Instant SOS - interesting Concept from the SEC about the Bulls...

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

A comment was tossed around with the suggestion was to throw Vandy out of the SEC and add USF to the SEC. 

We would then have a built in SOS. 

Man would I love seeing the bulls play in the SEC. 

The Big East teams get one loss and fall way down or even out of the polls (WVU, Cinci, UConn, Rutgers, Louisville). 

On the other hand, SEC teams can get one, two or even three and stay (Kentucky, SC,  LSU, UF, Auburn, Tenn, GA, Alabama).  It doesn't make sense but the SEC losses are considered more credible than Big East losses (even though the BE went 5 - 0 in our bowl games last year beating all OOC teams).

It would be cool if we went to the SEC.  Then UCF could once again follow and take our exited place in the BE just like they did in CUSA... 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm happy right where we are.  We can OWN this league and we can get plenty of SOS from our OOC games.

WVU didn't fall far.

UConn can because their SOS sucked.  Same for RU.

We wouldn't fall that far because everyone knows our SOS is great right now.

We gotsta take care of RU!

• Content Count:  22,795
  • Days Won:  53

What are the odds of something like that happening?  Just curious.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I don't think that will happen any time soon.

The SEC loves Vandy for their academic credibility and their overall sports program.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

If Stan Heath can get our BB program rolling along, like I think he can, and Leavitt can maintain our football program's meteoric rise, you can bet the SEC will come calling.

• Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  0

A comment was tossed around with the suggestion was to throw Vandy out of the SEC and add USF to the SEC. 

We would then have a built in SOS. 

Man would I love seeing the bulls play in the SEC. 

The Big East teams get one loss and fall way down or even out of the polls (WVU, Cinci, UConn, Rutgers, Louisville). 

On the other hand, SEC teams can get one, two or even three and stay (Kentucky, SC,  LSU, UF, Auburn, Tenn, GA, Alabama).  It doesn't make sense but the SEC losses are considered more credible than Big East losses (even though the BE went 5 - 0 in our bowl games last year beating all OOC teams).

It would be cool if we went to the SEC.   Then UCF could once again follow and take our exited place in the BE just like they did in CUSA...   

unless you have a LINK!...... then this is just "message board Bull-crap"......

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think the SEC comes with a lot more history and creditability.

That being said, I am fine with staying in the Big East. If you want a better SOS, then do so with out of conference games. Heck, the SEC only plays teams in the south for their out of conference games, we could schedule one every year (don't know how hard that is per se, just saying).

What I DON'T want to happen, is we start looking pathetic the way UCF fans are about getting into the Big East. Look at their message board, that is all they can talk about doing is moving to the Big East. We should focus just on our conference, focus on our games.

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

The SEC loves Vandy for their academic credibility and their overall sports program.

exactly what i was gonna say.  Vanderbilt adds strength to their academic standing.

besides, they're not a terrible lower-tier team.  they would dominate other conferences' bottom feeders--- who wouldn't pick Vandy over Duke, Iowa State, Washington State, Cuse or Minnesota?

as "prestigious" as the perception of the SEC as a football conference is, i don't think USF should go anywhere. the Big East is a strong conference. WVU was competitive before the realignment, Louisville, Cinci, Rutgers are all Top 25 caliber teams. UConn and Pitt can be competitive. Cuse has... err... tradition.

but USF has the biggest pipelines and networks in the most talented HS football state in the country. we have a leg up on the talent pool here against the Northeastern teams in our conference... there is potential for long-term success in the BEast.

• Content Count:  218

LOLOLOLOL!

Did I say LOL enough?

Ok, the FIRST time your school gets recognition and you THINK you are too good for your conference and want to move to the SEC?  Way to forget what put you where you are now.  If it wasnt for the Big East you would be playing Conference USA every year.  In 2 years when you are striving to break .500 and living in the middle of the Big East I will bump this thread and remind you of what you wanted back then...

What an idiot. 

• Content Count:  108

I don't see it happening.  The point was made about the SEC wanting Vandy's academic credibility.   Men's & women's basketball and baseball are also very strong and I'm sure the SEC doesn't want to lose that.  We could add to the SOS with the out-of-conference schedule.  I'm not a big fan of scheduling 1-AA teams for that reason but if that's what you have to do to get a game (especially with 5 out-of-conference games), so be it.  I'd be happy getting 3 major OOC games a year.  

Archived