Questions about these "points" for Bulls in the "know".

Bulls 8_va

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,833
  • Days Won:  9

Ok, they might have made changes in the last year or so, because it seems every sport has season tickets.  Here is the breakdown for those sports other than football and basketball.

Volleyball-  $40

Mens Soccer-  $35

Women's Soccer-  $20

Combo Soccer (M & W)- $50

Women's Hoops-  $110

Baseball-  $50

Softball-  $50

Judging from the Things to Know release about Priority Points, any person that purchases any season tickets get credit.  So all of these sports should apply.  Of course this should probably be on another thread, but its good to know for those wondering about how to increase your Priority Points...........

Is this everyone's understanding of the other sports as well as for Football and Basketball?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044

Ok, they might have made changes in the last year or so, because it seems every sport has season tickets.  Here is the breakdown for those sports other than football and basketball.

Volleyball-  $40

Mens Soccer-  $35

Women's Soccer-  $20

Women's Hoops-  $110

Baseball-  $50

Softball-  $50

Judging from the Things to Know release about Priority Points, any person that purchases any season tickets get credit.  So all of these sports should apply.  Of course this should probably be on another thread, but its good to know for those wondering about how to increase your Priority Points...........

Is this everyone's understanding of the other sports as well as for Football and Basketball?

Women’s soccer seems to be the cheapest way to earn points.  $20 a point.  So, is it wrong to buy 20 season tickets to women’s soccer games with no intentions of going?  Regardless of that answer, will they penalize you when they figure it out?  I mean they’re not going to deny selling you the tickets, but they might deny the points as it could be considered fraudulent to the system.

Any thoughts?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think they would need to adjust it to points per a certain amount spent on season tickets.  but im sure the soccer program would love selling about 500 season tickets more than they normally would

• Content Count:  1,678
  • Days Won:  3

Volleyball-  $40

Mens Soccer-  $35

Women's Soccer-  $20

Women's Hoops-  $110

Baseball-  $50

Softball-  $50

Women’s soccer seems to be the cheapest way to earn points.  $20 a point.  So, is it wrong to buy 20 season tickets to women’s soccer games with no intentions of going?  Regardless of that answer, will they penalize you when they figure it out?  I mean they’re not going to deny selling you the tickets, but they might deny the points as it could be considered fraudulent to the system.

Any thoughts?

Business Major?

• Content Count:  8,044

Volleyball-  $40

Mens Soccer-  $35

Women's Soccer-  $20

Women's Hoops-  $110

Baseball-  $50

Softball-  $50

Any thoughts?

Business Major?

Chemical Engineering, but we actually do more business than engineering in the real world.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Negative, kids... I got an e-mail from Athletics today.  It seems that season tix for the "lesser sports" will be awarded points, but only 1 point for every $50 spent in tickets... at least from a Baseball perspective.

I have the Family 4-pack of Baseball tickets, and was awarded only one point for the package.  However, the Bulls Club e-mailed me and said that I'd receive 2 points for having those tickets... one for every $50.  Which is in accordance with other giving awards.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure USF will correct me.  But if you buy 5 $20 season tix to Women's Soccer, I'd imagine you'd only get 2 points.

Negative, kids... I got an e-mail from Athletics today.  It seems that season tix for the "lesser sports" will be awarded points, but only 1 point for every $50 spent in tickets... at least from a Baseball perspective.

I have the Family 4-pack of Baseball tickets, and was awarded only one point for the package.  However, the Bulls Club e-mailed me and said that I'd receive 2 points for having those tickets... one for every $50.  Which is in accordance with other giving awards.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure USF will correct me.  But if you buy 5 $20 season tix to Women's Soccer, I'd imagine you'd only get 2 points.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.  It originally seemed like a loophole, but 2 points for $100 Baseball Family Pack would be correct.  I don't think I see any other loopholes at this point.  Guess I'll have to earn points the old fashioned way.............donate.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

OK, I'm a tad confused here and need something cleared up. Where is the $ value of your season tickets taken into consideration on the point System? Is it the green highlight below?

