Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like my role as UCF's biggest homer is being challenged ( no offense Goose) ...I need to man up!   ;D

Ha ha .. footnfan1..you're awesome

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

Goose, I really had to snarfle when you suggested that "I always mention UCF because everyone outside of Florida see’s UCF and USF in the same light". Yeah does that "everyone " include the people who know that UCF has only beaten 2 BCS conference teams in it's history? Do they remember UCF's "perfect" season 0f 2004. Do they remember that UCF never beat USF head-to-head? Do they know that UCF keeps whining and begging to get into a BCS conference? Is that the "everyone" you are talking about? Man you are funny.

I think the only way to fairly compare the USF and UCF is to compare UCF with Pre-BCS USF.  USF was 7-12 against BCS teams when they weren’t in a BCS conference.  I guess This that is decent but to be fair...has there been any non BCS team with a winning record against BCS opponents outside of Boise St, Utah, and TCU?  So I think if you continue to throw the same argument toward a UCF fan they have a losing record against BCS opponents ..that is a weak argument ...I think you might do a better job of just saying they're record against winning team is poor versus the BCS record.  Like I said in many post, I know we are ahead of UCF in terms of football.  We are ahead of pretty much better than any Non BCS teams outside of the few successful ones like Boise St, Utah, and TCU. 

Below is me copying and pastying NyUsfBulls post on USF’s record against BCS opponents when we were in the Big East

From 2005, we played Penn State, Miami, NCSU (all losses) and a full slate of Big East teams

W/L  Date  Opponent  Location

L  9/9/2000  Kentucky  Lexington, KY

L  9/23/2000  Baylor (TX)  Waco, TX

W  10/28/2000  Connecticut  Storrs, CT

W  9/8/2001  Pittsburgh (PA)  Pittsburgh, PA

L  10/6/2001  Utah  Salt Lake City, UT

W  10/13/2001  Connecticut  Tampa, FL

L  9/14/2002  Arkansas  Little Rock, AR

L  9/28/2002  Oklahoma  Norman, OK

L  8/30/2003  Alabama  Birmingham, AL

W  9/27/2003  Army (NY)  West Point, NY

W  10/4/2003  Louisville (KY)  Tampa, FL

L  10/10/2003  Texas Christian  Tampa, FL

W  10/31/2003  Cincinnati (OH)  Tampa, FL

L  9/18/2004  South Carolina  Columbia, SC

W  9/25/2004  Texas Christian  Fort Worth, TX

L  10/16/2004  Army (NY)  Tampa, FL

L  10/22/2004  Louisville (KY)  Louisville, KY

L  11/20/2004  Cincinnati (OH)  Cincinnati, OH

L  12/4/2004  Pittsburgh (PA)  Tampa, FL

Goose, I really had to snarfle when you suggested that "I always mention UCF because everyone outside of Florida see’s UCF and USF in the same light". Yeah does that "everyone " include the people who know that UCF has only beaten 2 BCS conference teams in it's history? Do they remember UCF's "perfect" season 0f 2004. Do they remember that UCF never beat USF head-to-head? Do they know that UCF keeps whining and begging to get into a BCS conference? Is that the "everyone" you are talking about? Man you are funny.

I think the only way to fairly compare the USF and UCF is to compare UCF with Pre-BCS USF.   USF was 7-12 against BCS teams when they weren’t in a BCS conference.  I guess This that is decent but to be fair...has there been any non BCS team with a winning record against BCS opponents outside of Boise St, Utah, and TCU?   So I think if you continue to throw the same argument toward a UCF fan they have a losing record against BCS opponents ..that is a weak argument ...I think you might do a better job of just saying they're record against winning team is poor versus the BCS record.   Like I said in many post, I know we are ahead of UCF in terms of football.  We are ahead of pretty much better than any Non BCS teams outside of the few successful ones like Boise St, Utah, and TCU.   

