Mike Ford

Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

I think Ford will get more carries from here on out, as long as he doesn't fumble much.  He got 8 carries against UCF, and basically only played the first half.  I think we'll see 15 or so carries against the tougher opponents coming up.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

:)  I know this is a little off the subject but when they use the "I" formation he seems to do quite well.  Can anyone answer why we don't use the "I" formation or "Wishbone" formation?  It seems when we only have 1 running back in there with Grothe his moves are so predictable.  What needs to be done to change that in order that the defense cannot read the play? I know we used the reverse more last year what is happening with that?  Does Gregory not like it or is it that fact that we can't get the execution down right?

GO BULLS!!!   FINISH STRONG!!!

we used the I-form on our first drive against WVU and it worked for a decent gain, if i recall correctly.

Ford's TD catch against Elon came out of the wishbone, i believe.

for some reason we don't use them that much...  but it would certainly stir things up if we did.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like sometimes Mike imitates Amari by carrying the ball like a loaf of bread away from his body.

• Content Count:  4,738

He just needs time.  Mike tries to run a lot of people over at the point of contact and it shows after he gets carries.  I'm not so sure he is back in football shape after the layoff.  Give him a full year and he will be unstoppable

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

Stop putting th rock on the TURF!

• Content Count:  20

He just needs time.  Mike tries to run a lot of people over at the point of contact and it shows after he gets carries.  I'm not so sure he is back in football shape after the layoff.  Give him a full year and he will be unstoppable

great sig.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

does anyone think we are saving him for the Big East run down the stretch....that is all CJL talks about it just winning the Big East.....I can see Ben and Ford and being a Ford Lighting...get it...Ford....Lighting(quick Ben)....ahhhh whitty

• Content Count:  7

Both Ford and Amari went to Spragues School of Running/fumbling...

• Content Count:  1,457

Mike is Healthy - repeat Healthy (physically).  Psychologically and Mentally he needs to do some aging.  Going to all his classes and making the grade is the most important thing now for Mike.  He does these things and the sky will be the limit.

Ford will do 100 each game as soon as the total package hits.  We like the 4-5 options at Back b/c it is really difficult for the defensive scheme to cover all the Bulls optiions (throw in Grothe and Taurus Johnson) and we have 2 more options.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

He will come around.

Needs to hold on to the ball, but he's got to be in there to learn that.

His power is the answer to other teams keying on Grothe and Williams around end runs.

Archived