And as far as your Women's soccer scenario, wouldn't you be getting 5 points per year per the red highlight below?

Understanding Your Priority Points Total

The USF Athletic Department awards priority points in three categories of involvement:  Athletics Giving, Bulls Loyalty, and USF Connections.  Points earned in each category combine to establish your “rank†among those who support the USF Bulls.

Priority point totals are used to determine access to, and seating locations for, NCAA championships, bowl games, conference tournaments and NCAA events hosted by USF, tickets for road games, priority parking at home contests (where available), and any home event where demand exceeds ticket availability. Additionally, in the event reseating is required in any USF athletics venue, the priority points system will determine the order of seat selections. 

Priority points are awarded as follows:

Priority Points for Athletics Giving

Your Bulls Club annual gift helps underwrite scholarships for student-athletes, recruitment and retention of top quality coaches and staff, academic support, travel, the recruitment of future Bulls, and other critical operating needs.  Capital and endowment giving helps build the physical infrastructure needed for training and competition and  establish a permanent and stabilizing financial base.  Priority points are awarded in both categories, as well as for philanthropic loyalty to your USF Bulls as demonstrated by consecutive year giving:

Annual Giving:  Two (2) points for every $100 in gifts for current operations, including the Stampede Fund, scholarships (non-endowed), and individual sports.  Calculations are based on cash received.

Capital and Endowment Giving:  Five (5) points for every $100 given to USF Athletics for facilities or endowment.  Calculations are based on cash received and outstanding pledge balances for pledges in good standing.

Consecutive Year Giving:  One (1) point for each consecutive year of giving to USF Athletics, counting from the current year backward.

Bulls Loyalty Points

The Bulls Club Priority Points system honors those who support the Bulls by purchasing season tickets and using those tickets to cheer on our teams.  Points will be awarded for:

Season Ticket Portfolio:  One (1) point for each season ticket purchased for any USF varsity sport from 1972 forward.

Season Ticket Usage:  Beginning in 2008-09, 1/10 (.1) point will be awarded for each season ticket in your account that is scanned at events  (Currently, Athletics scans tickets for football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball).  For example, a football season ticket holder with six (6) season tickets that uses all their tickets for the season would receive a bonus of 3.6 points (assuming a 6-game home schedule). 

USF Connection Points

In this category, special one-time affiliation and leadership points are awarded for the following:

USF Graduate:  Five (5) points for graduating from the University of South Florida (awarded per account).

Former Varsity Student Athletes:  Twenty-five (25) points for being a former Bulls student-athlete, cheerleader, Sun Doll, or mascot; one (1) point for each year of membership in the Bulls Varsity Club.

Athletics Leadership:  Five (5) points for serving on the boards of directors for the USF Partnership for Athletics, the Bulls Club, or the Varsity Club.  Twenty (20) additional points for serving as president of those organizations.

Alumni Leadership:  Twenty (20) points for serving as President/Chairman of USF’s National Alumni Association; Twenty-five (25) points for becoming a life member of the USF Alumni Association.

Student Bulls Club:  Student Bulls Club members have the opportunity to earn special activity points for attending games, volunteering at events, and leadership activities.  In addition, service on the Student Bulls Club Board of Directors will earn five (5) points, and serving as president of the Board of Directors will earn twenty (20) points.  Student Bulls Club member annual gifts will receive credit under the “Athletics Giving†category.  All points earned by Student Bulls Club members will transfer over to their alumni accounts upon graduation.

Triple B, I think its a combination of the two since some season tickets aren't worth as much as Men's Basketball and Football.  So instead of getting 5 points for 5 individual women's soccer games (5 x $20= $100), you'll only get the point value once $100 is reached (which matches the 2 points per $100 as a donation would).  That is my understanding of it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

Triple B, I think its a combination of the two since some season tickets aren't worth as much as Men's Basketball and Football.  So instead of getting 5 points for 5 individual women's soccer games (5 x $20= $100), you'll only get the point value once $100 is reached (which matches the 2 points per $100 as a donation would).  That is my understanding of it.

You're saying the Red and Green highlights are combined together then to figure out the points and don't syand alone?

Archived