Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

First let me say that I purposely did not add the "no expansion planned" next to Louisville because I know they are expanding.  Cincy has had drawing made up, but those drawings are three years old and there is ZERO plans to expand at this time.  Rutgers dug a hole and put the entire expansion on hold, and from what I have heard from one of their board members who is a very good friend of mine, there is no time line to begin the construction.  I love how you say that UCONN's stadium is expandable, well most stadiums are expandable, even UCF's.  Now consider that UCONN avereaged 39,331 which was less than UCF, not sure why you think they would be expanding that stadium any time soon. 

As to your hoops reference, first let me say that I hardly doubt the Big East mandates a 10,000 seat arena considering that USF can't get real bodies over 3,000 for 99% of their games.  And I am being very generous giving USF 3,000.  Also, IF UCF was ever using the Orlando arena as a possible home, then it was because UCF was playing in a 5,000 seat gym, not the state of the art real basketball arena they have today.  An arena that 90% of the NCAA schools would love to have on campus, even your beloved bulls. 

UCF is expanding their stadium, but it won't because the Big East says it is a requirement, it will because there will be demand for those seats.  The Big east has enough teams playing in half empty stadiums, it does not look good for TV.

RU's construction has already begun, so better talk to your buddy again.  The Cinci expansion is on hold, much like our sundome improvements....it doesn't mean Cinci doesn't want to expand, or plan to expand, or that the BE wouldn't like them to expand...they just can't given the present circumstances.

Uconn's stadium has two end zone sections that can add the additional 10k seats, it actually holds a touch over 40k, but it has end zone sections like Ray  Jay that can be put on without interferring with current operations.  THe biggest hurdle for them was parking...they really didn't have enough to support what was already there...recently some acreage opened up and was provided for a parking structure.  Once that is completed it is believed the expansion plans will begin.

ToeJam, I know who you are, and you're pathetic inferiority complex is ridiculous.  You have no idea what your talking about, purely speculating on it because you feel like I 'dissed' your athletic department.  Yes, USF has only sold 1000 for some hoops games, but we've also put 7-9k in for teams like Uconn, UL, and Syracuse.  They want a bigger stadium for obvious reasons...duh, duh, duh.  If you are so narrowminded then that's fine, but the idea is for big time television, and promotional games.  Hell USF is even playing games in the Forum...trust me, if UCF came to the BE they would be required to play a few games in the Magic Arena.

I've seen your hoops deal, and it's very pretty, it's not that envious by a long-shot, and to suggest such just further amplifies your inferiority issues.  It's still only seating like 8,000 total, and thus the BE would request that you play some games, perhaps TV games, in a larger Arena.

At this point I really don't care if you agree.  This is something USF has had to deal with, and it's clear that all the other schools work at it too.  All the BE schools with smaller arenas play games in larger ones, like TD Waterhouse, Wachovia, Madison Square Gardens....for big games.

I know UCF is going to expand their totally awesome stadium, because even though your season tixs have dropped almost 30% since the first year...everything is so awesome, and everyone loves UCF...and their facilities are the epitome of awesomeness...and only the brightest and best go to UCF>

I've heard all your BS before toejam, now isn't their a smack board you should be at,, and allow reasonable fans like Chad and I to talk?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Rutgers dug a hole and put the entire expansion on hold, and from what I have heard from one of their board members who is a very good friend of mine, there is no time line to begin the construction.

With approximately 7,000 to 9,000 football season ticket packages available to the public starting Tuesday, Rutgers has released an official capacity for newly-expanded Rutgers Stadium: A sellout this fall will now be 52,454.

The new number is the result of adding 11,000 seats in the south end zone. Coach Greg Schiano promised at his annual charity golf outing on Monday that the construction will be completed in time for the Sept. 7 opener against Cincinnati.

Capacity had been listed at 54,000 in the spring football prospectus. It was listed as 42,500 in last year's Big East football media guide.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/06/expanded_rutgers_stadiums_offi.html

From what I have heard, USF has yet to crack the 20,000 season ticket mark this year and as of today, USF season ticket sales are down 28% from last year.

TAMPA - Whether because of a struggling economy or a home schedule featuring two Division I-AA opponents, season ticket sales for the University of South Florida are down 18.6 percent compared to last year's record total.

With the regular season less than two months away, USF has distributed 22,697 season tickets through Thursday, the school announced.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jul/09/100115/season-ticket-sales-down-usf-football/sports-colleges-bulls/

Obviously, you're just one of the ghosts of the past UCFers who would come on here and just throw out total erroneous bs to stir up **** ...

Well Triple, I guess when you boy is getting his ass kicked, you need to move the thread.

