Neutral Site Game???

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Well, I would like to see a neural site game. Miami just seems the most likely. We don't exactly ahve much to go on. Nobody is to our west, nobody is to the east that we want to play. North is only FSU and where would that be played? And we don't have any games scheduled with them. Miami is to the south and we are set to play them. Just seems like it would be our best bet.

UGa and UF works out well, but our closest conference brother isn't exactly a state away like GA.

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I would like to see a neural site game. Miami just seems the most likely. We don't exactly ahve much to go on. Nobody is to our west, nobody is to the east that we want to play. North is only FSU and where would that be played? And we don't have any games scheduled with them. Miami is to the south and we are set to play them. Just seems like it would be our best bet.

UGa and UF works out well, but our closest conference brother isn't exactly a state away like GA.

Already have Miami so no need to give them neutral site.

• Content Count:  4,738

Seems like it would have to be a team north of us.  Maybe an FSU or Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama maybe.  I can't see any schools further north than Georgia going to a neutral site.  Maybe South Carolina??  UF and FSU are to close and we already have Miami.  Besides, no offense to our fan base but UF or FSU at our house in this state would still almost be a neutral site game.  They both have plenty of alum in the area that would scoop up tickets.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I believe the neutral site game is suppposed to be against Notre Dame. I was thinking the game was going to be in Jax because Notre Dame wants a game down in Florida.

• Content Count:  4,738

If thats the case why bargain for a "neutral site"  Notre Dame is in the tank. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

A friend of mine that is a member of some FSU boards says that after FSU played Alabama both teams made 15million more than they would have had it been a home game for either team. FSU is currently looking for a neutral site game with other teams and has asked USF and WVU. This info comes from rivals.com message boards.

I don't know about "$15 million more" figure... especially for "each team"...

The FSU-Alabama game was the largest crowd in the history of Alltell stadium - with 85,500... to make $15 million, tickets would have to average more than $175 each... that is more than the face value of national championship game tickets.

I was thinking about this before when Bama and Noles played. Maybe we could change the contract with Miami to have one or two neutral games with our remaining 5 games. Maybe just the last game could be on a neutral field in Orlando (I don't know of any other good locations between the two schools.)

I don't want to move a Miami game... and I don't know if I would want to play FSU in Jacksonville.

The Citrus Bowl renovations are slowly moving ahead... and FSU already has a contract to play a neutral site game there in 2012 or 2013... assuming they are over their "we'll never play USF" philosophy.

I'm not arguing about the $15 million.  I think it's high also, but your math assumes no revenue from the network to host the game, concessions, parking, etc.

A friend of mine that is a member of some FSU boards says that after FSU played Alabama both teams made 15million more than they would have had it been a home game for either team. FSU is currently looking for a neutral site game with other teams and has asked USF and WVU. This info comes from rivals.com message boards.

The FSU-Alabama game was the largest crowd in the history of Alltell stadium - with 85,500... to make $15 million, tickets would have to average more than $175 each... that is more than the face value of national championship game tickets.

I was thinking about this before when Bama and Noles played. Maybe we could change the contract with Miami to have one or two neutral games with our remaining 5 games. Maybe just the last game could be on a neutral field in Orlando (I don't know of any other good locations between the two schools.)

I don't want to move a Miami game... and I don't know if I would want to play FSU in Jacksonville.

The Citrus Bowl renovations are slowly moving ahead... and FSU already has a contract to play a neutral site game there in 2012 or 2013... assuming they are over their "we'll never play USF" philosophy.

I'm not arguing about the $15 million.  I think it's high also, but your math assumes no revenue from the network to host the game, concessions, parking, etc.

Apis -- $175 per person is a lot for the other aspects... even half of that (if you think TV paid $7.5 million) - $87.50 per PERSON is a heck of a lot...  Did they make money? Sure.  But it was probably more like $2-3 million per team...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Apis -- $175 per person is a lot for the other aspects... even half of that (if you think TV paid $7.5 million) - $87.50 per PERSON is a heck of a lot...  Did they make money? Sure.  But it was probably more like $2-3 million per team...

I agree with you.  I can't see it being $15 million total.

• Content Count:  743

I agree with you.  I can't see it being $15 million total.

I thought it seemed like an outlandish figure when he told me that but his explanation was that the stadium payed both teams to come, and the revenue's from TV, concessions, and the other nonsense.

Archived