From back in the archives, Love CJL.... Spurrier wishes he stayed I am sure.

usfbullcpa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Spurrier Watches Bulls

Published: Apr 7, 2004

TAMPA - Former University of Florida and Washington Redskins coach Steve Spurrier attended the early portion of South Florida's practice.

If things had turned out differently, the ol' ball coach could have been visiting his son, Steve Jr., who was interested in replacing Tom Pajic as USF's receivers coach.

But the job went to former Bucs and Florida State WR Lawrence Dawsey. Spurrier's presence Tuesday was of little concern to USF coach Jim Leavitt.

``I don't know anything about Spurrier,'' Leavitt said. ``The president of the United States could be out here and it doesn't matter. I'm just coaching.''

Had to go back towards the beginning today to see where we came from and saw this little gen of a post.  Thought I would bring it up front to remind everyone when some has been stopped by to see what true passion looked like.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I thought he came here because we were recruiting his son to play WR ??? I seem to remember a ton of crazy speculation of Spurrier coming on as WR coach if we were able to land his son.

Archived