Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Smazza, I like you and everything but you were the one who came on here time and time again saying how UCF was worse than a 1-AA school and we should be playing "the big boys" like USC and what not.

Flip-flopper!!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,953
  • Days Won:  436

the world think ftu/oo/oc is the bes tea in the state

Link?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

Go to urbandictionary.com and type in University of Central Florida and then proceed to chuckle at the extreme accuracy of the second definition!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

That is pretty good. Also looked us up and had a few laughs. What some people waste their time on lol

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738

Link?

smazza is crazy

everyone knows Lipton makes the best Tea

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Can it be copied onto the thread here, for those of us that don't want to incur the rath of the firewall god?  :) With proper attribution, of course.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  640

Considered to be the second largest commuter school in Florida, next to Disney World, UCF provides students of all ages (Especially those aged 40+ who never got the chance to go to college) an opportunity to attend and print out a copy of a Bachelor's Degree from their library.

UCF is a model school when it comes to a lack of school spirit. When asked, 50% claimed their mascot to be Mickey Mouse, 40% said it was a horse, and 10% said they didn't know what a mascot was.

Understanding that many of their students commute from either Disney World or their parent's house, UCF has made great strides in ensuring that freshman still receive some form of the "college experience" by promoting and encouraging the "Freshman 15," which remains spearheaded by the Greek Life, mainly the sororities.

Originally, University of Central Florida's (UCF) intended purpose was to educate students in preparation for employment at Disney World as janitors, but an increase of recent standards by Disney have made it impossible for UCF graduates to work there. In order to accommodate for this, UCF has begun shuffling new graduates into fast food franchises, with the exception of Chickfila.

While still an accredited school, its status as a university remains questionable. When those responsible for accrediting schools was asked "why," they responded with, "We thought it would be funny."

Son: "Hey dad, I only got into two schools. McDonald's and University of Central Florida. Which one should I go to?"

Father: "Ok, son, for one, McDonald's isn't a school... but if you're asking me which option will give you more of a future, go to McDonald's."

Person#1: "So did you get into any colleges?"

Person#2: "UCF"

Person#1: "...So no?"

Person#2: "Yeah..."

Person#1: "I'm really sorry"

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

Link?

lol

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

a couple tunes drivel might be interested in, not sure if it has hit Itunes yet ;D

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277

OrlandoSentinel.com

Is USF blocking UCF's way into the Big East?

If so, Gov. Scott needs to step in

Mike Bianchi

SPORTS COMMENTARY

7:24 PM EST, January 25, 2011

Hopefully, this is not true.

Hopefully, all of the concerns on UCF's part are based on bad information.

Hopefully, all of the whispers you hear about the University of South Florida trying to block UCF from gaining an invitation to the Big East are emanating from message boards and not meeting rooms.

But I'm starting to wonder.

Really wonder.

"We have been hearing this, too," UCF spokesperson Grant Heston said in an e-mailed response to the Sentinel about USF obstructing UCF's potential path into the Big East. "We hope it's not true, because our joining the Big East would clearly be a win-win for both universities."

Here's all you need to know about Heston's response: If he is issuing a public statement of any kind on the issue, then UCF President John Hitt is clearly concerned that the Bulls may be lobbying against UCF joining them in the prestigious and profitable Big East. Heston would not issue a statement of any kind unless Hitt put his stamp of approval on it.

Then there is USF's suspicious silence on this issue. When I tried to contact USF President Judy Genshaft last week and early this week to ask her feelings about the Big East potentially inviting UCF, the university's publicity department said she would have no comment on the issue. "All Big East expansion inquiries need to be directed to Big East Commissioner John Marinatto," a school publicist said in an e-mail. "He is the sole spokesperson on this issue."

A Big East spokesperson would not comment on the UCF-USF issue.

Funny, but other Big East representatives, including Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino and USF football coach Skip Holtz, have commented in the past about UCF joining the Big East. If Genshaft wanted UCF in the Big East, she would have gladly commented publicly on the issue. In fact, she would be doing everything in her power to let the world know she is pulling for her sister institution gaining access to the big money and big exposure of the Big East.

But once again, it seems, USF could be playing petty politics in order to keep UCF down. Not that we should be surprised. We've certainly seen it before when USF ended a perfectly good football rivalry between the two schools because the Bulls felt they were above playing the Knights. Instead, they play opponents like Wofford and Stony Brook, robbing fans of a raucous rivalry that would make a lot of money and stir a lot of passion for both schools.

If, in fact, USF is trying to keep UCF out of the Big East then it's time for the governor or state legislature to step in and tell Genshaft to quit being so myopic.

UCF and USF are both state-funded institutions of higher learning in an economic climate where universities are having to scrimp and scrape for every dollar they can get. For one state school to vote against and try to block another state school from gaining access to millions and millions of BCS dollars would be unpardonable.

If new Gov. Rick Scott is serious about putting this state back to work and spurring the economy, he might start with ordering USF's Genshaft to pave the way for UCF; not block the path.

Think of the economic impact of UCF and USF in the same BCS conference. Think of the sellout stadiums when the two teams play. Think of the buzz in two of the biggest cities in the state if the two teams are fighting each other for the Big East championship. Think of the exposure in the Northeast and all of that out-of-state tuition from potential students in Boston and New York who decide they want to go to college in Florida after watching UCF-USF battle it out in a Sunshine State sizzler.

The shortsightedness of USF coaches and administrators in regard to UCF has always amazed me. They worry about trying to separate themselves from UCF instead of joining forces with the Knights and fostering the one integral element that college football was built upon: Rivalries — geographic and conference rivalries: Michigan-Ohio State. Florida-Georgia. Florida State-Miami. These are conference games that captivate the fan bases of the two schools just as UCF-USF would if both were in the same league.

College football programs should play the games their fans and students want to see, not the games the coaches and administrators want to schedule.

If USF is blocking UCF from a possible invitation to the Big East, that would be inexcusaBull.

Link