Mike Ford

Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, he doesn't get it as often as he would because he drops it quite a bit. He fumbled against UCF but we recovered it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

Remember again, he hasn't played for two years.  I'm much more worried about his class time than I am his getting back into real football playing shape.  I know how long he's been practicing, and I know he's had six games, I still believe he'll get there.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

I just hate to see people dogging him out especially after his TDs in the Elon game (thank god), and his help in the Auburn game.

i haven't seen anyone "dogging" Mike Ford.

the fact is he has dropped the ball several times in only a limited amount of play... we can't afford to risk that.  as much potential and upside as he has, the downside of turnovers trumps all that. breaking a 20 yard run means nothing if he puts it on the floor when he's tackled at the end of that run.

with Delbert punting his legs off, we can live with a couple of 3 and outs and play for field position, letting our defense pick up the slack.  we CANT give up field position with turnovers.

• Content Count:  66,140
  • Days Won:  172

I was really excited to see this guy run, but he only gets a few carries a game. His upside is very good but he really needs to protect the ball.

Anyways, I would have like to seen him run more against UCF but he left with a hurt shoulder for a couple of plays. CJL also keeps mentioning guys going to class which we know Ford was in trouble for against FAU.

Does anyone know if he is injuried, in trouble, and if we can expect to see him in Rutgers Thursday?

he needs to act like a 5 star back

usfcant a-ford turnovers tomorrow

Ford runs too tall and carries the ball too low.

but he is only a freshman and was out of football for over a year before coming to USF.

some coaching on technique and upper body strength training will help with his ball protection.

the biggest concern, as someone already mentioned, is cousin Amarri's graduation and the implications on Ford staying focused and going to class...  the kid has all the tools and natural talent to be a star and play at the next level.  he just needs to stay focused and pay his dues now in order to get there.

he needs more practice time

it would be a great risk to play him at rutgers

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

His big run vs elon made me an instant fan...hes sick

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

His big run vs elon made me an instant fan...hes sick

his 74 yards and a TD at Auburn in only his second college game is what really impressed me.  if he can run and protect the ball against that D, i know he has it in him to do it every game.

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

:)  I know this is a little off the subject but when they use the "I" formation he seems to do quite well.  Can anyone answer why we don't use the "I" formation or "Wishbone" formation?  It seems when we only have 1 running back in there with Grothe his moves are so predictable.  What needs to be done to change that in order that the defense cannot read the play? I know we used the reverse more last year what is happening with that?  Does Gregory not like it or is it that fact that we can't get the execution down right?

GO BULLS!!!  FINISH STRONG!!!

• Content Count:  22,838
  • Days Won:  53

:)  I know this is a little off the subject but when they use the "I" formation he seems to do quite well. 

Off the subject or no, I love the "I" formation.  I noticed that Williams has been catching the ball out of the backfield really well and dinging the other teams for some real nice gains.  That would be another option for Williams other than blocking...

Archived