Our Wide Recievers

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

I am very suprised this isn't a bigger deal on these boards. They have hands of STONE. At this level if you put your hands on the football you gotta pull it down. They are really making Grothe's numbers look bad. Its true though some of Grothe's passes are not right on the money but the recievers are putting their hands on the ball and it just seems to bounce off.... This really needs to get turned around if we want to get our offense REALLLY rolling versus good teams.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

They looked real good in the 2nd half of the game. Carlton Mitchell has shown some promise

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Their drops have killed us so far this year (we could have all blow out wins if they catch 1/2 of those drops).  Grothe should prolly have about 5 more passing tds if not for the drops.  They looked to step it up a little in the second 1/2 but that was against and overmatched team that had already thrown in the towel. 

• Content Count:  1,165

I've brought this up a few times L/

• Content Count:  5,691

The drops by mitchell and denson were inexcusable. Amari should have probably caught the one oin the endzone also but it did look like the defender made a good play on that one. Hill save matt an int when he wrestled the ball away from the defender.

• Content Count:  9,822
  • Days Won:  9

I think Edner Alcin dropped an easy catch in the endzone too.  Needs to improve if we want to stay up with the big boys.

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

Amarri thought he was at the back of the end zone, he had another yard and a half easy. In the TV broacast (watching again last night), he actually looked back and kind of shook his head. He thought he was on the line and had to catch it there.

Taurus Johnson is money. Mitchell and Hester are young, but are going to be good. It was good to see Edwards getting used more.

The only problem I see right now (other than the drops, but thats going to happen), is that Hill seems to be the only one that will go up and fight for the football. Amarri and Taurus could have prevented 2 of Grothe's 3 picks this year. Hill did it yesterday, he wasn't planning on ending up with the ball, but he sure wasn't letting it get picked without a fight. That is what we need more of. They need to get more agressive. When they start fighting for the ball and coming down with it, they will start catching the easy ones better.

• Content Count:  377

I think the receivers are the weakest part of our football team.

• Content Count:  117

TJ is as sure handed as they come and who's head coach has as much confidence in his star WR as any in college football.

Per Gregs Blog: 

Leavitt wanted to play it safe and call a run to the middle of the field to set up an easier field goal. Grothe and receiver Taurus Johnson asked for a shot at the end zone, suggesting the exact play. “Matt and Taurus came up to me and said, ‘It’s there,’†Leavitt said. “I thought, ‘I’m the coach. I’m going to do what I want to do.’ So I said OK.† Grothe hit Johnson streaking toward the left corner of the end zone, and the Bulls would never look back.

I expect they'll be throwing his way more frequently with the drops by some of the other WR's.

• Content Count:  387

Taurus and Jessie have pro hands. Amarri has them but doesn't know it. He will. Busby never drops them. Neither does Ben out of the backfield. All the rest will improve. It mostly mental and they've got the coaches to deal with that.

Not worried.

Archived