RU...concerns

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

thats the one knock on our team the last 2 or 3 years, havent gotten it done on the road.

yeah, because Auburn this year and WVU last year weren't "getting it done"

::)

Those games also weren't following huge wins.

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

thats the one knock on our team the last 2 or 3 years, havent gotten it done on the road.

yeah, because Auburn this year and WVU last year weren't "getting it done"

::)

Those games also weren't following huge wins.

if yall are so eager to talk **** about the Bulls, u go right ahead.  don't let me stop u.

this game will be as tough as it gets, but yall are are just reaching now.

• Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Concerned because RU has a veteran QB and a very good running back in Rice.  They also have a very athletic defense.  They lost two close games and are playing at home on a national stage with their BE title hopes on the line.  There are many reasons to be concerned about this game but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• Content Count:  500

Uhhh we always seem to play up or down on the road. For ever Auburn and WVu there is a cincy or kansas of 06, uconn or pitt of 05. I know you bandwagoners have only been following the team for like a year now, but they do have our team history online.

That being said we will be pumped for this game. The road game that I think will be a bigger letdown will be cuse.

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

Lets start at the top...

Did we have a "Big Win" last week? I don't think so, it was a complete domination of an inferior team. There is no way you can compare this to beating a WVU team by 8 with them trying to drive in the final minutes.

Our "bad" road losses over the last couple of years have been...Cincy, Kansas, and UConn. With the exception of UConn, Cincy and Kansas flat-out out played us last year. Kansas was Grothe's first real road game. Cincy has a pretty good team, and had a good team last year, especially at home. They absolutely destroyed Rutgers (#7 at the time) last year at home.

Cincy lost to Ohio State (#1), Va Tech (#11), UL (#7), WVU (#10), and Pitt. Only loss at home was to Pitt.

That wasn't a bad loss for us, they had a better team that day on their field.

Our team is much improved. We played great at AU, at WVU last year, did enough to win at FAU. We will win this game, and we will win it convincingly. RU isn't nearly as good as they were last year. They lost 5 starters on D, and in my opinion, the FB that made their offense so tricky to defend. They have improved with passing, well, that just so happens to be a strength of our defense.

• Content Count:  4,642

i hope not

• Content Count:  3,403

Uhhh we always seem to play up or down on the road. For ever Auburn and WVu there is a cincy or kansas of 06, uconn or pitt of 05. I know you bandwagoners have only been following the team for like a year now, but they do have our team history online.

That being said we will be pumped for this game. The road game that I think will be a bigger letdown will be cuse.

You don't have to be a "bandwagoner" to realize that USF has cured its road woes with the WVU and Auburn wins.  Cincy was a good team last year and tied us in the big east.  Kansas we would have beaten had we made 1 more play (Randolph).  We only lost by 6.

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

You don't have to be a "bandwagoner" to realize that USF has cured its road woes with the WVU and Auburn wins.  Cincy was a good team last year and tied us in the big east.  Kansas we would have beaten had we made 1 more play (Randolph).  We only lost by 6.

Don't remember the Randolph play (diving attempt at catch in the endzone?), I was listening on the radio, but as much as we love our D, I blame that loss on them. Seriously, we had them 3rd and long all day and couldn't get a stop. If I remember, they kept going over the middle on us. They controlled the clock by picking up way too many first downs.

• Content Count:  635

just look to freakin FAU to see that our road woes are certainly not cured.

• Content Count:  1,757

Concerned because RU has a veteran QB and a very good running back in Rice.  They also have a very athletic defense.  They lost two close games and are playing at home on a national stage with their BE title hopes on the line.  There are many reasons to be concerned about this game but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I agree.  Hopefully we'll bring the "A" game.  Getting to rest the starters early last week should be benefcial.  If we shut down another feature back again this week and keep the turnovers down, then I think we'll roll on them.  If we play flat, we could be in for a long night.  If we get an honest officiated game (unlike last year's contest) we should have the upper hand. 

Archived