Alvarado in The Oracle

Costa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

You guys drive me nuts... No, Delbert is not great, BUT NEITHER WAS BRONSON!!! Go back and look at our first bowl game- Bronson was 0-2. He was no better than Delbert AND Delbert can punt.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I would think that Bonani will be given a fair shot at kicking this year.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Bronson sucked and Benzer sucked almost as bad.

If Teachey was so much better than Delbert at FGs, don't you think Leavitt would put him in?  I'd think the guy who makes $1M+ to guide our team to #2 in the nation knows more than a couple of dorm room stoners.

This reeks of the "Bench Ronnie Banks and put in Pat Julmiste" conversations circa 2003.  Remember those, kids?

Delbert = The Man.  When you find someone better that Leavitt hasn't seen yet, let him know.

• Content Count:  66,125
  • Days Won:  172

It says that in the past two scrimmages of the spring, he has gone 4-11 in field goals and 2-4 on extra points. Leavitt then goes on to say that Alvarado will get the first opportunity, then Teachey, then the new kid we have coming in. How much longer are we going to have to put up with Alvarado's crap? Obviously this kid cannot kick, so why is Leavitt still behind him so much? This is getting out of control. I think its time that we let some one else step in and see what they can do.

\one of biggest misteries in sports

Because he missed 4 of 6 attempts, or because he made 2 of six attempts?

Because he didn't fold under enormous pressure and made the biggest fg in USF history after already missing once from that extreme angle .....

Like has already been stated, he was our best option last year and the coaching staff will make a change when a better option materializes....

doesnt say much about our recruiting

Bronson sucked and Benzer sucked almost as bad.

If Teachey was so much better than Delbert at FGs, don't you think Leavitt would put him in?  I'd think the guy who makes $1M+ to guide our team to #2 in the nation knows more than a couple of dorm room stoners.

This reeks of the "Bench Ronnie Banks and put in Pat Julmiste" conversations circa 2003.  Remember those, kids?

Delbert = The Man.  When you find someone better that Leavitt hasn't seen yet, let him know.

leavitt doesnt know so much if he did he would have recruited a jc or top frosh kicker instead of keeping alvarado

because usf chooses to over pay him what makes leavitt so smart?

he took us from #2 to the worst bowl beating of the season

Dear heavenly football gods, please provide the University of South Florida Football team with a kicker that has a sound mind, nerves of steal and a strong leg with accuracy for the next 4 years.

Yeah-Man

our coaches need to go out and recruit a kicker

Sun Bowl? Really?

How about a miss (or two?) against RU, two against UConn, and one against Cincy. Lost by 3, lost by 7, lost by 5. If he hits all of those, we are in position at the end of the game to kick for the win, and never see the Sun Bowl (which I have forgotten by now).

I see you like to play the "if" game...I like to play it too. If the defense holds Rice to just 100 yards instead of 190 we win. If Grothe doesn't throw a pick six and an INT inside UConn's 10 we win the game. If there' only 2 turnovers instead of EIGHT, we beat Cinci.

Alvarado is the FG kicker because he is the best available on the team, the coaching staff will make a change  when there is a better option.

usf cant make a change because coaches didnt recruit an option

• Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

I see you like to play the "if" game...I like to play it too. If the defense holds Rice to just 100 yards instead of 190 we win. If Grothe doesn't throw a pick six and an INT inside UConn's 10 we win the game. If there' only 2 turnovers instead of EIGHT, we beat Cinci.

Yeah, and if my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle.  How many other other BCS schools have their punter kicking field goals?  If he is currently our best option- fine.  4-11 is not D1A or whatever it's called now material.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Smaz,

What the hell are you talking about? Florida had a similar kicker the year they won the national title...yet that didn't speak o their recruiting.

I agree he's the best we have, but I'd love to see someone more dependable there.

Archived