THAT'S NOT TRUE!  IT'S GARBAGE!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I am so tired of hearing Matt is not 6 feet.... he is 6 foot and 1/2  I really dont like this thread  by the way he is taller than garcia.......    same as breeze  and young.  so by god if he wants to play QB in the NFL he will.

I remmember the talk on here his red shirt year, that alot of you said " he is to small to play D-1 QB"

well all is good for USF and Matt...just keep winning.

legit 4.5

kinda suprized me to see this thread

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If he continues to improve his decision making (worlds better than last year imo) and gains a lil arm strength i can see him getting a shot at QB but the team that takes him would prolly want to try him at some other spots if it didnt work out. 

• Content Count:  22,834
  • Days Won:  53

I am so tired of hearing Matt is not 6 feet.... he is 6 foot and 1/2  I really dont like this thread  by the way he is taller than garcia.......    same as breeze  and young.  so by god if he wants to play QB in the NFL he will.

Matt rules.  He can do whatever he wants.  Run, throw, punt, it doesn't matter (<----The Rock voice).  They should clone him and make an entire pro team out of Matts.  Admittedly, I am a Grothe fanboy so I am a bit biased.

That Garcia comparison is interesting.  As flipflop pointed out, there is a mobile guy who makes good decisions named "Garcia" who has turned the Bucs around.  I watch all the Bucs games (though more of a USF fan) and you can tell the difference this guy has made.  Grothe has really good instincts and is accurate.  Really to me there is not a more exciting player to watch in football right now.  Again, I could be a tad biased there.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Flip, please don't take offense to this thread.  It's like anything else on this site - a bunch of bored people who love their team dearly, talking openly about things that (1) they have no professional opinions to give; (2) they have no personal ties to; (3) do not affect them in a huge way.

When the world comes to an end, it's nothing more than inane babble between crazy idiots.

Personally, I would love to see Matt go for the NFL and tear them up.  I was only stating the above because I could've sworn that I read somewhere that Matt doesn't want to go pro, but would rather teach & coach.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again, Flip!

• Content Count:  635

im sure as much as Grothe loves to coach and teach, he likes playing a lot as well. so i'm sure he'll go try out in the NFL if he's not drafted. hell, i'm about 100% certain that Gruden would give him a chance.

• Content Count:  1,037

its all good, I was sitting talking to Doug Flutie and we talked about some of the same stuff and I will tell you that guy is great!

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry about that Flip.  I just think he could be a good RB or even a pretty good DB in the NFL.  I just think it suits his speed and strength more.

Tell him we all said good luck, if you see him again.

• Content Count:  695

Wow this guy is only a redshirt sophomore and you guys are already righting off his chances at being a starting QB in the NFL just because he isn't tall?  I think he could be a quarterback in the NFL, he needs to improve as a passer of course but he's making great throws this year his wideouts just aren't catching them. Grothe makes good decisions, and that team has been a winner with him as their starter only losing 4 games during his tenure so far.

People aren't saying that Tim Tebow is going to be a safety in the NFL. No, at this point Matt Grothe is not as good as Tim Tebow but he's a similar type of QB and still has plenty of time to develop and catch up to Tebow. I can't believe all of you are already giving up on his as a quarterback, this topic is just completely uncalled for at this current time.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I love the IGNORE feature.

Archived