Below is me copying and pastying NyUsfBulls post on USF’s record against BCS opponents when we were in the Big East

From 2005, we played Penn State, Miami, NCSU (all losses) and a full slate of Big East teams

W/L   Date   Opponent   Location

L   9/9/2000   Kentucky   Lexington, KY

L   9/23/2000   Baylor (TX)   Waco, TX

W   10/28/2000   Connecticut   Storrs, CT

W   9/8/2001   Pittsburgh (PA)   Pittsburgh, PA

L   10/6/2001   Utah   Salt Lake City, UT

W   10/13/2001   Connecticut   Tampa, FL

L   9/14/2002   Arkansas   Little Rock, AR

L   9/28/2002   Oklahoma   Norman, OK

L   8/30/2003   Alabama   Birmingham, AL

W   9/27/2003   Army (NY)   West Point, NY

W   10/4/2003   Louisville (KY)   Tampa, FL

L   10/10/2003   Texas Christian   Tampa, FL

W   10/31/2003   Cincinnati (OH)   Tampa, FL

L   9/18/2004   South Carolina   Columbia, SC

W   9/25/2004   Texas Christian   Fort Worth, TX

L   10/16/2004   Army (NY)   Tampa, FL

L   10/22/2004   Louisville (KY)   Louisville, KY

L   11/20/2004   Cincinnati (OH)   Cincinnati, OH

L   12/4/2004   Pittsburgh (PA)   Tampa, FL

That record is skewed because some of those BCS teams we beat weren't BCS when we played them (UConn, Lousville, and I'm not sure about Cincinnatti).  So point being, majority teams that aren't in the BCS probably has a losing record against BCS opponents.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Have to agree a LARGE majority of goose's posts have a pro UCF vibe to them. 

Maybe that's just me

I'll cosign this too.....

Add me to the list.... Goose just put on your black and gold already... the joke is getting old.   ::)

Nah. If you look at my 151 posts.  I only probably initiated a talk about UCF like 3 times.  Once we created a thread about how How can USF get rid of it's commuter image.  I brought up a few different strips (Florida's University Avenue, FSU Tally's street, and UCF bars surrounding the perimeter of their campus).  I created another thread about Villanova Academic Board voting no on joining the Big East conference.  Outside of that, 99% of the time I bring up UCF because redfisher78 will come out of no to to argue with me. I'll make a post about a recruit that USF might pick up and than he will just make a smart ass remark about why do you care about USF recruits when you go to UCF.  I wouldn't waste my time on a USF forum if that is the case.    So I think that people hate UCF so much on this board that if I bring up the school once or twice .. redfisther78 will come out of no where.  I doubt I would get that same response if I brung up Miami, Florida, or FSU.     

UCFGoose, Out of almost 900 or so posts, I have initiated a conversation about UCF, like zero times. About the same number of times I have mentioned FIU, FAU and FAMU. They all carry about the same amount of weight to me. Your comparisons are ridiculous and match the tenor of those morons in Mickeyland.

I tried to edit my last post but couldn't.. Here is the post:

That record is skewed because some of those BCS teams we beat weren't BCS when we played them (UConn, Lousville, TCU and I'm not sure about Cincinnatti).   So we had 2 wins against BCS teams when when were NOT in a BCS conference (Pittsburgh and Army).   So point being, majority teams that aren't in the BCS probably has a losing record against BCS opponents.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,957
  • Days Won:  436

Goose, i really don't think you're part of a UCF sleeper cell (unless you're really really clever and that's doubtful if you really are a Kanigit fan))  but I can see why some would get that impression ... Here are a few examples:

USF has never known anything different (well the sombero). So its tough to say whether the atmosphere would be different.

I think what Herbstreit was referring to was the lack of a big game atmosphere.

Ive talked to several Canes friends/fans who have an Orange Bowl hangover and hate Joe Robbie.

I'll also agree when it's not a big game at RJS, the environment is quite corporate and sterile, but what can we do? For big games? I think that all goes away.

