Why USF Won't Be Better Than WVU This Year

Zonald

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

White will run all over USF this year, BOOKMARKET!

The above poster talking up the Auburn Bull poster, like he was some 3rd party bias opinion.... BLAH BLAH, That War Hack boy is as Green as a Bull can get when it comes to USF favoritism.

You best get SCURD of white and FAST, this year he is gonna be like a HALOGEN, not soft white and blind your candy azzes!

Don't just tell me one day, prove it to me everyday.

Good luck with your season

War Eagle

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461

The only reason he is here is to get Bulls fans riled up.  :-*

• Content Count:  66,199
  • Days Won:  172

noel devine will put up some great numbers

he will rush for more yards than any usf back

So what?  There's no decent backup at RB at WVU.  We'll see which team gets more combined yards from the RB position. They'll need all they can get from him, too, since they lost a lot of key guys on both sides.

who will go further this year

wv or usf?

• Content Count:  2,461

USF will...

I will be surprised if ND makes it to our game. He'll be brought down by either injury or arrest.

• Content Count:  5

It's funny you say we have no backup at RB. Allow me to introduce you to 4-star running back Terrence Kerns. The guy plays like Emmitt Smith with more power and a hell of a lot more speed.

kerns2.jpg

kerns.jpg

As for the rest of the comments...

Pat White isn't a good passer? He was the 9th most efficient passer in the country last year. Grothe...way down in 76th. But who will he pass to? How about Tito Gonzales, Brandon Hogan, Jock Sanders, and Wes Lyons. They may not be the best receivers, but their downfield blocking is best in the conference

You also seem to think Schmitt was the only person blocking for Pat White last year. He was only in the game 20% of the time. You're forgetting we have the best offensive line in the country this year. Blocking will not be a problem.

And then comes our defense. This is the deepest DB crew we have ever had at WVU, which will more than make up for the secondary. Add in a couple of stout replacements in the DL and we have an above average defense this year.

It should be a good game, but I give the home field advantage (with White Night) to the Mounties this year.

• Content Count:  1,757

WVUstatechamp,

I agree luck plays an important part of football, but you can't seriously sit there and say that USF got lucky every play they ran on offense and defense in that game can you?  Defense wins games, sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't.  Usually the team with the highest amount of points at the end of the game wins, not who had the most luck or worst luck during the game.  That don't count for ****. 

If USF had beat you once at home and once at RJ, with all of that ESPN hyped superpower of Slaton, White, etc.  and the coach that invented the superspread offense,  I can see that the common denominator would be defense.

USF has one, you don't.

I'm sure the Bulls will feed Selvie some Patrick White this year with a side of Devine.

War Eagle

Thank you AUFan

Obvioulsy the clown from WV is biased for them just like the Bulls fans are biased for the Bulls.  I'm glad to see an impartial response from not only another team fan, but another team fan that is from another conference.  You have no reason to be biased in your opinion as to which team you think is better.  Especially due to the fact that USF beat AU last year. 

The problem with the guy from WV is that he is basing his comments for the upcoming year on what he wants and thinks will happen with out taking into account the facts.  WV lost several key players on offense and expect one person (Devine) to pick up and do as much or more than it took as least two others to do.  Ain't going to happen.  Especially with the major offensive changes that are said to be happening (White passing more).  And he didn't even mention the fact that WV lost about 8 of their starters on defense.  So I'm suppose to believe that with 8 new defensive starters that the WV defense is not going to skip a beat.  NOT!  We only lost about 9 players total from last year and I believe only 5 were starters, 2 on offense and 3 on defense.  And having a major coaching change will have absolutely no effect on the team this year.  Yeah Right!  WV only won the bowl game under the new coach because he had to go with what had already been established.  There was no way he had time to make any changes of his own.  But apparently he has made some significant changes for the upcoming year.  But this won't make any difference, will it?  Think again.

