College Football Live - ESPN2 disses the Bulls at #5!!

DouBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

More gratutious media dumping on the Bulls at #5.  The hosts ended the show examining whether BC and USF were really the #4 and 5 teams.  They concluded that BC was for real but that "no way is USF better than Oklahoma or Florida.  The fact that BC jumped over USF shows you what they thought about USF as well".

What crap!  As if the voters are anointed oracles (pardon to the paper...used to work there ::) ) who's every pick is truth.  Made me want to cancel cable.....until I came to my senses and thought about catching the next game with the Bullies!!  >:D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,934
  • Days Won:  22

Remind me again WHO has BC beaten?

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We may not be #5, but we are sure as hell ahead of BC.

And, whether people like it or not, we are the 5th ranked team in the nation. There is no point in discussing where we "belong." We are where we are.

• Content Count:  869

We only belong there if we beat UCF this weekend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,333
  • Days Won:  30

Exactly ... I was waiting for him to back it up with facts.

We have beat two ranked teams.

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

this conversation is getting old already.

everybody loved us when we were the "trendy" darkhorse pick in the offseason.

now that we're #5 in the polls, we're the "trendy" pick to get shat on with all this "overrated" talk.

first Saban, then Jimmy Johnson, the douchebags at Gameday, the FSU student newspaper, PTI, CFB Live, etc. etc. etc.

did we back into the Top 5?  sure... we probably wouldn't be there if Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, USC, Wisconsin, or the other "traditional" schools hadn't lost.  but then again, neither would BC, Cal or OSU.

the difference between us and them is that we BEAT a Top 5 team to get into the top 5.  we were one of those teams 2 weeks ago that knocked off one of the big boys.  BC, Cal and OSU cant say that.  even LSU cant say that.

regardless, the polls right now dont matter.  we are within striking distance.  when the dust settles at the end of the season and we've finished out our schedule, we'll know where we "belong."  until then, the Bulls just need to keep winning.

• Content Count:  5,691

this weekend i will be rooting for a team i can't stand

go ND!

payback bc for all those upsets in the past.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It shouldn't matter that people perceive OU or UF better than us... if those teams lose, they f*** themselves over and don't belong in the title hunt.  If we are there because other teams lose, so be it.  OU i think obviously could beat us.  they are awesome... but we don't play them, and they lost to a not so good colorado team.  THEY LOST!  They aren't winning the games they are supposed to.  UF has 2 losses.  They are toast.  For anyone to say they are better than us is ridiculous considering what has transpired so far.  Could they beat us?  yep... could we beat them.  I bet we could too.  But we won't know, and all we do know is that they have 2 losses and we beat an opponent they lost too.  Therefore, for now, we are better.  Anyone that says otherwise at THIS VERY point in the season, is flat out wrong.  Tradition means nothing within 1 single season.. or shouldn't mean as much as it apparently does to some people.

We are #5 and got here because we won big games where other teams are losing big games.  If USC/UF/etc won their games, then they would have a case.

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

It shouldn't matter that people perceive OU or UF better than us... if those teams lose, they f*** themselves over and don't belong in the title hunt.  If we are there because other teams lose, so be it.  OU i think obviously could beat us.  they are awesome... but we don't play them, and they lost to a not so good colorado team.  THEY LOST!  They aren't winning the games they are supposed to.  UF has 2 losses.  They are toast.  For anyone to say they are better than us is ridiculous considering what has transpired so far.  Could they beat us?  yep... could we beat them.  I bet we could too.  But we won't know, and all we do know is that they have 2 losses and we beat an opponent they lost too.  Therefore, for now, we are better.  Anyone that says otherwise at THIS VERY point in the season, is flat out wrong.  Tradition means nothing within 1 single season.. or shouldn't mean as much as it apparently does to some people.

We are #5 and got here because we won big games where other teams are losing big games.  If USC/UF/etc won their games, then they would have a case.

all good points.

critics and analysts need to understand that the polls arent about "who can beat who."  u dont rank OU above USF because OU would most likely beat us.  u rank them based on who they've beaten and who (if any) they've lost to.

if polls were about ranking who can beat who, Auburn would be ranked above Florida right now, Stanford above USC and Colorado above OU.  they have PROVEN that they can beat those teams... but they're not ranked higher.  why?  because the totality of their season thus far has not surpassed that of the teams they beat.

when comparing two teams that DONT play eachother--- i.e. BC and USF--- u dont compare who would beat who in a hypothetical matchup, but who they have actually beaten. 

oh well... this is what CFB is about.  controversy and hypotheticals.

• Content Count:  1,386

BC (6-0)

Win vs Wake Forest (3-2, L @BC, L Nebraska, W Army, W Maryland, W @Duke)

Win vs NC State (1-5, L UCF, L @BC, W I-AA Wofford, L Clemson, L Louisville, L @FSU)

Win @#15 Ga Tech (3-3, W @Notre Dame,  W I-AA Samford, L BC,  L @Virginia, W Clemson, L @Maryland)

Win vs Army (3-3, L @Akron, W I-AA Rhode Island, L @Wake Forest, L @ BC, W Temple, W Tulane)

Win vs I-AA Mass (4-1)

Win vs Bowling Green (3-2, W @Minnesota, L @Michigan, W Temple, W W. Kentucky, L @BC)

USF (5-0)

Win vs I-AA Elon (3-2)

Win @#17 Auburn (4-2, W Kansas St, L USF, L Miss St, W New Mexico St, W @UF, W Vandy)

Win vs UNC (2-4, W I-AA James Madison, L @ECU, L Virginia, L @USF, L @Va Tech, W Miami)

Win vs #5 WVa (5-1, W W. Michigan, W @Marshall, W @Maryland, W ECU, L @USF, W @Syracuse)

Win @FAU (3-3, W MTSU, L @Ok St, W Minnesota, W @N. Texas, L @Kentucky, L USF)

The Ga Tech win is the key as to why BC is ranked over USF.

BC beat Ga Tech, who beat Notre Dame, who beat UCLA, who beat Stanford, who beat #2 USC! Also Ga Tech beat Clemson who beat FSU. And BC beat Wake Forest who beat Maryland who beat Rutgers

Now if USF beats UCF this weekend, then it would be this...

USF beat UCF, who beat NC State, who beat Wofford, who beat App St, who beat Michigan, who beat Notre Dame, who beat UCLA, who beat Stanford, who beat #2 USC!

That coupled with USF beating Auburn who beat Florida who beat Tenn who just beat #12 Georgia and Auburn who beat Kansas St who beat Texas. UNC who beat Miami who beat Texas A&M. WVa who beat Maryland who beat Rutgers.

That should even out the CFB Algebra, so it would come down to who beat ranked teams.

BC beat then ranked #15 Ga Tech who is now 3-3, unranked and not receiving votes.

USF beat then ranked #17 Auburn who is now 4-2, #22 AP and #25 Coaches. USF also beat then ranked #5 WVa who is now 5-1, #8 AP and #9 Coaches.

And the ultimate, USF is playing the mighty CFL Knights, darling of the college football world. Even a loss to such a wonderful team would raise USF above BC who is playing lowly Notre Dame, a school not half as great as Cent FL.

And now good night as I'm all sarcasmed out.  ;D

Kizarvexis

Archived