• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I was surfing the CUSA board today and came across a stat that UCF had only 23K at their game this weekend.  Which was probably less actual bodies.  With this type of attendance, we should never EVER hear from KnightLight and others about USF attendance and such.  They always seem quick to pull out stats and articles saved on their computer from years ago about USF...yet they can't even get 23K fans into a brand new stadium.  I though BHNS would gaurantee them sellouts and they would quickly be expanding the stadium to 65K within 4 years and BCS conferences like the ACC would be knocking on their door.  What happened.  When is the expansion of BHNS starting????

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I was surfing the CUSA board today and came across a stat that UCF had only 23K at their game this weekend.  Which was probably less actual bodies.  With this type of attendance, we should never EVER hear from KnightLight and others about USF attendance and such.   They always seem quick to pull out stats and articles saved on their computer from years ago about USF...yet they can't even get 23K fans into a brand new stadium.  I though BHNS would gaurantee them sellouts and they would quickly be expanding the stadium to 65K within 4 years and BCS conferences like the ACC would be knocking on their door.  What happened.  When is the expansion of BHNS starting????

Nothing will ever deter a loser like K_L from coming over here and taking his veiled shots at us. It may slow him down a bit but it will never stop. The good thing is we are down to really just him being the only one obsessed enough to continue those pathetic ways ...

I will now merge this into the appropriate thread for attendance smack.  ;)

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I was surfing the CUSA board today and came across a stat that UCF had only 23K at their game this weekend.  Which was probably less actual bodies.  With this type of attendance, we should never EVER hear from KnightLight and others about USF attendance and such.  They always seem quick to pull out stats and articles saved on their computer from years ago about USF...yet they can't even get 23K fans into a brand new stadium.  I though BHNS would gaurantee them sellouts and they would quickly be expanding the stadium to 65K within 4 years and BCS conferences like the ACC would be knocking on their door.  What happened.  When is the expansion of BHNS starting????

I was at that game.  There is a reason why I can't stand Thanksgiving weekend games.

There were next to no students there(a good 12k missing right there).  From what students have been saying, spending time with the family(away from campus) was more important than watching a 4-7 team stink it up.  I can't argue with that.  I'd say about 80% of season ticket turnout was there and there wasn't much in single game tickets.  23k being there is a fair assessment.

Now, my green and gold friend, the big difference in this argument is that your attendance troubles are during games that should not have issues.  Before this game, the season low for attendance was 40k for the Sunday ECU game.  In fact, that Sunday game was the lowest since the stadium opened before the Thanksgiving game.  UCF has historically had bad Thanksgiving weekend attendance, so weak numbers last week come to no surprise.

2008 - 23644

2006 - 23755

2004 - 12083

2003 - 12902

2002 - 12462

This comes from being a young school with a still growing fan base with a large majority of students not being commuters.  Now, I don't expect you to get it, cause you rarely do, but all things considered, averaging slightly under 40k for a really bad season is a good indication that the fan base is growing and getting stronger.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I was at that game.  There is a reason why I can't stand Thanksgiving weekend games.

There were next to no students there(a good 12k missing right there).  From what students have been saying, spending time with the family(away from campus) was more important than watching a 4-7 team stink it up.  I can't argue with that.  I'd say about 80% of season ticket turnout was there and there wasn't much in single game tickets.  23k being there is a fair assessment.

Now, my green and gold friend, the big difference in this argument is that your attendance troubles are during games that should not have issues.  Before this game, the season low for attendance was 40k for the Sunday ECU game.  In fact, that Sunday game was the lowest since the stadium opened before the Thanksgiving game.  UCF has historically had bad Thanksgiving weekend attendance, so weak numbers last week come to no surprise.

2008 - 23644

2006 - 23755

2004 - 12083

2003 - 12902

2002 - 12462

This comes from being a young school with a still growing fan base with a large majority of students not being commuters.  Now, I don't expect you to get it, cause you rarely do, but all things considered, averaging slightly under 40k for a really bad season is a good indication that the fan base is growing and getting stronger.

Dawg, how are you? Haven't seen you around lately.

Anyway, let's not confuse people.  You **** well know that those are announced numbers.  I'm assuming we will never see the actual numbers since ucf owns the stadium and can release whatever number they want.

I've been around but have had little to say.  I know a few that post are unable to tighten their green and gold goggles and they just needed a little correcting.

Being at the game, I can honestly say that the announced number wasn't far off from the real number.  I'd say 20-22k is probably a more accurate number, but no less.  There were single game seats taken as well as visiting seats(UAB brought a small crowd and their marching band).  Just calling it how I saw it.

Anyway, how's by you?

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Being at the game, I can honestly say that the announced number wasn't far off from the real number.  I'd say 20-22k is probably a more accurate number, but no less. 

Lee texted me and said he estimated the crowd at 15K.

Being at the game, I can honestly say that the announced number wasn't far off from the real number.  I'd say 20-22k is probably a more accurate number, but no less. 

Lee texted me and said he estimated the crowd at 15K.

I'd have to ask what game the old man stumbled to?  He probably drove south to the FIU/FAU game.  That was a very full "15k".

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

3068832023_b3e7b842d0_b.jpg

3069684644_e0cb18a206_b.jpg

3069722404_a26abe1ae6_b.jpg

Those are second half pictures(look at the scoreboard).  The place cleared out after halftime(cause everyone knows we don't score in the second half).

Also, the first picture is of the student section(the one I said was pretty much empty).  The last one is from the 4th because my section(130) is one that is partially pictured.  It was nearly full to start the game and then the attrition came.  The second one had the same section in it (between 30 and 40's).