I will agree that we need to make some changes for improvement.  Yes Grothe needs to do better decision making in the passing game.  Hopefully with the complement of running backs this year, they will be utilized more so Grothe doesn't have to run as much.  But if my team was in a crisis play, I'd want Grothe instead of White.  Is it me, or is it coincidence that White only seems to get hurt when he's behind playing USF?  Or is it that the USF defense has the ability to put pressure on White that no other team seems to be able to do, and White doesn't know how to handle it.  Someone refresh my memory.  I maybe wrong but didn't White also get "hurt" against Pitt? 

WV is a good team, don't get me wrong, but they can't get by on previous reputation.  You have to go out and play the game.  It is not a fluke.  USF has WV's number as shown the last two years.  We will have to see how it all plays out.

But before that happens, WV has to get past Auburn.  That will show what WV is made of. 

My comment to that is  WAR EAGLE!!!

And as always, GO BULLS!!!

P.S.  You people at Auburn are my far the best fans I have had the pleasure of associating with in the 8 years I have had season tickets and have been following the Bulls.  Even in defeat, we never heard anything but complements and were treated with only respect and courtesy after the game while leaving your stadium.  Auburn was the best team I hated to see us beat.  My complements to the fine Auburn institution and fans. 

I've seen men take a "dive" in boxing, but not like White has done in every game when the going gets tough.  I watched that Pitt/WVa game on the replay a few days ago and yes, White took a dive against Pitt when they started to hit him.  He came back later in the game after RichRod shamed him into being a man.  It didn't help as he choked every time they got the slightest bit of pressure on him.

As for changing the offensive scheme at WVa, why?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Something tells me that without Slaton it is broke and the new head man knows that.   

• Content Count:  1

I have read down through some of these posts and encountered some intellegent points and some absolute silliness. I silly point I read the AU fan say was that WVU has no defense. An, excuse me, ....nonbody knows yet what kind of defense WVU has....or Auburn has....or USF has.....or USC has....or any other team in the country has, because guess what? The season hasn't kicked off yet. We have not played one single down, period. How does anybody in the world know any single solitary thing about what kind of offense, what kind of defense, what kind of special teams, or even if the brats grilling in the parking lot will be as good or as bad as last year? So nobody can say whether WVU has a defense this year, even though it was in the top 5 in the country last year. Nobody can say that Grothe will not be a better passer just because he was 76th in passing efficiency last year.

The article that was posted at the beginning? Ok, I am a WVU fan, and I would like to think it's correct....but that is because I am a WVU fan. For every one of these articles, there is another one that says that USF winsd the BE, and another one that says that both of our teams suck, and Pitt will win it all. Thease people are just trying to justify their jobs and fill space. They don't know. Just like that loudmouth on CSTV (can't remeber his name), that said that WVU would get killed by OU in the Fiesta. WVU made OU look stupid. Like some high school team that didn't even belong on the field with WVU.

USF fans, welcome to big time football. This what you can expect, so welcome to it. Also you can expect to be treated like the red-headed step child of the NCAA just because you are in the most hated conference in the country. Welcome to all the accolades that goes along with that as well. If you don't hate a dispise every media personality in the country, especially the ESPN clowns who are nothing but Big 10 and SEC homers yet, you will soon. You will find a new reason to hate publications like SI, Sporting News, ESPN the Mag, and others EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE! You will hate the mention of the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, and Big 12, and any combination of those letters or numbers that are found in any other word or statement in the Englishh language or whatever language that you prefer.

Having said all that, how about, as two of college football's red-headed step-children (WVU and USF) we simply, one to the other, say "best of luck, let's not get any players hurt?" I have said all along, both last year, and this year, that USF AND (not or, but AND) WVU are the two best cahnces that the conference has to get TWO teams into the BCS.  THAT is what our goal must be: to get TWO teams into the BCS. That is what is important, because that is waht will bring in what everybody is after and what the whole thing is about: the all-mightty dollar! That is why the ACC raped the BE in the first place! To get two teams into the BCS and get the money that goes with it! TWO teams, guys....not just one! You want facility upgrades? You need money! Money that comes from a conference taht is rich! It gets rich by getting money from bowl games, and getting two teams into the BCS. What is the payout this year? $14 million per bowl? $15 million per bowl? MONEY...MONEY...MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Money makes the world go around and makes our conference go around! Let's get the money and thumb our noses at the rest of the football world!!!!! TWO teams in teh BCS: USF AND WVU!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,506
  • Days Won:  111

White will run all over USF this year, BOOKMARKET!

