Ford third string | We'll Be Fine at RB

ChiTownBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,204
  • Days Won:  172

If our run game was more efficient Grothe wouldnt have made the dumb mistakes he made last year. The bottom line is that Grothe needs help. Otherwise i see Oregon flash backs! At the RU game he ran backwards 20 yards and got drilled. The WR's need to step up just like the RB's do. Sorry grad, your point is wrong, we need a rb to step up or we are screwed.

i guess if grothe didnt have to make any decisions at all we would be fine

grothe has to be held accountable

he needs to improve on his decision making

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it odd that Mike Ford can be demoted to #3 on the depth chart due to conditoning and ball security issues yet Matt Grothe's #1 spot is never in doubt.  It's not like MG hasn't had a 1:1 TD to int. ratio his whole career or anything.  Daniels will run circles around him in practice yet still won't even be considered. 

Very curious indeed. 

leavitt has his favorites

• Content Count:  5,283
  • Days Won:  2

I find it odd that Mike Ford can be demoted to #3 on the depth chart due to conditoning and ball security issues yet Matt Grothe's #1 spot is never in doubt.  It's not like MG hasn't had a 1:1 TD to int. ratio his whole career or anything.  Daniels will run circles around him in practice yet still won't even be considered. 

Very curious indeed. 

very interesting perspective.

• Content Count:  10,606

I say it is less reliable because it is so early in the season and the coach may or may not be giving real information.

Considering that USF is so restrictive about practices and interviews-- this is not that far fetched to throw out there for our opponents to hear/

watch Ford get limited reps in that first game-- maybe even not starting-- to throw off UCF and Kansas a bit. No sense showing our A game versus Tenn-Martiin

I could also see Ford not getting the ball much the first two games just to throw Kansas off some. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,844
  • Days Won:  35

Very curious indeed. 

LMAO . . . it's amazing we've won 9 games each of the past 2 seasons with guys that shouldn't be starting  ::)

What are our coaches thinking.

Think some missed what usfgrad84 posted ...

Do some realize that we have yet to play a game. Nobody is leading in carries or TD's.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  5,283

Very curious indeed. 

LMAO . . . it's amazing we've won 9 games each of the past 2 seasons with guys that shouldn't be starting  ::)

Do some realize that we have yet to play a game. Nobody is leading in carries or TD's.

Go BULLS !!!

wow.  9 wins.  i guess that should be our goal every season, despite the fact that we could and should have won more with better preparation.

we had 9 win seasons 6 years ago.  time to take that next step.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Very curious indeed. 

Go BULLS !!!

wow.  9 wins.  i guess that should be our goal every season, despite the fact that we could and should have won more with better preparation.

We didn't win 9 games with Julmiste starting.  6 years ago we played slightly worse competition, I think you'd agree.  beating Bowling Green was nice, but they are no Big East team.

It's odd that all the sudden Grothe isn't getting the credit he deserves.  A lot of interceptions were tips and end of halves/games.  Some were costly, but everyone makes mistakes.  The guy is a playmaker, and contrary to what someone said on this forum recently, he rarely throws interceptions when he trys to make a spectacular play.  Now, he does get sacked, but I think he realizes he needs to not do that and throw the ball away a little more.  We'll see, but overall he's done a great job.

• Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Very curious indeed. 

Go BULLS !!!

What the hell are you people talking about?...

"Daniels will run circles around him in practice yet still won't even be considered."

According to whom? Perhaps if BJ is the next coming of Michael Vick, but I think most rational people realize the true probability of this. I cannot believe how some people are looking down on Grothe when most experts see him as one of the top QBs returning this year - he is just now in a traditional year for a QB to begin starting. I would also REALLY like to know if anyone has compared the number of times Grothe has scrambled and completed a great pass or run to the sacks he has taken - if the yardage is positive THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SUCH A STRATEGY, which is why CJL has stated he does not want to take that away from him. Rather, they are probably trying to prefect the strategy to reduce the risks.

Even given the facts known to the public, to imply that Grothe will continue to start, or Ford not start, only because of bias or incompetence on the part of CJL is absolutely ludicrous.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,844
  • Days Won:  35

"Time to step it up" ?  ::)

No Sugar Sherlock ... being excited and happy about a 9 win season does not mean we sit back and bask in the glory. It's called reality. Being content? In no way, each loss SUCKED and being embarrassed in the Bowl after finishing the season so strong SUCKED more. I would say EVERYONE is pissed that we lost those 3 winnable games during the season, some need to try to realize it.

People have bashed Williams because he's started much of last season. Realize the fact that Williams had 105 carries, Ford had 138. Commenting on that a player needs to be better, don't bash the guy for not being a better player. It would be like bashing a #2 or 3 not being better or complaining that our walk-on talent isn't starting. Williams is a SR and Ford a SO don't worry about a preseason depth chart 2 weeks before KickOff ... the better man will get more carries, just like last season.

Some wanting an unproven True FR at QB over a proven winner is just stupid. And using this in an argument in this subject is even more stupid. Agreeing with this perspective loses much credibility, if you had any.

Very curious indeed. 

Go BULLS !!!

you make it sound like 9 wins is a big accomplishment in big east!

usf have been competing for big east title last 2 years not tying for 3rd place

Archived