Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

On Campus Football Stadium > Renting Ray Jay by 100000 x!!  In the meantime...keep trying to catchup to UCF with your facilities.  Congrats on the new ballpark...ours is coming soon.

Basketball practice facilty and the renovated Sun Dome will be better than what you have as well.

::)

Our practice facility may end up better than theirs, but it'll take a pretty substantial Sun Dome renovation to approach their new arena.

Agreed, and that's just to approach theirs .... Ours will be just fine but only a demo and ground up build would enable us to equal theirs ... much less be better.

We're putting enough capital into it. The inside of the new Sun Dome is going to be equal to, if not better than what they have.

I really hope you're right but will believe it when I see it ...

Club area, suites, seats to fill in the open spaces. Going to be what it should have been a long time ago.

Hell, one color of seats.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

On Campus Football Stadium > Renting Ray Jay by 100000 x!!  In the meantime...keep trying to catchup to UCF with your facilities.  Congrats on the new ballpark...ours is coming soon.

Basketball practice facilty and the renovated Sun Dome will be better than what you have as well.

Our practice facility may end up better than theirs, but it'll take a pretty substantial Sun Dome renovation to approach their new arena.

Agreed, and that's just to approach theirs .... Ours will be just fine but only a demo and ground up build would enable us to equal theirs ... much less be better.

We're putting enough capital into it. The inside of the new Sun Dome is going to be equal to, if not better than what they have.

Club area, suites, seats to fill in the open spaces. Going to be what it should have been a long time ago.

<Insert picture of that cute little girl with fingers crossed and eyes squeezed shut>

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,674
  • Days Won:  4

I found this interesting from the UCF beat writer. I know it has been said and speculated before but I don't recall anyone coming right out and reporting how they use the BE angle to better their recruiting and have been doing it for a long time.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/03/join-our-ucf-athletics-live-chat-at-1-p-m-thursday.html

Iliana: When I talked with former UCF players for an article about Gene Chizik following the national championship, they all said coaches told them during the recruiting process UCF was going to the Big East. It's been part of the recruiting pitch for a long time. More recently, I think UCF coaches have been careful to say it's a strong possibility and they think it will happen. I haven't gotten the impression that it is UCF's top selling.

A group of former Knights who played for Mike Kruczek told me they were told by his staff UCF would be in the Big East soon.

Guest nybullsfan

<Insert picture of that cute little girl with fingers crossed and eyes squeezed shut>

YWIMC.

20090916_fingers_crossed.jpg

YWIMC.

20090916_fingers_crossed.jpg

TY.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think UCF or any other school should let the kid go.  Not to punish the kid,  but to protect the program.  Recruiting has to end when a kid signs,  Not blaming this on Louisville the school,  but recruiting pressures never ended with smith.  Whether it was just friends,  local fans, or friends of the program and booster's is another question.  If it was  booster's and it came out the Ncaa would have no choice but to penalize UL.  Would it be Ul's fault??  No..  but it wouldn't be the first nor last time boosters got a program in trouble. 

NWM.

WTF?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

UCF doing the right thing here. You can't set a precedent that your signed commits can still be recruited. Each one of these kids cost a lot of time and money to bring in and sign. Plus UCF has 2 QBs now on their roster, both only 2nd year guys. I know he won't be going to UCF anyhow, and prob goes JUCO or prep or something.

I don't think UCF or any other school should let the kid go.  Not to punish the kid,  but to protect the program.  Recruiting has to end when a kid signs,  Not blaming this on Louisville the school,   but recruiting pressures never ended with smith.  Whether it was just friends,  local fans, or friends of the program and booster's is another question.  If it was  booster's and it came out the Ncaa would have no choice but to penalize UL.  Would it be Ul's fault??  No..  but it wouldn't be the first nor last time boosters got a program in trouble.   

I think there's a huge distinction between "friends and family" and "friends of the program" .... Is there any kind of credible evidence as to who, if anybody, was really pressuring him? As I've said before, this must have been a very emotional ride for him since December and I just felt that should be taken into consideration when deciding to release him or not ..... Of course, Captain Bligh has made it quite clear that almost his entire family could have been wiped out in a fire, leaving the care of his little sister solely up to him and he still wouldn't release him.