you want to park in that garage and largely stay away from the UCF student/young alumni crowd, then there's a grassy area on the opposite side of the garage where some older folks (older alumn and families of players) typically set up.

Don't fall under the delusion that you're going to get out of there quickly after the game though - not gonna happen.  ;)

• Content Count:  2,577
  • Days Won:  1

Parking in lot C1 w/ some UCF Alumni buddies. 

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Neener neener.

Garage D is a nice spot. I typically tailgate just outside of there on the edge of Memory Mall, and all the people around us are very nice. You shouldn't have any issues setting up shop there. If you want to park in that garage and largely stay away from the UCF student/young alumni crowd, then there's a grassy area on the opposite side of the garage where some older folks (older alumn and families of players) typically set up.

Don't fall under the delusion that you're going to get out of there quickly after the game though - not gonna happen.  ;)

I'm meeting someone who actually tailgates somewhere else, but it's not supposed to be a far walk from where the pass is.

I'm not worried about getting out of there.  After 75% of the UCF fanbase leaves at halftime with the score USF 41 UCF 0, there won't be much traffic to worry about.  ;-)

C1 might just be the best place on campus to enjoy tailgating with friends. It's not in the middle of all of the hullabaloo, but you're not isolated from the action either.

Get there early to get one of the tent spots underneath the trees right next to the garage.

• Content Count:  9,038

Are you gonna have the TV set up?

Also, would you happen to have room for my wife and me?  I don't want to be extra wheels, but I will be coming late and I don't want to tailgate by myself =/

• Content Count:  2,577

Are you gonna have the TV set up?

Also, would you happen to have room for my wife and me?  I don't want to be extra wheels, but I will be coming late and I don't want to tailgate by myself =/

Yeah man, we'd love you have ya.  We will be severely outnumbered there as his tailgates usually get pretty packed.  If you can park somewhere close and come over that way.  I am getting the parking pass from a buddy of mine.  He's going to bring a big screen tv and we're gonna hook that as well as our tv up to the satellite dish and generator that I'm bringing.  Have I given you my cell # yet?  If not I'll PM it to you. 

I've had your celly since the Auburn game, broham.  I'll give you a ring when I get there, which will probably be around 1700-1730.  I am going to send you a text message right now in case you don't have my number.

P.S. - one more post, and you'll be at 1000!!!!

Archived