Watching games out of state

kwikset3d

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Hey I just finished grad school and took a job out west. Being so far from Florida I was curious if anyone knows the best way to see all the games. I know roughly 6 will be on espn or espn2. Does the College Game Plan cable package include the others?

Where do you live now?

I'll be at 5 to 6 games this season, but that's about it because I'm in Seattle for at least part of the fall.

If you have verizon as an option for your cable then get it.  You'll get espn 360 which would show the espn gameplan games.  ESPN 360 (via web) is free as long as you have verizon.  I believe there is no option to purchase ESPN 360.

IMO, ESPN 360 is huge for people that live out of state.  You'll also get some USF basketball games during the season.

• Content Count:  2,726

Hey I just finished grad school and took a job out west. Being so far from Florida I was curious if anyone knows the best way to see all the games. I know roughly 6 will be on espn or espn2. Does the College Game Plan cable package include the others?

Actually, the BEST/MOST AFFORDABLE way to watch games is probably with a "Sling Box".

I've been in Japan and Traveling during the last 3 football seasons.  So I've had a little experience getting USF games in places that barely have english. 

This will only work for you if you have a friend or family member that lives in Tampa, or Florida. 

But, if you buy a Sling Box(about $120 retail i believe), then you will be able to connect that to your friends internet & cable and you will be able to Log-in to an account anywhere in the WORLD and view that persons TV Channels.  Its awesome!!!

Not only can you watch Bulls Games, but you can watch ANY TV you want!  Forever...

I recommend buying a Sling Box for $120 bucks and watching the games online.  Its a great investment for the Traveling/West Coast Bulls Fan. 

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  3,574

Actually, the BEST/MOST AFFORDABLE way to watch games is probably with a "Sling Box".

I've been in Japan and Traveling during the last 3 football seasons.  So I've had a little experience getting USF games in places that barely have english. 

This will only work for you if you have a friend or family member that lives in Tampa, or Florida. 

But, if you buy a Sling Box(about $120 retail i believe), then you will be able to connect that to your friends internet & cable and you will be able to Log-in to an account anywhere in the WORLD and view that persons TV Channels.  Its awesome!!!

Not only can you watch Bulls Games, but you can watch ANY TV you want!  Forever...

I recommend buying a Sling Box for $120 bucks and watching the games online.  Its a great investment for the Traveling/West Coast Bulls Fan. 

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

GO BULLS!!!

Awesome... I have never heard of this.  :thumbsup

• Content Count:  5,691

If you are in a major city there might be watch parties at a local bar.

• Content Count:  3,078

a job that doesn't have crazy hours would be a good start...  I think my schedule conflicts with at least 3 games so far...

other than that... living within walking distance of a buffalo wild wings is clutch, but I think I am going to have to give in and get Gameplan this year so I can DVR the games

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

Why would you leave Florida? What's wrong with you?

because alot of games are during week it isnt practical to fly back to games unless you have job where you can miss weekdays

when all games were on weekends i could fly to games from la to destintation without a problem

• Content Count:  17

XM RADIO is another option since most of the games you can't catch even through ESPN, you can at least listen to on the radio. Just an FYI.........

I will be able to watch a majority of the games thanks to the sports packages through DISH, but I know a few I will have to listen to on XM. 

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I would agree with the person suggesting finding a bar.  Being out west myself, did the gameplan purchase last year, but found myself going to the bar to watch 3 of the games (out of choice).  Being that half the games are already on ESPN/ESPN2,  you'd be paying $109 for 6 games.  Im figuring for $109, I can buy a nice lunch/dinner & beer at a sports bar and still get to watch the game (if its on gameplan, big sports bars will most likely be able to show it).  Worst comes to worst, I think gameplan can be bought on a week by week basis for $20.  If you have a week you don't won't to make it out to the bars (or find one that will show it - which is a possibility for the Tenn-Mart game), you can still buy that week and be able to catch the game (at worst paying $120 for the 6 games that arent already on ESPN). 

Any fellow bulls out here in Colorado want to set up a watchparty? 

• Content Count:  10

I am in Salt Lake City. There is currently no Alumni Association here but I sent an email to someone saying I wouldn't mind being a contact now that I live out here. I will look into SlingBox and the week by week rate for ESPN Game Plan. Thanks for the help.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I have DirecTV and just add on the sports pack during college football season - it gives me ESPNU and all the regional sports channels (you can usually find the Big East games of the week on one of those). Costs a lot less than Game Plan and you'll probably get to see every game except TN-Martin.

Not only that, but some of the regional ESPN/ABC games are streamed live online at ESPN360. It's free, too.

Archived