Instant SOS - interesting Concept from the SEC about the Bulls...

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Realistically USF needs to have sustained success.

Urban Myer had Alex Smith at Utah and put together a magical season and they are not perennial powers.  As long as CJL stays there is a chance for this program to be nationally competitive year in and year out.  Right now USF is just having a great year- nothing more nothing less.

If I hear another Utah, Boise State comparison I'm going to shoot myself in the face.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  188

Realistically USF needs to have sustained success.

Urban Myer had Alex Smith at Utah and put together a magical season and they are not perennial powers.  As long as CJL stays there is a chance for this program to be nationally competitive year in and year out.  Right now USF is just having a great year- nothing more nothing less.

HUUUUUUGE difference.  Utah was not in a BCS conference.  You know how many ranked teams they played?  I'll give you time to guess...

Zero.

USF '07 =/= Utah '04

That's a legitimate point BUT my point is they are still playing the same type schedule and are not 12-0.  Many teams have a good season but don't have sustained success. 

USF needs to string together several successful seasons where they are going to BCS bowls or at least top notch non-BCS bowls.  They are definitely headed in the right direction just not there yet.

• Content Count:  849

LOLOLOLOL!

Did I say LOL enough?

Ok, the FIRST time your school gets recognition and you THINK you are too good for your conference and want to move to the SEC?  Way to forget what put you where you are now.  If it wasnt for the Big East you would be playing Conference USA every year.  In 2 years when you are striving to break .500 and living in the middle of the Big East I will bump this thread and remind you of what you wanted back then...

What an idiot. 

Although this guy is an idiot and responded in a brash way I can't say I disagree with him. Just because we're doing well right now doesn't mean we'll get invited to the SEC...its a very stupid notion. As long as the Big East is a BCS conference why should we switch? All we have to do is continue to schedule tough OOC schedule and we'll be fine. We've already signed a deal with Miami to play them and we've signed a deal with UF to play them. Our SOS will be tough in 2010, we get Miami and UF on the road not to mention we get Louisville and WVU on the road too.

• Content Count:  1,263

Bah, forget about the SEC, just enjoy where we are. We can make the big east elite. I dont want to go to the SEC right now, and i dont really think we are ready for that anyway.

• Content Count:  22,795
  • Days Won:  53

Big East is fine, but we need some non-conference opponents that are better ranked.  This year we did good with Auburn.  We need a couple of those in there and less UCF.

• Content Count:  164

Two reasons I'd be against that idea.

First, I like the Big East and would like to see our program grow with it and become part of the BE's tradition. Much like CJL is willing to pass up "traditional" programs and turn USF into one from scratch, I'd like to see USF help BE become a conference that everyone fears/respects.

Second, I honestly believe that we'll have a playoff system at some point in the next decade or so, and if so, it makes sense that it will be comprised of conference champions as well as at-large teams. At this point, I think we have a much better chance at winning the BE conference than the SEC, due in large part to the number of teams.

I also don't much care for the SEC so moving there would make me feel dirty. :) Plus, Syracuse is just down the highway from me so it's a cheap away game every other year whereas away games in the SEC would be long-distance affairs.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

If I hear another Utah, Boise State comparison I'm going to shoot myself in the face.

This reminds me of Utah and/or Boise State.....

:popcorn

• Content Count:  10,219

no do not do it...

is there more $$$$...where do i sign?

Archived