Yeah I agree.  I just hope this well help persuade people that an OCS is the way to go for USF.  Even a program as tradition rich as Miami can be hurt by playing at a  Pro Stadium that is 17 miles from their campus.  ..Look UCF is stealing a lot of Miami recruits.  They stoled Gofffey from Miami and a few of his classmates... It makes sense.. where do you think a recruit would rather play.. in corporate...no-atmospher pro stadium ..or one of the Swamp, Doak...hell even UCF has 40,000 screaming fans ..

These next two were 4 pages into a thread where nobody had mentioned UCF:

I don't get how some of you are saying Holtz needs to get his players as if there's nothing here for him to work with?  Our recruiting has improved year after year.  By definition, that implies the roster this year is better than any year prior.

Better?    The last time we had a good recruiting class was 2009.  (25th by scout)  The last 2 years ...its been terrible...like our class was ranked over 50th.  UCF has had higher ranked class than us the last 2 years

Well in 2010.ucf.and they currently do now...Hopefully Holtz is a strong finisher...because right now UCF has a higher ranked class..I just hope we can get within the top 35

Two more 5 pages in where UCF wasn't really a topic:

I think the reason these threads get started so much is because die hard USF get irritated when these things happen.  We try to ignore it but than I listen to JP Peterson (who is an USF homer) blast USF students for not going to the game.  He went on a 10 minute rant on what do students have to do the next day.  Than I read how UCF had 10 more thousand than we did on their Wednesday night game.  They are in non AQ and their school spirit easily out does ours.  Despite how convincing the argument is, you will always fine a usf fan that makes an excuse for fans not showing up.  Someone will say that all fans are fairweather.  Every fan base has its share of fairweather fans but it seems these schools have a smaller percentage of them versus their hardcore fan base.  UCF has mediocrity seasons till this year and their average attendance in all sports surpasses ours.  I will always support USF but I do know why these threads get started almost every week.  It wont stop till we get a consistent 35 k (despite our record)

I do agree with you on the on campus stadium is probably the biggest reason for their school spirit.  I'm hoping UCF does get invited to the Big East because I feel that will pressure USF to do the same once they realize UCF will begin to surpass us when it comes to recruiting students and athletes.  USF only has the upper hand because we are in a BCS conference and they do not.

That took only a few minutes of searching just a small portion of your posts .... I'm sure you can see where the conclusion is being drawn from.  8-)

Have to agree a LARGE majority of goose's posts have a pro UCF vibe to them. 

Maybe that's just me

I'll cosign this too.....

Add me to the list.... Goose just put on your black and gold already... the joke is getting old.   ::)

Nah. If you look at my 151 posts.  I only probably initiated a talk about UCF like 3 times.  Once we created a thread about how How can USF get rid of it's commuter image.  I brought up a few different strips (Florida's University Avenue, FSU Tally's street, and UCF bars surrounding the perimeter of their campus).  I created another thread about Villanova Academic Board voting no on joining the Big East conference.  Outside of that, 99% of the time I bring up UCF because redfisher78 will come out of no to to argue with me. I'll make a post about a recruit that USF might pick up and than he will just make a smart *** remark about why do you care about USF recruits when you go to UCF.  I wouldn't waste my time on a USF forum if that is the case.    So I think that people hate UCF so much on this board that if I bring up the school once or twice .. redfisther78 will come out of no where.  I doubt I would get that same response if I brung up Miami, Florida, or FSU.     

UCFGoose, Out of almost 900 or so posts, I have initiated a conversation about UCF, like zero times. About the same number of times I have mentioned FIU, FAU and FAMU. They all carry about the same amount of weight to me. Your comparisons are ridiculous and match the tenor of those morons in Mickeyland.

Ha ha .. I'll bring up FAU .. ha ha..  FAU is an up and comer and they have a village.  I can swap UCF for FAU. 

Goose, i really don't think you're part of a UCF sleeper cell (unless you're really really clever and that's doubtful if you really are a Kanigit fan))  but I can see why some would get that impression ... Here are a few examples:

USF has never known anything different (well the sombero). So its tough to say whether the atmosphere would be different.

