Do you think the National Media believes the Bulls will lose to RU?

BurghBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

We have no more "non-statement" games on our schedule.

We need to crush and kill all those who dare to step on the field with us from here on out if we wish to maintain our #2 rankings. 

The National Media is just looking for a reason to put LSU above us.  We can't give them that chance.

GO BULLS!

I think this sums it up perfectly.

For years, we've wanted national respect. Well, now that we have it, let's keep it.

We're finally in position...now let's take advantage of it.

i feel different about this statement we've got respect...i think we still get very little respect, when a power house team gets a loss the media cant belive it, when we win they cant belive it either i think im going to stop watching all these college football shows from now on...it seems all i do is get pissed off because the lack of respect by these jerk offs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,661

I think this discussion misses the point: regardless of whether the National Media says good or bad things about USF, the point is that they're TALKING ABOUT USF.

At this moment, we're the front page story on CNNSI.com and SportsLine.com. And every other news site has us in some prominent position.

USF Football is getting coverage that is not just unprecedented, but light years beyond anybody's wildest dreams.

I don't care if the talking heads respect our #2 ranking or not. I'm just happy they're talking about us.

However the rest of the season plays out, the Bulls have achieved a level of success that even big schools go years without achieving, for even a week. Right now, the South Florida Bulls are part of the National Championship discussion, and walk tall among the true powers of college football. All rankings are temporary, so let's enjoy the ride.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,810
  • Days Won:  213

ut oh-- someone threw out the phrase light years

it's been light years since I've heard that one

• Content Count:  2,527

Don't care.

When we win, the same media clowns will retract and then say that they always believed that we would win.

Don't care.

When we win, the same media clowns will retract and then say that they always believed that we would win.

like say, Bianchi for instance

of course-- each season he reerts to idiot Knight fan and layds it on extra thick.

Our poor renegade program doesn't have a chance

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think the national media still needs convincing that we belong where we are.  We know how good we are and with our schedule of home/away games we can't want much more.  Win Thursday night and the media will be saying "USF--The Real Deal".

I like th Bulls as much as anyone-- but I am not 100% convinced we are the #2 team in the country. I know we have got a wonderful resume so far-- but it just is not an easy concept for me to grasp that it might be reality. There are many teams in the country that can line up against USF and give us a major battle imo.

Let's keep it humble and not try to overshoot the expectations based on the first half of the season folks. We have a long way to go-- and while I am 100% behind my Bulls-- I am also a realist. We have proven we belong in the top echelon of football this season-- certainly. But staying there is much more important. One game at a time.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  7,013
  • Days Won:  4

I like th Bulls as much as anyone-- but I am not 100% convinced we are the #2 team in the country. I know we have got a wonderful resume so far-- but it just is not an easy concept for me to grasp that it might be reality. There are many teams in the country that can line up against USF and give us a major battle imo.

Let's keep it humble and not try to overshoot the expectations based on the first half of the season folks. We have a long way to go-- and while I am 100% behind my Bulls-- I am also a realist. We have proven we belong in the top echelon of football this season-- certainly. But staying there is much more important. One game at a time.

Exactly. There's still half a season to go. All it takes is one slip up and "told you so, told you so, told you so" will be the focus of National attention, then it's back to college-business-as-usual. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

MikeG, I fully agree with you!  

We all need to be on the same page with CJL, and that is

One game at a time!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

any given week we could lose a game

let's just worry about one at a time

yes-- we have a shot at the big prize BUT it will take a hell of lot to get there. So enjoy each game as it rolls by-- and if the Bulls happen to lose a game-- do not turn into some crazed fan who feels the Bulls were screwed out of something none of us really imagined could happen before the season. I really want the Big East title this year-- anything beyond that is gravy. Finishing 2nd would be pretty decent as well all things considered. Let's try not to turn into Nebraska or Bama overnight here folks.

Thank you, Voice of Reason. This season has far exceeded my expectations, so I'm enjoying the ride.

Archived