BCS Show on Fox / Remaining SOS and the NC chances

MechanicalBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

each team has one ranked opponent left. how does that make LSU's SOS that much better???  The SEC championship game may be what could put them over the top.  Otherwise looks pretty even.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,016

sorry mechanicalbull, but what I see that EVERY top 5 team only plays one more ranked opponent.  I dont see where LSU's schedule is that much tougher than ours on a purely objective basis, especially when at this point its only speculation that BC or LSU will play in a championship game(although more than likely atleast LSU will).  Even if say LSU does have a better SOS, I dont see it being that much greater than ours to significantly knock us down.

I think the SEC championship will make the difference.  Look at what it did for UF last year.  They were a one loss team.  This is all speculation of course.  Either way we've got to win out to have a shot.

• Content Count:  33

Let's stay with CJL's motive since the inception of the program: He wants to win his division/conference, something his program hasn't done yet.  So many different crazy things can still happen with us and/or anyone else.  He knows more than anyone that the BCS and pollsters can do some crazy things. The only thing our Bulls can control is winning the Big East which is still a BCS game.  A National Championship game would be the super cherry on top but is honestly still WAY too early to predict.  Win out and our Bulls finally have won what they want.

• Content Count:  2,363

Let's stay with CJL's motive since the inception of the program: He wants to win his division/conference, something his program hasn't done yet.  So many different crazy things can still happen with us and/or anyone else.  He knows more than anyone that the BCS and pollsters can do some crazy things. The only thing our Bulls can control is winning the Big East which is still a BCS game.  A National Championship game would be the super cherry on top but is honestly still WAY too early to predict.  Win out and our Bulls finally have won what they want.

Aiming at the primary goal (the BE) has the potential to lead us to the secondary goal (a trip to the NC game)

• Content Count:  92

I don't see an untested Ohio State team making it out of happy Valley next week undefeated.  PSU is murderous in that stadium and they have made a habit of destroying OSU title hopes there in recent seasons.  LSU has a very tough test with surging Auburn but I think I know who we are all going to cheer for there.  BC's schedule is also tough the rest of the way, especially at VT.  Oklahoma has a tough test against Texas Tech and then the Big XII title game against either Mizzou or (gasp) Colorado.  It's way to early for anybody to be thinking of NC because there is still a half season of football to be played.

• Content Count:  9,822
  • Days Won:  9

Just Beat Rutgers.  We lose that game, and not only does the NC talk go out the window, but we put ourselves in jeopardy of winning the conference.

Just Beat Rutgers.

Just Beat Rutgers.

Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  3,103

sorry mechanicalbull, but what I see that EVERY top 5 team only plays one more ranked opponent.  I dont see where LSU's schedule is that much tougher than ours on a purely objective basis, especially when at this point its only speculation that BC or LSU will play in a championship game(although more than likely atleast LSU will).  Even if say LSU does have a better SOS, I dont see it being that much greater than ours to significantly knock us down.

I think the SEC championship will make the difference.  Look at what it did for UF last year.  They were a one loss team.  This is all speculation of course.  Either way we've got to win out to have a shot.

you can't use that argument for a few reasons, 1) last year there was only one undefeated team, OSU, 2) the top three teams were OSU, Michigan, and UF, Michigan lost to OSU in the last game of the season and nobody wanted to see a rematch.

• Content Count:  1,894

LOL WERE IN THE BIG EAST..THE ONLY WAY WE HAVE A SHOT AT ANYTHING IS TO GO UNDEFEATED...lolol...we will work hard and they will play hard..and i know they can do it..whatever happens happens...stick with leavitt one game at a time and well be fine...to much ncg talk...

• Content Count:  98

I disagree that their schedule is that much tougher. While we don't have anyone currently in the top 20 I expect Cinci to get there before we get to them and Rutgers is #34 in BCS, Louisville #40, Uconn #37 and cinci #23 right now.

• Content Count:  849

The thing people are failing to realize is that it wouldn't hjave mattered if UF won SEC championship. If USC hadn't of lost to Cal, UF would not have jumped them in the polls. Also UF didn't jump any undefeated teams that mattered (Boise St. doesn't count because they don't matter)

We control our own destiny, if we win out we're in the Nat'l Title game

Archived