Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,043
  • Days Won:  0

Folks, what we are witnessing is the long awaited rise of UCF football.  Nothing more nor less.

Carry on. 8-)

You basically got a group of friends who went to the same high schools and valued early playing time more than competing for a BCS bowl game. It'll be interesting to see how many don't qualify academically...

::)Sorry, but it was the entire package.  Facilities, academics, Marcus Jordan, etc, etc. ;D

PS: Central's coach says everyone in Miami now wants to come to UCF, particularly his juniors. Sorry all. :shhh

Rest assured playing time was the overall most important factor. Otherwise they would have gone to bigger schools. :KoolAid

Academics.  :D You better hope Reese gets his head in the books or he will be shafted by the NCAA...

And I believe you got stomped twice. UCiF scored a garbage TD in mop up duty to make the first game appear closer than it was.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

USF is up to 64 now on Rivals and they still don't have our entire class.

up to?

not very good

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza, you realy have no idea how the rankings work do you?  It's almost as much about quantity as it is quality.  We had 19 signees compared to 26-30.  Our ranking would be much higher with 7 more three-star recruits.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

The fact of the matter is...UCF's recruiting is better than half of the Big East this year (including USF) in rankings, period.  You can't shrug that off knowing that if UCF can recruit with USF or even rank higher with a non-BCS conference tag...just imagine what it'd be like for UCF with one?  Scary thought...for USF. 

Not scared at all do it in a year where our program isn't in turmoil and you'll at least start to get my attention.  Skip is going to do big things with the 2011 class. 

Funny how this "excuse" was never used when OUR program was in "turmoil".  Hmmmmm....

The fact of the matter is...UCF's recruiting is better than half of the Big East this year (including USF) in rankings, period.  You can't shrug that off knowing that if UCF can recruit with USF or even rank higher with a non-BCS conference tag...just imagine what it'd be like for UCF with one?  Scary thought...for USF. 

Not sure how many times this has to be pointed out to get it through your thick head but the important criteria as high as we are is average star. You're 3rd in your own conference in that category and would be 6th in the BE .... and stop with the "imagine" stuff. It's just like saying "What IF?". If you want to play the assclown, at least wait until you DO get the BCS tag.

Not really sure average star could be used here either.  Your two 4 star guys mean more since you signed less kids.

In the end, UCF is VERY happy with our class this year.  Yes, it is ranked ahead of yours by quite a ways.  Were it the other way around, Trip would be on here bragging like crazy.

We are ranked ahead of many BE teams as we should be.  There is a TON of talent on this 2010 class.

it financially benefits ftu/ou/oc to join big east and if usf doesnt oppose it

the state should reward usf

a win win

The way things seem to be shaping up, it doesn't appear USF will have a REAL opportunity to have a voice.  However, if USF did have a voice, I am positive they would be FOR us joiining the conference.

The "points" system they use is screwy.

Here they are based on average star (per rivals).

UF: 3.89

FSU: 3.48

Miami: 3.07

USF: 2.88

UCF: 2.75

FIU: 2.56

FAU: 1.73

In other words, I only use data that supports my cause!  :)  :):D

Laughable

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Not sure how many times this has to be pointed out to get it through your thick head but the important criteria as high as we are is average star. You're 3rd in your own conference in that category and would be 6th in the BE .... and stop with the "imagine" stuff. It's just like saying "What IF?". If you want to play the assclown, at least wait until you DO get the BCS tag.

Not really sure average star could be used here either.  Your two 4 star guys mean more since you signed less kids.

Good, we agree that trying to prove which class is better, since we're so close together, is pretty much impossible ...

In the end, UCF is VERY happy with our class this year

You should be, it's a good class .... even though it is 3rd in your conference.

Yes, it is ranked ahead of yours by quite a ways

I wouldn't call 6 spots "quite a ways' but if it makes you feel better, go for it...

Were it the other way around, Trip would be on here bragging like crazy.

LOL, the next time I preemptively spout off about something as subjective as a recruiting class will be the first.

Welcome back, Mav. I guess this moral victory has you feeling kind of feisty again ...  :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

The "points" system they use is screwy.

Here they are based on average star (per rivals).

UF: 3.89

FSU: 3.48

Miami: 3.07

USF: 2.88

UCF: 2.75

FIU: 2.56

FAU: 1.73

In other words, I only use data that supports my cause!  :)   :):D

Laughable

So you don't use data that DOESN'T support your cause ..... That would explain why you haven't been around for a long, long time.

Good, we agree that trying to prove which class is better, since we're so close together, is pretty much impossible ...

In the end, UCF is VERY happy with our class this year

You should be, it's a good class .... even though it is 3rd in your conference.

Yes, it is ranked ahead of yours by quite a ways

I wouldn't call 6 spots "quite a ways' but if it makes you feel better, go for it...

Were it the other way around, Trip would be on here bragging like crazy.

LOL, the next time I preemptively spout off about something as subjective as a recruiting class will be the first.

Welcome back, Mav. I guess this moral victory has you feeling kind of feisty again ...  :D

Ther is no "winning" here so not sure of the moral victory reference.  My post was simply to show the hypocrasy so prevelant from Heifers on this board.  And most of the reason I don't come here anymore.

I just find it interesting to come over here to witness it every now and then.

In the end, UCF's recruiting class is better (according to Rivals) than 5 other BE teams.  You only have 8 teams in the league so our ranking puts us on par with many of the programs in the league THIS YEAR!  That was the point.

We have not beaten any of those teams on the field.  If we trust Rivals knows what they are doing, and I do have some faith in their abilities, we should be seeing the play ON the field match the recruiting class rankings very soon.  But again, UCF is doing this without the benefit of having a BCS tag to sell.  Now, they may be selling a kid on the possibility.  But that is still just a possibility.

If not, more changes will have to be made.

You know you would like it if I came back Trip.  Admit it!  ;D