LOL ... the only ones i see getting their ass kicked are you and your imaginary Rutgers board member "friend"... and I didn't move the entire thread, Einstein, just the retarded smack talk you initiated.

But here are the FACTS:

USF sells their season tickets for as low as $50.  USF makes little to no money on these ticket packages due to the TSA taking a percentage of those sales.  Add in administrative and printing costs and USF makes next to nothing, so when Bull08 starts throwing other schools under the bus for not selling as many tickets, she/he needs to understand the differnence as to why.  Also, USF has sold 19,483  as of now, last year they sold over 27,000.  That is a difference of 7,517 or 28%, not sure where you learned your new math.

I love how you use the term DISTRIBUTED, instead of the number they released as sold.  You make a great used car salesman.

Even as a UCFer I can't believe you are this ******* clueless. First of all, it wasn't MY use of the term distributed, it was Brett's. I forgot to put the link, since corrected, but anyone with an ounce of common sense sees the "Tampa" dateline, bold and italics and realizes it came from another source, just like the Rutgers reference right above it was ... and as far as your over 27,000 season tickets SOLD last year? More ******** .... Read the article I linked up there, enlighten yourself ... and as far as YOUR new math? GIGO ...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

111 pages, wow...now that fall is getting a little closer and I know many Bull fans will miss our series(u won't admit it), it was a lot of fun for the fans and one of those rivalries that everyone knew someone else from the other institution which won't be the case with Rutgers, not sure about the demographic of this message board but most students/recent alumns probably enjoyed it more than usf alumni that are say 35 or older ;D

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,042

wow, toejam, you couldn't even bother to google the words "rutgers stadium expansion"

http://www.scarletknights.com/stadium/

^that's the first link that appears and it took me 5 seconds to find it.... they're expanding to 54K

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042408aaa.html

louisville expanding to 60K^^

how dumb can you be, seriously. :Duh

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

Did anyone see the guy on Big Brother wearing the USF gear?

How smokes, ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO

^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Well Triple, I guess when you boy is getting his *** kicked, you need to move the thread.  But here are the FACTS:

USF sells their season tickets for as low as $50.  USF makes little to no money on these ticket packages due to the TSA taking a percentage of those sales.  Add in administrative and printing costs and USF makes next to nothing, so when Bull08 starts throwing other schools under the bus for not selling as many tickets, she/he needs to understand the differnence as to why.  Also, USF has sold 19,483  as of now, last year they sold over 27,000.  That is a difference of 7,517 or 28%, not sure where you learned your new math.

I love how you use the term DISTRIBUTED, instead of the number they released as sold.  You make a great used car salesman.

Seems to me that you're the only one who is getting their ass kicked. You know nothing of the "facts".

Here are some "facts" for you; TSA takes ZERO $$$ from any tickets sales. USF has a $15 order fee to cover the printing and shipping costs of season tickets, so we don't lose money on the $50 seats (hard to see why you knock that when the country is in a recession and that Tampa area has a high unemployment rate right now, but business sense hasn't seemed to be one of UCF's strong suits). 27,000 tickets were not sold last season. 27,000 was the total distributed when you ADD in player family comps, sponsor comps, tickets as part of trade and the like.

Triple B pretty much stated that above already, but you still seem pretty clueless. Keep in mind that July and August are the prime selling months for season tickets sales, so the number will go up.

How about posting a link where UCF season ticket sales are right now? I'd have to think you're feeling the pinch just as much as everyone else is.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Not to exceed $2.50 a ticket. That's where the $15 order fee comes in to play on season tickets. When you factor in ticketmaster surcharges on individual tickets, that pretty much covers the $2.50 per ticket.

As far as the upper level goes, yes, I am aware USF pays to staff the upper levels. This is why USF sells out one side of the upper level before opening another.

I do expect season ticket sales will be down over last year, but it will not be as bad as the Tribune article seems to think. USF also has a pretty attractive home schedule once September passes, so individual sales and group sales should be up over last season.

Whomever tried to bash the UCF ticket sales shouldn't be going down that road because this is an economic pinch that we are both facing.

Not to exceed $2.50 a ticket. That's where the $15 order fee comes in to play on season tickets. When you factor in ticketmaster surcharges on individual tickets, that pretty much covers the $2.50 per ticket.

Won't the Ticketmaster surcharges go to Ticketmaster? ..... or are you saying there will be a surcharge over and above TM's that will specifically cover the TSA surcharge?

Fair enough.

What's fair enough?

I do think you are wrong with the $2.50.  The Trib said it was on all tickets sold, a surcharge to say.

The $2.50 was from your article, also .... and I don't see where Flip said it WASN'T on all tickets sold.