College Football Live - ESPN2 disses the Bulls at #5!!

DouBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

Remind me again WHO has BC beaten?

...snip...

You must be amazing at that Kevin Bacon game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  459

More gratutious media dumping on the Bulls at #5.  The hosts ended the show examining whether BC and USF were really the #4 and 5 teams.  They concluded that BC was for real but that "no way is USF better than Oklahoma or Florida.  The fact that BC jumped over USF shows you what they thought about USF as well".

What crap!  As if the voters are anointed oracles (pardon to the paper...used to work there ::) ) who's every pick is truth.  Made me want to cancel cable.....until I came to my senses and thought about catching the next game with the Bullies!!  >:D

All this press is good either way.  Bashing USF or loving USF they are still saying "University of South Florida" every night.  USF's pedigree at this point is every bit as good as California and Ohio State so there should be no apologies. 

I always wonder if USF could start a quick-hit media campaign much the way the Heisman pimping goes.  I realize Leavitt can't have anything to do with it, but a few press releases from SID sent around the nation comparing who we've played and beat vs. the rest of the Top 10....at least it would clarify it in the head of some of the media hounds bashing us.  Most of them probably haven't even done the research.

As for ESPN they are probably aware, but "does USF belong" makes for good 4 or 5 minutes of TV banter.  We are the new guy in the room after all.

• Content Count:  206

Bulliever, I would like to nominate Kizars post for HOF, classic and hilarious.

• Content Count:  1,981

What's College Football Live's email address again?

• Content Count:  104

What crap!  As if the voters are anointed oracles who's every pick is truth.

That quote would appear to support the position taken by the ESPN hosts.

• Content Count:  2,461

LET'S JUST LEAVE IT ON THE FIELD BOYS... If we beat UCiF by 42 points... Oh wait, they're not even a  'decent' team so that wouldn't really prove anything...

Well, if we continue to win our games then it will come. Just like USF has done in the past, we will continue to win over naysayers by our performance on the field.

Regardless of what they say, if we win the Big East then we go to a BCS game - and they can eat it.

No offense ___ Eats It :)

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

John Saunders sucks with facts. Dont forget that Saunders stated that USF does not have a chance to stop Slaton and Pat White before we played them this year. John Saunders that noone has stopped Slaton and White the past two years, so he kind of laughed at the idea of a USF fan bringing that up. He pretty much knows little about USF like many other national sports media. Give Joe Schad some credit though because he has been one of the analyst that has been on USF's side from the beginning of the year. Ex Gator QB Jesse Palmer was on USF's bandwagon before it got too big. He now seems to be worried about USF's success because he keeps on stating that UF would beat USF if they were to line up. Just goes to show that many people dont want to believe in USF's success, so all we have to do is keep on winning.

• Content Count:  618

Not meaning to dump on my Bulls, but how many of you honestly think we should be #5?

It's a little ridiculous to talk about a national title shot at this point guys.

We are a legit top 10 team, and our goal should be a Big East Championship plain and simple, don't get too caught up in the rankings.

Remember it wasn't too long ago when we used to bash them and think they were all BS.

• Content Count:  282

What crap!  As if the voters are anointed oracles who's every pick is truth.

That quote would appear to support the position taken by the ESPN hosts.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the the votes for USF are all correct and only crap as relates to BC....I am not trying to take the whole thing too seriously.  I am simply pointing out that the "analysts" are ready to believe that BC is great despite the fact that they have beaten no one simply because the voters say that they are and the "pundits" are used to hearing Boston College.  At the same time, they are not used to hearing USF and therefore despite the fact that we have a better SoS than BC the voters are wrong about us and have unfairly denegrated Oklahoma and UF even though those programs have losses on their records.  That is what I thought was crap.

• Content Count:  459

Not meaning to dump on my Bulls, but how many of you honestly think we should be #5?

It's a little ridiculous to talk about a national title shot at this point guys.

We are a legit top 10 team, and our goal should be a Big East Championship plain and simple, don't get too caught up in the rankings.

Remember it wasn't too long ago when we used to bash them and think they were all BS.

Why the heck isn't USF a Top 5 team?  I'm sure if USF played some of these teams 10 times they'd lose 8 out of 10 of them, but USF would only ever have to play any of them once in a season.  The Bulls have as good a chance as anybody to walk away with the win vs. pretty much anybody if they can get their offense back on track.  What team is invincible right now?  I haven't seen one yet.  Even the 'elite' teams have been having major issues -- USC with consistency, UF with their secondary and running game, etc.

LSU and Ohio State have been the only real teams not to show any true kinks in their armor, but even LSU had to gamble the house with 5 successive times going for it on 4th down to pull out a narrow victory at home. 

Should the team believe they are a Top 5 team?  Probably.  There is no reason if they win every one of their remaining 7 games that they can't be talked about seriously for national championship.  Our situation would be wildly different than a Boise State or Hawaii.  WVU will probably run the table, Auburn is looking stronger and Cincy will probably still be undefeated and ranked at or around the Top 10 when they show up in Tampa.

We'll probably still be shut out in favor of a 1-loss team, but at least there would be some media outrage.

Archived