Big East Team in the NC

Bull Martin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

The coaches poll is always a joke.  You've got crap like Spurrier throwing Duke a vote every year as a thank you, guys voting for freinds (or against an enemy).  Besides active coaches will only see one or two games in a week.

That being said the best thing we did Saturday was win by the margin we did while BC won close at Notre Dame.  Everyone knows ND stinks on toast right now, no one probably saw ESPNU yesterday.  All they'll see is the score and a couple of Grothe highlights.

We are now fighting for style points.  Got to continue to win, win impressively (think margin), maximize our chances on the big stage.  Which, of course means this Thursday is (everyone say it together) THE BIGGEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF USF FOOTBALL.

I don't think this game is the biggest in the history of USF.  It's a big game, of course, just not the biggest ever

• Content Count:  958

I don't think this game is the biggest in the history of USF.  It's a big game, of course, just not the biggest ever

Say What?  If we lose there will be no chance for a national championship, so please explain as to what bigger game has been played? 

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

Say What?  If we lose there will be no chance for a national championship, so please explain as to what bigger game has been played? 

Listen (read) to yourself man...

8 Weeks ago if someone told you we would finish with 1 conference loss and in a BCS game, you would have jumped all over it. This is a huge game, but we need to keep our heads on straight. I want a national championship as bad as anyone, but in my opinion, Auburn and WVU were bigger than this game. RU already has a conference loss, WVU will definately give them another. We can have 1 and still meet our goals.

I am concerned about all of the fans that are all over the NC chances. Again, it would be absolutely amazing, but fans and players have to realize that going completely undefeated is a huge task, and we can't allow ourselves to come off of the high we are on this season if we lose a game.

Auburn and WVU got us in the top 5, both bigger games to me. RU so far is the 7th biggest game this season. We are 0-0 this week, I want to finish the week 1-0. Someone dress up like a scarlet knight and go take some pictures on our Bull.

Our offense is going to go into this game with a lot of confidence. If they can keep performing like Saturday, we will be playing for the NC, but as of right now, we are playing for the win. Beat Rutgers and move on. We can't keep having all of these highs off of beating teams.

I was nervous about the UCF game because of our FAU game and just because I couldn't deal with losing to them. My brother-in-law (FSU grad) said that if we really are a top 5 team, we shouldn't worry about that game. He is right, EVERY GAME is huge, but we should have no reason to think that we won't win.

• Content Count:  66,140
  • Days Won:  172

Why is it that at the begining of the season that WVU and UL were honest to goodness contenders fo r the NC, but now some of the traditionalists (retards) on ESPN are saying the Big East is a lesser conference and it should be 1 loss teams frim the PAC 10 or SEC?

Screw them! Let's let USF keep on a rolling!

because usf isnt a tradional power

ul has looked like crap and lost to cuse

Once Pitt and Syracuse get their act together then the BIG EAST will be one of the best conferences top to bottom. It must kill all the BIG EAST critics to see a new power in USF being on the national championship team. I dare them to find a 1 loss team and have them play the Bulls. In their mind, USF would embarrass their powerhouse teams.

they will suck for years

• Content Count:  2,363

The coaches poll is always a joke.  You've got crap like Spurrier throwing Duke a vote every year as a thank you, guys voting for freinds (or against an enemy).  Besides active coaches will only see one or two games in a week.

That being said the best thing we did Saturday was win by the margin we did while BC won close at Notre Dame.  Everyone knows ND stinks on toast right now, no one probably saw ESPNU yesterday.  All they'll see is the score and a couple of Grothe highlights.

We are now fighting for style points.  Got to continue to win, win impressively (think margin), maximize our chances on the big stage.  Which, of course means this Thursday is (everyone say it together) THE BIGGEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF USF FOOTBALL.

To hear CJL tell it, the biggest game in the history of USF is always the game we have coming up this week.

every game untilusf loses will be biggest game ever

• Content Count:  330

IMO..  because of USF ranking and national exposure..  every game from the start of the season and now forward is going to be huge.. they will continue to get bigger.  The bar has now been raised. Sure Big East title is first, but you have to think that the chance to play for all the marbles starts to be come a factor sometime.. 

• Content Count:  10,219

just win jim!

Archived