TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Dmince, I second that. Frey certainly put in his time here. [glow=red,2,300]He's as much a Bull as any of us.[/glow]

Not anymore.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Sitting Bull, I thought everyone was nostalic for ex-coaches wearing the enemies colors.  The only true loyal USF coach is Leavitt - he has turned down more than double the salary for USF.  Stuck with us through thick and thin - that's loyalty.  Taking a better payday after our first very good season by moving laterally to a conference foe is not loyalty - it is getting a bigger payday (Hellow Rich Rodriguez) which they are all allowed to do.  If my wife left tomorrow because a suitor with a larger wallet came along - I would not catergorize her as loyal, even though we've been married for 19 years now.  I'd use many words to describe her but loyal wouldn't be one them  ;D ;D

• Content Count:  1,370

You're right, Frey's a disloyal pig who ran for the money. Even though Bobby Bowden's been at FSU for 31 years, I guess he must also be a disloyal person because he left West Virginia (which, at the time, was a lateral move). Nevermind.  ::)

I know Frey, he put in more work than any other USF assistant coach. Leavitt is very difficult to work for...he works you to death and shows zero appreciation. This obviously wore on Greg.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,804
  • Days Won:  213

ther eis being loyal and then there is never davancing your career. If you have plans to move up the coaching food chain, it is imperative to occasionally move to another coaching position at another school. YOu get a new perspective on things-- you learn new things-- you make more contacts.

CJL is loyal to USF. But he also made career choices along the way to build up to this position. Had he never left his first coaching job or the next or the next-- he would never have been qualified for the USF HC job-- even though it was in it's infancy.

My take on coaches who move on focuses on what they contributed while they were here. Unlike a marriage where you vow to be loyal to a single entity for the rest of your life, this is a job. Now if you haven't changed jobs in the past 19 years I might be able to see your point. But this is a man's career-- and he did as much growing as he was going to do at USF. That he ended up on WVU staff is not a slap in the face or some traitor activity. It sure didn't help WVU beat us. He might have been able to go to a different school in a different conference. No one would have blinked an eye if he went to his alma mater at FSU.

Bottom line-- Frey is a good guy who worked his butt off for USF and helped build our program. How about showing some appreciation for those years of service at less than average assistant coach salary?

ther eis being loyal and then there is never davancing your career. If you have plans to move up the coaching food chain, it is imperative to occasionally move to another coaching position at another school. YOu get a new perspective on things-- you learn new things-- you make more contacts.

CJL is loyal to USF. But he also made career choices along the way to build up to this position. Had he never left his first coaching job or the next or the next-- he would never have been qualified for the USF HC job-- even though it was in it's infancy.

My take on coaches who move on focuses on what they contributed while they were here. Unlike a marriage where you vow to be loyal to a single entity for the rest of your life, this is a job. Now if you haven't changed jobs in the past 19 years I might be able to see your point. But this is a man's career-- and he did as much growing as he was going to do at USF. That he ended up on WVU staff is not a slap in the face or some traitor activity. It sure didn't help WVU beat us. He might have been able to go to a different school in a different conference. No one would have blinked an eye if he went to his alma mater at FSU.

Bottom line-- Frey is a good guy who worked his butt off for USF and helped build our program. How about showing some appreciation for those years of service at less than average assistant coach salary?

Nobody is blaming them for changing jobs, just saying quit drooling over them.  When they visit a recruit, they tell them to play somewhere other than @ USF.................so SCREW EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is blaming them for changing jobs, just saying quit drooling over them.  When they visit a recruit, they tell them to play somewhere other than @ USF.................so SCREW EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually that was HBryan's main complaint-- no loyalty.

I'm not drooling over any coach.

When they visit a recruit, they better tell the recruit to play for their school. I doubt they would bother mentioning USF. Now if you have some actual proof that they have told recruits to go to "play somewhere other than @ USF" as in anywhere but USF (even it isn't their specific school)--- I would love to see it.

Otherwise you are talking out your ass about negative recruiting with zero examples to back that crap up. Many recruiters will negatively recruit if they feel that can get a recruit to come to their school. Most decent ones avoid that crap-- it is a terribly WEAK way to recruit anything.

otherwise-- lighten the **** up about former coaches from USF. They paid their dues and moved on. It isn't like they quit on us in the middle of the season (Petrino) or lied to us about being here a long time and then jumping ship (Saban). They did their job and moved on.

actually that was HBryan's main complaint-- no loyalty.

I'm not drooling over any coach.

When they visit a recruit, they better tell the recruit to play for their school. I doubt they would bother mentioning USF. Now if you have some actual proof that they have told recruits to go to "play somewhere other than @ USF" as in anywhere but USF (even it isn't their specific school)--- I would love to see it.

Otherwise you are talking out your ass about negative recruiting with zero examples to back that crap up. Many recruiters will negatively recruit if they feel that can get a recruit to come to their school. Most decent ones avoid that crap-- it is a terribly WEAK way to recruit anything.

otherwise-- lighten the **** up about former coaches from USF. They paid their dues and moved on. It isn't like they quit on us in the middle of the season (Petrino) or lied to us about being here a long time and then jumping ship (Saban). They did their job and moved on.

That was my point Mike,  they are recruiting for their school (some place other than USF).

Why wish them luck?  Not you, but others have.

• Content Count:  1,370

Not drooling over any coach either. Just giving credit where it's due.

wishing someone luck is what good sports do. Having met Frey a couple of times-- I wish him good luck in his career wherever that takes him. He's a good guy. I never really met Rod Smith and don't have anything specifically against him. I do wish our fans would stop giving him **** all the time-- especially the fat remarks

Archived