• Content Count:  66,140
  • Days Won:  172

gotta love being the underdog though.

we are favorites

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0

People need to put down the crack pipe --all the people who are predicting a Rutgers upset.

Rutgers has been exposed, especially by Cincy.

They have no firepower (the bility to score quickly and often). Add that with a weak defense, Rugers is going to get thrashed by the BULLS!

USF, in my mind, is favored by 10 pts going into this game.

usf should win but rutgers is  no patsy

The 2006 Rutgers team could win this game, but can the 2007 edition?  The Scarlet Knights are not the same team on defense or in the trenches, at least so far, but that’ll change in one big performance. From the coaching staff on down, Rutgers believes it hasn’t played anywhere close to its capabilities. That’ll change on Thursday night, as Rutgers will play like the team many expected it’d be with an opportunistic defense that’ll grab the momentum early and never let go.

if usf plays to THEIR CAPABILITIES THEY WILL EASILY BEAT RU

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

CFN usually likes us...they usually are spot on, too.  =/

They're ususally spot on until it comes to predicting us. 

They (preseason) predicted us to go 7-5 and loose to WVa, Auburn, Uconn, Louisville and Pitt... and us to beat Rutgers.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,907
  • Days Won:  6

CBS Sportsline/Harmon Forecast:

Rutgers 26-24

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8820391

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I have to admit that I have no idea what all these "experts" are basing these predictions on.  Last year maybe?  I guess when you look at the stats that Rutgers has put, on paper I guess they look good, but the reality is, with the exception of Cincinnati, bot on offense and defense, Rutgers' opponents are statistically ranked even worse than UCF's opponents.  Rice was contained in their losses to UC and to MD with under 100 yards in each of those games.  Geez, I would hope a team that came into the season ranked and with a Heisman candidate would be able to put up some nice stats when playing against the #87, 98, 40th, and 112 ranked defenses in the country.

There defense should also look pretty good against the offenses they have played. Buffalo #71, Navy #30 (dead last passing), MD #65, Syracuse # 117.

Our offenses and defenses are ranked fairly closely together in both categories, but against very, very different levels of competition.  I know and fully understand that all this statistical crap goes out the window when the gun goes off, but I have a hard time seeing what these experts are basing an upset on.

• Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

They base it on the same thing they did when alot of them picked us to upset AU in the pre-season.  Lets be as classy as AU - Win or Lose.

Archived