Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Since this now seems to be settled, I'd really like to know what Smith's rationale was to go into a situation knowing he might not see starting QB duties until the 2014 season.

He could have seen the field at Louisville much sooner.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

those hillbillies in Kentucky have probably been harassing this kid and creating a story...don't take anything serious from their papers, blogs are just as credible

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/03/louisville-quarterback-damarcus-smith-100-percent-a-knight.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2Fcollege%2Fgoldenknightsnotepad+%28Knights+Notepad%29

No quotes in there from Smith himself ... That will put it to rest.

Since this now seems to be settled, I'd really like to know what Smith's rationale was to go into a situation knowing he might not see starting QB duties until the 2014 season.

If indeed he does stay at UCF, the rationale could be comparing 5'11"/167 to 6'3"/185 ...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

how has it been settled? I haven't seen anything

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

Marc Daniels on the radio today said he has informed UCF coaches he is still coming to UCF.  There is no story in this story.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,259

High school kids make dumb decisions. He got his feelings hurt when Louisville recruited and signed a much better prospect in Bridgewater, so he ran off with his tail between his legs.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Marc Daniels on the radio today said he has informed UCF coaches he is still coming to UCF.  There is no story in this story.

Says the guy who serves as the "Voice of the Knights," so of course he'll say something along those lines.  Who cares anyways, Smith sounds like a drama queen who can't handle competition at his position. Bridgewater would've won the spot anyways. I'm guessing he thinks he'll have a better chance of beating out Godfrey. Godfrey is a small guy, injury is always more probable with a dual-threat quarterback of his size.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

"It’s a shame, though, that a sizable chunk of a community feels the need to pressure an 18-year-old young man into doing what’s right for them and by extension the colors they root for instead of allowing someone they claim to care about to make a decision he feels is best for himself and his future."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/with-rumors-swirling-oleary-says-four-star-qb-100-percent-a-knight/

Says the guy who serves as the "Voice of the Knights," so of course he'll say something along those lines.  Who cares anyways, Smith sounds like a drama queen who can't handle competition at his position. Bridgewater would've won the spot anyways. I'm guessing he thinks he'll have a better chance of beating out Godfrey. Godfrey is a small guy, injury is always more probable with a dual-threat quarterback of his size.

you guys are really reaching for a story that is not there, started by a UK blogger and the Louisville fans & media ran w/ it like it was a fact

It will probably be somewhat of a story until Smith himself issues a statement or some more time passes ...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

"It’s a shame, though, that a sizable chunk of a community feels the need to pressure an 18-year-old young man into doing what’s right for them and by extension the colors they root for instead of allowing someone they claim to care about to make a decision he feels is best for himself and his future."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/with-rumors-swirling-oleary-says-four-star-qb-100-percent-a-knight/

you guys are really reaching for a story that is not there, started by a UK blogger and the Louisville fans & media ran w/ it like it was a fact

I'm not reaching at all knight. I'm merely stating my opinion about your future QB. Louisville fans are crying about Smith and that’s fine, but we Bulls over here, don’t care. If anything, they should be more excited about the recruit that Strong brought in because he is a much better all-around QB. And, I'm happy for you guys because you have a very good freshman QB coming in behind Godfrey. You should be pumped.