The above poster talking up the Auburn Bull poster, like he was some 3rd party bias opinion.... BLAH BLAH, That War Hack boy is as Green as a Bull can get when it comes to USF favoritism.

You best get SCURD of white and FAST, this year he is gonna be like a HALOGEN, not soft white and blind your candy azzes!

Is that anything like a Sofa Market?

• Content Count:  760

I have read down through some of these posts and encountered some intellegent points and some absolute silliness. I silly point I read the AU fan say was that WVU has no defense. An, excuse me, ....nonbody knows yet what kind of defense WVU has....or Auburn has....or USF has.....or USC has....or any other team in the country has, because guess what? The season hasn't kicked off yet. We have not played one single down, period. How does anybody in the world know any single solitary thing about what kind of offense, what kind of defense, what kind of special teams, or even if the brats grilling in the parking lot will be as good or as bad as last year? So nobody can say whether WVU has a defense this year, even though it was in the top 5 in the country last year. Nobody can say that Grothe will not be a better passer just because he was 76th in passing efficiency last year.

The article that was posted at the beginning? Ok, I am a WVU fan, and I would like to think it's correct....but that is because I am a WVU fan. For every one of these articles, there is another one that says that USF winsd the BE, and another one that says that both of our teams suck, and Pitt will win it all. Thease people are just trying to justify their jobs and fill space. They don't know. Just like that loudmouth on CSTV (can't remeber his name), that said that WVU would get killed by OU in the Fiesta. WVU made OU look stupid. Like some high school team that didn't even belong on the field with WVU.

USF fans, welcome to big time football. This what you can expect, so welcome to it. Also you can expect to be treated like the red-headed step child of the NCAA just because you are in the most hated conference in the country. Welcome to all the accolades that goes along with that as well. If you don't hate a dispise every media personality in the country, especially the ESPN clowns who are nothing but Big 10 and SEC homers yet, you will soon. You will find a new reason to hate publications like SI, Sporting News, ESPN the Mag, and others EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE! You will hate the mention of the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, and Big 12, and any combination of those letters or numbers that are found in any other word or statement in the Englishh language or whatever language that you prefer.

Having said all that, how about, as two of college football's red-headed step-children (WVU and USF) we simply, one to the other, say "best of luck, let's not get any players hurt?" I have said all along, both last year, and this year, that USF AND (not or, but AND) WVU are the two best cahnces that the conference has to get TWO teams into the BCS.  THAT is what our goal must be: to get TWO teams into the BCS. That is what is important, because that is waht will bring in what everybody is after and what the whole thing is about: the all-mightty dollar! That is why the ACC raped the BE in the first place! To get two teams into the BCS and get the money that goes with it! TWO teams, guys....not just one! You want facility upgrades? You need money! Money that comes from a conference taht is rich! It gets rich by getting money from bowl games, and getting two teams into the BCS. What is the payout this year? $14 million per bowl? $15 million per bowl? MONEY...MONEY...MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Money makes the world go around and makes our conference go around! Let's get the money and thumb our noses at the rest of the football world!!!!! TWO teams in teh BCS: USF AND WVU!

You made your first post count didnt you.

This might be the most coherent thing i've ever heard come out of WV. I actually have to say I agree with you 100% and would love to see 2 BE teams in the BCS...with USF ahead of WVU ofcourse.

But you do bring up a good point. As much as we are rivals, we need to realize that we are together fighting the rest of the college football world for acceptance. That is why I hope we meet Dec 6th as 2 undefeated teams. Then, one team stands a chance at the NC, and the other BCS. Good luck...til then.

• Content Count:  171

WVU with the # 5 defense in the country,  that is just idiotic

Archived