It's amazing

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We have a game in two days against last year's conference champ and we're still talking about the Carolina game.

Same thing is happening over at the TCU board.  They're still talking about their Texas Tech game.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

it's ok for the fans to do this.....as long as the coach's and players have moved on to the next game.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63

I believe the coaches and players have moved on. The fans need to get over the fact that we lost to an SEC school yet again.  We are only 8 years old and out school has made progress that any other school can't even dream about.  Our team is ready to move on and get the job done so the fans need to move on and get the job done.  I agree our oc sucks but thats just how it is for right now.  We got through it last year didn't we.  There is no reason in the world that we can't get through it this year as well.  GO BULLS!!!

BIGJL

Guest S.  Bien

OK, this is getting ridiculous.  The crapping on the team, and coach is assinine.  I completely agree our offense went out and layed an egg, the QB's looked bad, the coaching staff looked miffed about what to call (partly because Banks couldn't execute anything), but we're not pitiful, we're not on some downward spiral, we're not going to win only 2 games.

First, think relative for a moment please.  We played against what some would consider the best college football coach, at least the best gameday coach, in all the land- Lou Holtz- I'll challenge any a**hole on that subject.  Second, if you look at SC's recruiting the last few year's they've been building for this year.  It was no fluke that they should have beat #3 UGA the week prior.

Look at their offense- Syvelle Newton was a four star QB, and the #3 QB in the SE in 2002, Williamson (the WR that torched us) was a four star WR and the #1 WR coming out of the SE in 2002 (he's also the 60m SEC champ for indoor track), that OL has three four star athletes manning it, with three seniors, the other WR was Noah Whiteside a very highly recruited WR coming out in 2003.  Their defense had five star LB's Ricardo Hurley, and Slay, along with four star Marcus Lawrence...the DL had FOUR SENIOR STARTERS including 2001 phenom DE George Gause.  

That team is no fluke, they've got an incredible stable of RB's BEHIND five star, and the #1 RB in the nation in 2002, Demetrius Summers....  It wouldn't surprise me to see this SC team finish 9-2, maybe 8-3 at worst.  They're deep, they're experienced, and they got a good coach.  

With all that being said, for USF to win this we needed a superior output on all sides of the ball, and a little luck. We've got good talent, but we're just not talented enough yet, to out athlete a team like SC so we need some luck, great execution, and a scheme that fools them. We had nothing that day, part of it was SC's fault, and in other areas it was our youth shooting itself in the foot.  Taking into account the talent differential against SC, we won't see that same type of differential in the remainder of our games.  

In our remaining games USF will be as big, and probably faster than most or all of our remaining opponents.  This will make a difference because our athleticism can take over and allow certain players to dominate the game, or help us win.  Against a team like SC that is simply loaded, a weaker QB position gets extremely exploited.  A young secondary goes from a few mental errors to big glaring ones.  At least these mistakes were made against a team we generally felt we would lose to and not some conference foes.

I still remember watching us play Arkansas, Utah, SDST, even Alabama, and Oklahoma.  In those games we were completely outclassed, and outmanned.  One positive is aside from some glaring mental errors, and some atrocious QB play, this team was capable of hanging with SC- our OL actually opened holes and gave the QB's time to throw (which makes it more frustrating), the DL actually had TFL, two sacks by Tavarious Robinson were negated by penalties.  

We still need to recruit better and develop our youth to beat a team with as much talent, and as good of coach as USC has, but that time will get here eventually.  People need to be a bit more relative in their assessment.   A lot more information about this team will be ascertain over the next four weeks.  I wouldn't rush to judgement this early particularly considering the talent we have on the team.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

it will be interesting to see where the cocks finish.

when arkansas kicked our a$$es i hoped they would go on to have a great season. If memory serves me correctly they did not....

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206

Well said Bien.

I am however concerned w/ Tye Gunn and TCU's WR's.  Also, how do you thing we will do at trying to stop the run and their stable of RB's?

Guest wildrover

I don't think its all the SC game that people are upset about.  I think its just the straw that broke the camels back.  Its not like the offense just had one bad game.  They didn't look good all last season and it doens't look as if anything has been done about it.  

If it was just one bad game I think we would have moved on, but its not, I think the SC game is the focal point of a years worth of frustration now being channeled to that one game.  

We're more apt to forgive the Straight A student who messes up and forgets his homework, we might give them a day or two extra to get it done, while the F student who consistenly forgets isn't as often presented with the leaniency.  Our OC and offense, Ithink is quicly becoming that F student, though not quite there yet.

Guest S.  Bien

Straw that broke what back?  That straw was laid on by a **** good team.  I am disappointed we couldn't mount more of an offensive threat, albeit I believe much of our problem centers around QB's.  The coaches can only go as far as these kids will take them.

I am disappointed by QB recruiting the past few years, there were some second tier QB's we sort of ignored, or never pursued strong enough that are excelling at other places- Oliver Bosemann, Cory Randolph, Omar Jacobs, and a few others.  There are somethings about the offense that need some retooling, and there are areas I am not in agreement with Hobbie on how best to run the offense, but remember this is equal parts QB ineptness.

There is somethings you just can't work with, or work around.  Bad QB'ing is one of them.  They need to simplify the offense, and PJ needs to step up and play.  He's a big boy now, three years with the program, its time for PJ to step up and make plays!

Guest little_brother

TCU's is the 103rd-ranked defense (464.3) and 104th in scoring defense (38.3).

When/if the offense goes out there and looks like the Keystone Bulls again can we start the assinine crapping on the team and coach again?

Please let me know what to do/think as I am a little lost now that you have chastised the others that dare to see a naked emperor.

Guest S.  Bien
TCU's is the 103rd-ranked defense (464.3) and 104th in scoring defense (38.3).

When/if the offense goes out there and looks like the Keystone Bulls again can we start the assinine crapping on the team and coach again?

Please let me know what to do/think as I am a little lost now that you have chastised the others that dare to see a naked emperor.

UHhhh, maybe... be a little bit sensible considering we went into the SC game without our starting QB healthy, and SC was a **** good ball club.  I am sick and **** tired of reading this board with at least 25% of insensible posts, disregarding the fact we have an opponent next week.  If in four weeks this team is looking bad, and losing, then I'm all for jumping on their ****, but after losing to a very powerful SEC team, a little relativity could be mustered by a few posters.  At least wait to see how we fair against similarly skilled opponents before calling for CJL, and staff to be fired.

If we screw the pooch at TCU then it could be understood, but for me the biggest glaring error on the coaches part was their inability to recruit a competent QB.  The **** offense works, it did for MB, we just need QB's capable to execute it.