Most puzzling headline of the day: "Make that Florida's big 5"

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

if they are considered to be a decent team it will help our cause in being ranked higher. they have done some very good things in the last few years. most people here don't believe that because no matter what they do our fans will always make fun of them. please be rational when talking about college football, please realize what helps us and what hurts us

btw don't scream and yell when we are on offense. i couldn't tell you how many people i have had to tell to shut up when we are in the red zone.

marc I agree.

BTW, if someone starts the wave Saturday just say no.

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

THAT ARTICLE IS GARBAGE! AND THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT? GARBAGE!

ATTACK ME! I'M A MAN! I GO TO USF!!

:ROFLMAO

Now THAT'S a good t-shirt idea! 

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

if they are considered to be a decent team it will help our cause in being ranked higher. they have done some very good things in the last few years. most people here don't believe that because no matter what they do our fans will always make fun of them. please be rational when talking about college football, please realize what helps us and what hurts us

btw don't scream and yell when we are on offense. i couldn't tell you how many people i have had to tell to shut up when we are in the red zone.

I am not trying to start an argument, but just exactly what "very good things" have they done in the last few years? 2004 (0-11), 2005, they did play for the C-USA championship, they lost, zero quality wins, 2006, way to follow up that 2005 season with a 4-8 record I think it was.

They have zero wins over ranked opponents, they have put up good numbers, but their competition is awful. Texas is above average, but not much more, and opening a stadium is pretty emotional, they played out of their minds.

• Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  0

We give them so much publicity with these games. Big 5 my ass. Why would they write an article like this right after UCF got killed by East Carolina? What a joke. They are part of the little 3.

• Content Count:  563

THAT ARTICLE IS GARBAGE! AND THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT? GARBAGE!

ATTACK ME! I'M A MAN! I GO TO USF!!

:ROFLMAO

Now THAT'S a good t-shirt idea! 

omg...thts  funny!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  131

I am not trying to start an argument, but just exactly what "very good things" have they done in the last few years? 2004 (0-11), 2005, they did play for the C-USA championship, they lost, zero quality wins, 2006, way to follow up that 2005 season with a 4-8 record I think it was.

They have zero wins over ranked opponents, they have put up good numbers, but their competition is awful. Texas is above average, but not much more, and opening a stadium is pretty emotional, they played out of their minds.

I don’t want to argue but hear me out

Comparing their program to before Oliar

They have some pretty nice facilities

They have a good coach

They are in a better conference (we were there a few yrs ago so don’t rip on it too hard)

They have an OCS

They are building their brand of football (new logo, getting more exposure)

They are getting better recruits

They have the nations leading rusher (per game)

They held with a solid BCS school (Texas)

They might have been ranked if they didn’t have a bunch of turnovers at the end of their last game (i wish they would have won to help our sos)

In other words they are getting serious about football

Don’t get me wrong we have gone a much further than they have and they’ll admit it. I just don’t like it when fans want to completely ignore what they have done because our fans don’t like them. It is that same ignorance that leads to big 3 fans not respecting us. Make fun of them all you want, just make sure it is justifiable.

Also i don’t think they are part of the big 5. but it is better that voters from across the nation think it is a solid win instead of a complete joke win (like playing western kentuky)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,389
  • Days Won:  491

Now, with all those amenities, all the have to do is accomplish what we already have - beat somebody.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

why is it USF's job to pimp a bag of crap program like UCF?

screw them and their mickey mouse minds. We are USF-- and we don't need to be associated with these desparate whiney windbags.

• Content Count:  1,037

64-12 thats a whole lot of get better they have to do to compete..... and well I think it is a waste of time playing them, people are tring to make it what it is not. Now if we need a win every year to look good for the voters, so be it, but why play with crap when you can play with gold like Aurburn, Florida, Miami. You beat those and its a good thing.

Archived