PJ's Strength - Don't let him throw!

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

I keep reading how PJ is the savior on here. Did anyone watch the same game I did? He bounced 15 yd passes four yards short. He couldn't hit a route to save his life. In the TT game, how many three and outs did he have? I know Ronnie Banks had a demoralizing season last year, but PJ hasn't show a **** thing besides his scrambling ability.

I was always a Banks fan, but when they pulled the plug Saturday, I was relieved thinking PJ will finally show out. He was even worse. Starting PJ is a huge mistake! TCU may have the worst defense in the nation, but what advantage will it be to us when PJ can't hit the back side of the barn.

Watching PJ is like watching our men's basketball team all over again from last season. Everybody wanted change, but when the change is for the worse, what the hell is the point? If you were at the game, you saw how horrible PJ looked... and if you say he was injured... that is garbage. Adreline takes over or stay off the field. A 100% PJ might be better than Banks. Anything less, not a chance. At least on the short balls, Banks could get the ball to the receiver. PJ couldn't even do that.

The point PJ came in... we were still in the game. There was like 10:37 left in the 3rd QRT, although we were down 20-3. We could still utilize the ground game as well as the passing attack. It wasn't like PJ had all the stress in the world placed on him.

I'm just sick of hearing how great PJ is when Brian Fisher saved our asses in PJ's wins last season. If PJ starts, I fear how bad the TCU game will be. Will I still go crazy for us? Yes! But, the kids isn't going to perform an act of God in one week.

Either ditch the offense and utilize our line which was very solid, or just let Banks take his lumps because at least he gets the balls to the short receiver. His long ball may suck... but doesn't anyone remember PJ's long ball from last season?

Last complaint... how about when needing six yards for a first down we run a route that places the receiver past the first down marker! Get with the play calling... I don't care who is sending the plays in... get your head out of your ass!

Now... let's kick TCU's ass! See ya at the game!

The Sheriff

P.S.: Props to the O and D line!  

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Sheriff

• bulls96go

• ProfessaBull

• Markeymark

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

run forrest run!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No ones saying PJ is great.  Who else are you going to put in there?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Okay? Did you read what he just wrote.  I don't post very often. However, I do when I see fit.  I agree %100 with Terry.  I've been going to these games for some time now and I travel as well.

I was at this weekends game. PJ has no excuse.  If he wants to be our starter he has to prove that he can.  Not at practice BUT on the field.  Banks got the ball moving somewhat.  If he airs it out it's a pick if he throws short a lot of it is in the grass.  No need for me to state the obvious.  

PJ showed no signs of an injury besides the brace on his knee. It is either put up or shut up this week.  The coaches need to make changes and stop living in the Blackwell days. MAKE SOME CHANGES.  PAT IS NOT OUR MAN

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Okay? Did you read what he just wrote.  I don't post very often. However, I do when I see fit.  I agree %100 with Terry.  I've been going to these games for some time now and I travel as well.

I was at this weekends game. PJ has no excuse.  If he wants to be our starter he has to prove that he can.  Not at practice BUT on the field.  Banks got the ball moving somewhat.  If he airs it out it's a pick if he throws short a lot of it is in the grass.  No need for me to state the obvious.  

PJ showed no signs of an injury besides the brace on his knee. It is either put up or shut up this week.  The coaches need to make changes and stop living in the Blackwell days. MAKE SOME CHANGES.  PAT IS NOT OUR MAN

until we put a scheme in place to highlight PJ strenths then we do not know how good he can be.

Nebraska won many NC with a running QB and great defense they won 10 games last year with that offense, and PJ's arm is as good as jammal lord's ever was.  

some may crap on pj but the system and the play calling are 2/3 of the problem.

the root of the problem is coaching. great coaches put their players in positions to suceed. Passing with a "poor passing QB" on 3rd and 2 when you have been getting 5yds per carry is just NOT putting young men in a position to suceed, IMHO.

Like I said coaches need to make some changes.  

you can say that about Ronnie Banks as well. Until we put him in a position to succeed. Banks can hit the receiver anywhere from 15 yards and closer... PJ... well... he might be able to run for that many yards.

Ya! Good to see you come back to the stands after you left in disgust.  I thought I had seen the second coming to see you leave early?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206

Sheriff, I've watched RB ever since he got here and I actually think he's getting worse. He looked terrible also Sat. night. He was nervous at the line and checked off waaaay too much. He has a TERRIBLE pump fake and an even worse long ball. He can't short throws either.

RB's strength---- Holding a clipboard!

I wish I could say I left in disgust... but I had to pee and I didn't think I could piss on their hedges and not get thrown out. You won't see me leave a game early unless I get tossed or something I can't control. Last year, I had to leave the Louisville game early b/c my psycho-ex said her kids were sick. What BS! Never again!

Ronnie Banks may be better holding a clip board... just give Gachette the ball and let him go. Don't let PJ fool ya... I had a better throwing QB at Wittenberg than PJ.