Ray Rice's Numbers vs USF

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,822
  • Days Won:  9

Last two season from Mr. Rice.  Yikes.

2005-  26 carries for 158 yards (6.1 average)

2006-  35 carries for 202 yards (5.8 average)

D has to step up and 'limit' him to only 100 or less.  Our D needs to get off the field versus this team, hopefully our O will help them with ball controlled long scoring drives.

Go Bulls!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

i don't expect Rutgers to completely abandon the running game like UCF did with Kevin Smith, so i don't know how much we can stop him in the whole game, so i'm just hoping that we get those key turnovers from Teel and the like and we take advantage of them, like we did against UCF.

Teel's numbers from last year's USF game:

11/20 for 100 yards with 1 interception.  Gotta like our D's chances against the Rutgers Passing Offense.  

One stat that stood out from last year's game was that Rutgers was 4/4 scoring in the red zone, including 2 TDs.  Obviously we couldn't stop the run last year, so it was easy for them to pound us inside the 20.  I think this will be the key to this year's game.  We need to have them settle for FGs.  Grothe had a really good game numbers wise, but he did turn it over three times if I'm not mistaken.  He had two picks and one fumble.  He needs to control the ball better for us to have a good shot.

• Content Count:  291

Last season we were missing Clebert, and Selvie was just getting into the swing of things. I expect us to stop him.

• Content Count:  8

The key difference in the running game, to me, is the loss of Brian Leonard.

I don't think them losing Leonard is that big of a deal.  They still are allowed to have a fullback right?  Sure he was very good, but its not like they don't have someone else willing to give up their body for a block to free Rice.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't think them losing Leonard is that big of a deal.  They still are allowed to have a fullback right?  Sure he was very good, but its not like they don't have someone else willing to give up their body for a block to free Rice.

It wasn't just his blocking but he was a very good runner (4.5ypc 423yds 5td) and great receiver out of the backfield (led the team in receptions) and got alot of touches.  He made a ton of huge plays for them including a long reception late in the UL game last year.  He was the heart of their offense Rice is just the legs. 

He didn't do squat against us last year.  Only 30 yards rushing and 16 yards receiving.  Losing Leonard isn't a big deal. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He didn't do squat against us last year.  Only 30 yards rushing and 16 yards receiving.  Losing Leonard isn't a big deal. 

It will limit their offense if they need to do more than just run rice between the tackles.  If you watched that Maryland game you can see the difference in the offense compared to last year.  When Rice is having a rough go at it they don't have someone else on offense that steps up like Leonard did.   

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Rice will have 200 yards against our D

Archived