Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

You guys have to be the biggest ******* in college football, lol.

Actually, that tag is already taken by the UCF fanbase.

Reality.

Get some.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

You guys have to be the biggest ******* in college football, lol.  Are you guys scared of lil ol' UCF stealing more of your recruits?  How about improving that ******** of a campus and relying on more than just your BCS tag?

Thanks, I was wondering when this would be ripe for the move ...

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

64-12...full disclosure...was that the last game score? Cmon man...have a least a SHRED of credibility!

31-24 OT so what? IF you beat a team 64-12 when they were at there supposed most talented time during a 4 game series, I expect it to be mentioned.

This is a message board and your a troll, dont talk to me about credibility

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277

Here's Bianchi's latest post:

Gov. Rick Scott should get behind UCF’s Big East bid just like Virginia governor did

Uncategorized — posted by mike bianchi on January, 26 2011 9:06 PM

New Florida Gov. Rick Scott should step in if USF is indeed trying to block UCF’s path into the Big East..

When I suggested political intervention in a column earlier this week, several  readers claimed it would be unprecedented for the government to step in and try to mediate between two state rivals.

Not exactly.

Let us not forget it was a threat from the state government that forced Florida to finally agree to schedule Florida State back in 1958.

And just a few years ago when the ACC was expanding, Virginia Gov. Mark Warner wielded his power to force Virginia to back Virginia Tech.

Many University of Virginia fans and boosters weren’t crazy about the idea, but Warner applied pressure to Virginia President John Casteen so that Virginia would support Virginia Tech’s admission into the ACC. As a result, Virginia not only voted in favor of ACC expansion but with the caveat that Virginia Tech must be one of the expansion teams.

See what a little political coercion can do?

Gov. Rick Scott should do the same thing for UCF. He not only needs to make sure USF isn’t trying to obstruct UCF’s path into the Big East, he needs to make sure USF is clearing UCF’s path into the Big East.

It’s like I wrote in my column earlier this week: “UCF and USF are both state-funded institutions of higher learning in an economic climate where universities are having to scrimp and scrape for every dollar they can get. For one state school to vote against and try to block another state school from gaining access to millions and millions of BCS dollars would be unpardonable.â€

UCF is the biggest university in Florida and the second-biggest in the nation. Our governor and legislature need to get behind the the Knights and make sure everything possible is done to  get them to the next level — academically and athletically.

If that means exerting political pressure on USF President Judy Genshaft then so be it.

Link

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Since we are dragging up relevant UCF articles.  There is no better then this one...  Still potent almost 10 years later.

SPORTS COMMENTARY: MIKE BIANCHI

Knights a legend in own minds but nowhere else

Mike Bianchi

October 1, 2003

Duped.

Deceived.

Deluded.

Me, you and every other college football fan in this city. We've been sold on the fantasy that UCF is right at the cusp of becoming a prominent college football program. We were flim-flammed into thinking UCF actually deserved an invitation to a major conference. We were bamboozled into believing the Golden Knights were thisclose to being on equal footing with Florida and Florida State.

"We will compete for a national championship at UCF," Coach Mike Kruczek told me in one of the first interviews I ever conducted with him when I arrived in town three years ago.

In hindsight, I should have spewed Diet Coke out of my nose when Kruczek made such a hilarious comment. It should have been the first hint that UCF and those in charge of the program are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Kruczek now is getting barbecued by fans, and he has only himself to blame for building expectations to inane levels. He's the one who talked about competing with Miami for national championships before UCF ever even had competed with Miami of Ohio for a Mid-American Conference title. And he's the one who was talking about running the table in the MAC before UCF ever even played its first MAC game.

It's all part of the UCF's utopian fantasy. The Golden Knights look into the mirror and see Oklahoma. The rest of the nation sees Northeast Oklahoma.

It's no wonder UCF fans are calling for Kruczek's job. They feel as if they've been betrayed. They thought they were buying a Harley; they got a moped. They ordered the New York strip; they're eating liver and onions. They were sold a six-pack of Guinness Stout; they're drinking King Cobra malt liquor.

The amazing thing is that UCF, despite never having earned anything on the football field, still reportedly is a leading candidate to join the Big East. But at this rate, the Golden Knights might be a better fit for the Southland Conference.

