Former USF Coaches/Michigan

Dmince

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

It is good to know that the guys on Rodriguez's staff with Strong USF ties (Magee, Frey), will be coaching at a Michigan, which really is one of the top 5 jobs in the country. Calving Magee is going to be on the radar for an HC job very soon. I think he will be the first guy from Leavitt's coaching tree to get an HC job.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Do we know that Frey is going to Michigan with him? Is Smith the "odd" man out? LOL 

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I've yet to read anything that said Smith or Frey was going to Michigan. I've heard all but three assistants mentioned as possibilities for Ann Arbor, and those are two of those three.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

Memphis?

:)

• Content Count:  2,478

Rodriguez can't get rid of anyone from Michigan's staff for next season. Lloyd Carr had the University sign all the assistants and coordinators one year extensions to guarantee them all a job after he left.

• Content Count:  4,738

Rodriguez can't get rid of anyone from Michigan's staff for next season. Lloyd Carr had the University sign all the assistants and coordinators one year extensions to guarantee them all a job after he left.

he can get rid of all of them.  they just get paid.

Sounds more like Michigan has guaranteed them a PAYCHECK for a year rather than an actual job. I don't think Rodriguez can be forced to accept them as coaches. Either way, Michigan owes them a year's salary, and that is all they can expect.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

It is good to know that the guys on Rodriguez's staff with Strong USF ties (Magee, Frey), will be coaching at a Michigan, which really is one of the top 5 jobs in the country. Calving Magee is going to be on the radar for an HC job very soon. I think he will be the first guy from Leavitt's coaching tree to get an HC job.

you are too sentimental

who cares about these mopes that left and turned their back on usf

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Do we know that Frey is going to Michigan with him? Is Smith the "odd" man out? LOL 

smith should go back to glencity community college

you are too sentimental

who cares about these mopes that left and turned their back on usf

It's not about caring about them, it's about Leavitt.

When all is said and done, there will be many head coaches who got their start under Leavitt, and that will enhance his reputation and that of USF football.

Archived