Does anyone wish Grothe would...

mikebeau

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,798
  • Days Won:  53

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to say . . . shave off the mohawk.

You speak in crazy talk.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Ok.... So when the opposing defenses start to dedicated the d-lineman to containing Grothe and his spin out move... he won't need to spin out.

Imagine the level of respect defenses pay to WV's White only with our offense and versatility to throw the ball.

What you are asking D-Linemen to do is rush, contain but don't risk to much and give up that spin out and a potential big play.

IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN and if it does Grothe will be able to catch naps in the pocket.

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

he needs to learn to throw it away... it is ok sometimes to not gain yards on a play, but losing 10-15 is not acceptable on any down. 

yeah, because a potential interception or intentional grounding is better than taking a shot at a big play?

• Content Count:  403

I'm more concerned about Grothe making better decisions with the football.  As much as I like to see him throw downfield, I've seen several 3rd and 4's where he has some running room, but instead of running for the 1st, he chucks it downfield to make a huge play. 

• Content Count:  41

I am not too concerned about him doing the spin move.  I just want him to be sure to tuck that ball away.

• Content Count:  1,165

he needs to learn to throw it away... it is ok sometimes to not gain yards on a play, but losing 10-15 is not acceptable on any down. 

yeah, because a potential interception or intentional grounding is better than taking a shot at a big play?

That's the worst attempt for justification I've ever seen.  If Grothe  would throws interception while trying to throw the ball away, then he doesn't deserve to be our QB, period, but that wouldn't happen.  And with the grounding, all it takes is a little smarts...don't throw the ball away while in the pocket.

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

I'm more concerned about Grothe making better decisions with the football.  As much as I like to see him throw downfield, I've seen several 3rd and 4's where he has some running room, but instead of running for the 1st, he chucks it downfield to make a huge play. 

He is a QB if it is a passing play, he should be thinking pass first.

Geez, we are 6-0, ranked second in the nation, Matt is getting some heisman hype, and all we can do is try to find ways to "improve" his game? Seriously, he has thrown 3 picks, 2 of which could have been prevented if the receivers would take a Cedric Hill approach to getting the football when it is thrown to them. There have been 8 million dropped passes. Matt is having a phenominal season.

You guys sound like UF fans. We are coming off of a 64 point offensive performance (well 62 actually), don't worry about Matt, I think he will turn out to be an OK QB, who knows, maybe he will even develop into a Pat Julmiste type guy if we could be so lucky.

Go to You Tube and search his name, I bet you won't find any clips of him getting sacked for a big loss.

• Content Count:  1,238

Geez, we are 6-0, ranked second in the nation, Matt is getting some heisman hype, and all we can do is try to find ways to "improve" his game?

• Content Count:  4,738

He is a QB if it is a passing play, he should be thinking pass first.

Geez, we are 6-0, ranked second in the nation, Matt is getting some heisman hype, and all we can do is try to find ways to "improve" his game? Seriously, he has thrown 3 picks, 2 of which could have been prevented if the receivers would take a Cedric Hill approach to getting the football when it is thrown to them. There have been 8 million dropped passes. Matt is having a phenominal season.

You guys sound like UF fans. We are coming off of a 64 point offensive performance (well 62 actually), don't worry about Matt, I think he will turn out to be an OK QB, who knows, maybe he will even develop into a Pat Julmiste type guy if we could be so lucky.

Go to You Tube and search his name, I bet you won't find any clips of him getting sacked for a big loss.

I'm sure people are climbing over themselves to post bad plays on youtube.

Since we are 6-0 you can't critique their play?

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Matt Grothe is 14-4 as a starter and is on Heisman watch lists as a sophmore, and USF is ranked NUMBER FREAKING TWO in the nation!

Yeah, let's change his style of play starting right now.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Archived