Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

A Plead....(well I don't care that much....so let's call it a friendly request without a tip attached to the wedding singer)

Please pay no attention to UCFChad / SadUCFKnight / LateKnightBuzz

We've had our trolls before/still do (Sir Galahad/Knight_Light/etc)  but I don't think we've ever had a character so crazy that he was banished multiple times from the UCF boards only to come on here for SOCIAL ATTACHMENT!

Let's UNITE for once and ignore this guy (since we can't ban him).

If for nothing else - but to save yourself the dignity to know that you didn't get involved with a 3-4 page thread started by a dude that used a 1 liner only because he couldn't wait to get back in bed with his inflatable girlfriend.

Knight out!

We are, and always have been, a home for wayward trolls (see K_L, Phil, smazza, flsportsfan83, et al). I look at it as doing a favor for society and keeping these types occupied and off the streets... Chad is more than welcome here ... In fact, we even have a custom thread for him (I'm sure Randy doesn't mind sharing).

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

yea i also thought that line about the APR was interesting.   i dont know what to make of it yet.  on one hand its nice that the university is so concerned by the low score that they are taking steps to help it but on the other...it seems unfair to withhold releases for that reason.

Since USF already had the 3rd lowest Basketball APR in the nation amongst BCS schools, no doubt Heath and Woolard are watching every movement...as if USF doesn't improve up to the necessary level next year (at or close to 925), USF will lose basketball scholarships.

Here were the 10 lowest Basketball APR Scores:

1. Indiana 866

2. Iowa State 877

3. USF 878

4. Arkansas 888

5. Auburn 899

6. Colorado 900

Tie. Kansas State 900

Tie. Purdue 900

9. Cincinnati 902

10. USC 906

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Espinosa has no effect on next year's score.  His would effect the score in 3 more years, if he doesn't graduate. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Espinosa has no effect on next year's score.  His would effect the score in 3 more years, if he doesn't graduate. 

Well, if he goes to Marshall, as is being speculated, one would hope that Espinosa wouldn't have any issues graduating. Marshall isn't really known for their strong academics.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,042

Espinosa reportedly has a 2.6 gpa and will leave USF in good academic standing. Once he is gone to another school, I don't believe we are responsible for graduating him. We can only manage our own students. At least I think that's how the new rules work.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

http://twitter.com/sasbmj

What say you, sir? ;D

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

uh, he drank the punch too?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

uh, he drank the punch too?

Zero,

You boys coming down to BrightHouse this fall to see your new rival, Miami play us?  It will be Miami fan fail all over the place.  You all can see what a great job your AD did by inking a series with their fan fail crew.

:KoolAid

• Topic Count:  2,697
  • Content Count:  6,929

Sooooo UCiF, how is C-DOA working out for you?

East Carolina Pirates look like C-USA's best in '09

By Phil Stukenborg

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

As you'll notice in this Conference USA football column, there is a predicted order of finish for the league's East and West Divisions.

More on that in the next few paragraphs.

My colleague -- veteran Southeastern Conference reporter Ron Higgins -- refused to take a guess at the fall finishes in his SEC post-spring analysis last week. He said there were too many factors that could alter the race between now and the first week of August.

While C-USA could have its share of player dismissals, defections and off-season incidents during the same time frame, I'm going to take a run at early predictions, anyway. What's the fun of this exercise if you can't set yourself up for ridicule in late November? Or today?

And, maybe, this will give Geoff & Gary, or George & Dave, or Dave & Stats or Greg & Eli or Verno something to discuss during what normally is a slow, slow time of the year for sports talk in the Mid-South.

C-USA East: 1. East Carolina, 2. Southern Miss, 3. Memphis, 4. Marshall, 5. UAB, 6. UCF

Here's why I like East Carolina to repeat: The Pirates were first in C-USA last season in total defense and they return eight starters, among them, arguably, the league's top defensive prospect in end C.J. Wilson. Wilson, projected by some outlets as C-USA's first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, had 18.5 tackles for loss a year ago and 10.5 sacks.

Not only is Wilson (6-4, 271) a force on the ECU defensive front, so is tackle Jay Ross. Ross (6-3, 306) had 9.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks and 4 quarterback hurries in 2008. And the ECU secondary returns three starters, including another NFL prospect in safety Van Eskridge, who had four of the team's league-high 22 picks.

Offensively, eight starters are back, too, led by quarterback Patrick Pinkney, who was granted a sixth year of eligibility earlier this spring by the NCAA.

''There is a lot of talent on this football team ... as much as we've ever had,'' said ECU coach Skip Holtz after the spring game.

The teams most likely to put pressure on the Pirates will be Southern Miss and Southeastern Conference transfer-enhanced Memphis.

Southern Miss returns two offensive player-of-the-year candidates: three-time 1,000-yard back Damion Fletcher and 1,000-yard receiver DeAndre Brown. Neither participated in the spring, Fletcher sidelined by an off-the-field incident (he shot a gun in the air outside his Hattiesburg, Miss., apartment) and Brown by a broken leg suffered in the New Orleans Bowl.

The Tigers' spring game showcased the speed, aggressiveness and athleticism of the transfers, notably defensive MVP DeRon Furr. Furr, who left Auburn last summer, returned an interception 54 yards for a touchdown. Mississippi State transfer linebacker Jamon Hughes also stood out. Memphis sneaks into the mix depending on the play it gets from its starting quarterback and how it fares in late-season road games against West Division favorites Houston and Tulsa. Speaking of which ...

C-USA West: 1. Houston, 2. Tulsa, 3. UTEP, 4. Tulane, 5. SMU, 6. Rice.

Houston is the clear-cut favorite. The Cougars return quarterback Case Keenum, the league's offensive player of the year. Keenum passed for 5,020 yards and 44 touchdowns, numbers surpassed only slightly by Texas Tech's Graham Harrell. In addition to Keenum, the Cougars return 1,000-yard back Bryce Beall, the league's No. 3 rusher.

Where Houston could falter is defensively. Only four starters are back from a unit that ranked seventh in C-USA. If Houston has trouble there, Tulsa will be positioned to win the West a third-straight time.

There's no one else in this division -- outside of possibly UTEP -- to give Houston and Tulsa a challenge. Rice, UTEP, Tulane and SMU ranked 9, 10, 11 and 12 in rushing defense in '08.

© 2009 Scripps Newspaper Group — Online

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/apr/29/east-carolina-pirates-look-like-cusas-best-in-09/?printer=1/

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

He writes with the typical communication skills of a UCF student...