To think, UCF just relocated into a new state-of-the-art football facility. It's like building a new mansion and the Munsters moving in. UCF is 1-3 and easily could be 0-4. The Golden Knights were beaten by Kent State, a perennial MAC bottom-feeder, and they came within inches of losing to Division I-AA Florida Atlantic. Expected attendance at Saturday's game against Buffalo: Mrs. Kruczek and the kids.

And, please, spare us the rhetoric about how UCF is losing to inferior teams. News flash: UCF is the inferior team. The Golden Knights aren't giving away games; they're getting them taken away. They're not just losing; they're getting pummeled. This is worse than watching the Magic try to get an offensive rebound.

UCF's defense is ranked No. 99 in the country, and its offense is dead last -- 117 out of 117 -- in turnovers. In other words, UCF can't stop anybody -- except itself.

It's become so bad that ESPN has nominated Saturday's game between UCF and Buffalo for the disreputable "Pillow Fight of the Week." It might as well be UTEP-Rice. Wrote one disgusted fan on a UCF message board: "I never thought I'd see the day where Buffalo would be a measuring stick for our program."

As Bill Parcells once said, "You are what you are." And right now, UCF is a second-tier team in a second-tier conference. The Knights never have won a championship; never been to a bowl game. Their fan base is small; their athletic budget smaller.

It's time for UCF to start concentrating on beating Kent State instead of hallucinating on being Florida State.

Mike Bianchi can be reached at Mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com.

Copyright © 2003, Orlando Sentinel

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

64-12...full disclosure...was that the last game score? Cmon man...have a least a SHRED of credibility!

Pretty sure the last game was 31-24 in OT.

You can thank our formar O-Coordinator Greg Gregory for even making that a game. We were up 24-10 with the ball and that dipshit was calling pass plays on 2nd down.

Gov. Rick Scott should get behind UCF’s Big East bid just like Virginia governor did

New Florida Gov. Rick Scott should step in if USF is indeed trying to block UCF’s path into the Big East..

When I suggested political intervention in a column earlier this week, several  readers claimed it would be unprecedented for the government to step in and try to mediate between two state rivals.

Not exactly.

Let us not forget it was a threat from the state government that forced Florida to finally agree to schedule Florida State back in 1958.

And just a few years ago when the ACC was expanding, Virginia Gov. Mark Warner wielded his power to force Virginia to back Virginia Tech.

Mike, you imbecile, what's the biggest difference in those scenarios and ours? Those 4 schools affected the majority of college sports fans/graduates in their respective states at the time those "deals" were done ... Relatively speaking, nobody gives a **** about this but the 407 area code. The Guv probably can't keep who is who himself ...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Not exactly.

Mike, you imbecile, what's the biggest difference in those scenarios and ours? Those 4 schools affected the majority of college sports fans/graduates in their respective states at the time those "deals" were done ... Relatively speaking, nobody gives a **** about this but the 407 area code. The Guv probably can't keep who is who himself ...

This coming from someone who's school in the much larger Tampa Bay Area is virtually invisible?

Here is USF's "announced" average attendance in basketball this year: 3,307 (most agree the actual crowds are just a fraction of that number)

Plus, your BCS Football team can't even fill up half their seats in their own 65,000 seat plus stadium.

Actual USF Home Football Attendance in 2010 as noted by the St Pete Times:

Stony Brook: 32,870

Western Kentucky: 29,939

FAU: 28,946 

Syracuse: 30,344

Rutgers: 25,755

Pitt: 30,999

UCONN: 30,815

Not exactly.

This coming from someone who's school in the much larger Tampa Bay Area is virtually invisible?

Here is USF's "announced" average attendance in basketball this year: 3,307 (most agree the actual crowds are just a fraction of that number)

Plus, your BCS Football team can't even fill up half their seats in their own 65,000 seat plus stadium.

Actual USF Home Football Attendance in 2010 as noted by the St Pete Times:

Stony Brook: 32,870

Western Kentucky: 29,939

FAU: 28,946 

Syracuse: 30,344

Rutgers: 25,755

Pitt: 30,999

UCONN: 30,815

You moron, that doesn't negate the point I was making .... Hell, it probably reinforces it.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Bianchi sucks as bad as UCF does.