I think what Herbstreit was referring to was the lack of a big game atmosphere.

Ive talked to several Canes friends/fans who have an Orange Bowl hangover and hate Joe Robbie.

I'll also agree when it's not a big game at RJS, the environment is quite corporate and sterile, but what can we do? For big games? I think that all goes away.

Yeah I agree.  I just hope this well help persuade people that an OCS is the way to go for USF.  Even a program as tradition rich as Miami can be hurt by playing at a  Pro Stadium that is 17 miles from their campus.  ..Look UCF is stealing a lot of Miami recruits.   They stoled Gofffey from Miami and a few of his classmates... It makes sense.. where do you think a recruit would rather play.. in corporate...no-atmospher pro stadium ..or one of the Swamp, Doak...hell even UCF has 40,000 screaming fans ..

These next two were 4 pages into a thread where nobody had mentioned UCF:

I don't get how some of you are saying Holtz needs to get his players as if there's nothing here for him to work with?  Our recruiting has improved year after year.  By definition, that implies the roster this year is better than any year prior.

Better?    The last time we had a good recruiting class was 2009.  (25th by scout)  The last 2 years ...its been terrible...like our class was ranked over 50th.  UCF has had higher ranked class than us the last 2 years

Well in 2010.ucf.and they currently do now...Hopefully Holtz is a strong finisher...because right now UCF has a higher ranked class..I just hope we can get within the top 35

Two more 5 pages in where UCF wasn't really a topic:

I think the reason these threads get started so much is because die hard USF get irritated when these things happen.   We try to ignore it but than I listen to JP Peterson (who is an USF homer) blast USF students for not going to the game.   He went on a 10 minute rant on what do students have to do the next day.  Than I read how UCF had 10 more thousand than we did on their Wednesday night game.   They are in non AQ and their school spirit easily out does ours.   Despite how convincing the argument is, you will always fine a usf fan that makes an excuse for fans not showing up.  Someone will say that all fans are fairweather.   Every fan base has its share of fairweather fans but it seems these schools have a smaller percentage of them versus their hardcore fan base.  UCF has mediocrity seasons till this year and their average attendance in all sports surpasses ours.   I will always support USF but I do know why these threads get started almost every week.  It wont stop till we get a consistent 35 k (despite our record)

I do agree with you on the on campus stadium is probably the biggest reason for their school spirit.  I'm hoping UCF does get invited to the Big East because I feel that will pressure USF to do the same once they realize UCF will begin to surpass us when it comes to recruiting students and athletes.  USF only has the upper hand because we are in a BCS conference and they do not.

That took only a few minutes of searching just a small portion of your posts .... I'm sure you can see where the conclusion is being drawn from.   8-)

Thanks.  I guess I argue with a lot of UCF fans and if I can't think of a good come back.. I'm like ****.. you have a point. USF should do something similiar.    I than bring it it on this forum which I guess I have found out is a bad idea.    I guess from now on, I should keep those arguments between me and the UCF guys I know. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

OK, in an effort to regain my stature, I think all of the USF female cheerleaders are ......really ugly. There.....that should ramp up thre anger.

Have a safe New Year everyone. Off to Memphis of hopes that half of the UGA defense gets  a RAGING case of the flu ( oh...Green the WR as well) the  morning of the Liberty Bowl....and that those huge D line guys do not break Jeff Godfrey in half.

Happy New Year

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

don't sweat it goose, knowing anything about ucf on this board is considered treason, and doing anything other than trolling the ucf board is unacceptable. facts and logical discussion are for the birds. i was called a ucf sympathizer/fan/spy/etc too once, because i happened to actually attend ucf before coming to usf, so i still happen to follow them and wish them the best.

regardless, i sadly think that usf fans will be mimicking that video next week. i see a competitive game and i surely hope we don't bonehead ourselves bc i will surely be 'that guy' inside my head if we do that.