what has BC done to be ranked better than USF?

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Well, their offense can put points on the board.  I have been following this team for the last few years and I am interested in how well they are doing after losing their coach.

Our offense needs to put points on the board at will....This is what BC has done to earn the #4 spot.  CONSISTANCY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  22,774
  • Days Won:  53

Well, their offense can put points on the board.  I have been following this team for the last few years and I am interested in how well they are doing after losing their coach.

Our offense needs to put points on the board at will....This is what BC has done to earn the #4 spot.  CONSISTANCY

The sad thing is that I feel we are so close.  A drop here a fumble here...  If we just clean up the mistakes I bet we would be doing fine.  Judging by the FAU game, we can't always rely on a team to turn the ball over 5+ times.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

thank god we have a 5-0 record right now. I know we all want our team to improve their performance all the time but I find too often that we pick apart the team whether we win or lose. It's a good discussion-- don't get me wrong-- but if someone were reading this that had no idea what our record was, they would assume we just lost the last game.

• Content Count:  4,503

Boston College has just won.  They really have the tough part of their schedule after they play ND this weekend.  V-Tech.maryland FSU and Clemson  followed by Miamia if you still consider them tough.

• Content Count:  849

BC is coming up onto the meat of its schedule soon. They have a tough gauntlet of games to go through including Va Tech, FSU, Clemson and Miami with notre dame in there. If they aren't that good they will lose 1 or 2 games and the rankings will take care of themselves.

LSU still has Kentucky, Bama, Auburn, and Arkansas and the SEC championship game, I doubt they lose anyone of those games but its possible.

Cal still has to play Arizona State, UCLA and USC. I doubt they go undefeated.

Ohio Sate also has a tough slate coming up with Michigan State, @Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and @ Michigan. I think it will be tough to go undefeated with that slate.

We have UCF, @Rutgers @Uconn, Cincy, Louisville(they still have a good offense) and @ Pitt(Very cold)

I'd say if we win out, the rankings will take care of themselves.

• Content Count:  3,403

Please, everyone who is saying BC should be ranked ahead of us is ignoring the week before.  We beat 2 teams that are better than anyone BC has played.

The team we struggled against is better than UMass, the team that was down by 3 points to BC late in the 3rd quarter and only lost by 10.

• Content Count:  1,016

We have to keep winning and hope that our opponent win their other games.  The Pollsters will still vote with their Biases.

Cinci and UConn could very well be ranked when we play them.  If so we have the potential to beat 4 ranked teams.  There will be only a few teams with a resume like that.   

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

our credentials are better by far

we beat #17 AUB now #22

we beat #5 WVU now #8

I don't know that our credentials are so great, other than we are undefeated and in a BCS conference which means we get hyped more than non-BCS schools.

We beat #22 Auburn in OT on the road, so that puts us somewhere in the top-20.

We beat WVU, who has beaten 5 other D1 schools, including 3 games on the road. Again, I can see making a case where that puts WVU in the top 25, and we would have to be ranked ahead of them of course...but #5 looks to be exaggerated based on a couple of factors - the BCS hype, and the amount of parity in D1 this year.

Apparently, the fact that BC is ranked #4 ahead of us speaks to the same factors. There's a lot of games ahead and everything will continue to shake out.

• Content Count:  5,268
  • Days Won:  2

They struggled against the #2 I-AA team in the nation... and an INTRA-CITY rival.  If FAU was "up" for the USF Game, imagine UMass playing in the same city as BC and how much that would mean...

not for nothin, but the home campus of the UMass MinuteMen is not in Boston, it's in Amherst-- about 100 miles west of Boston.

in-state rivalry nonetheless, and one with alot more history than USF-FAU, which isn't even a rivalry.

still, BC's wins (unranked Wake, currently unranked GT) aren't as impressive as AU and WVU. their combined FBS opponent record is something like 13-17, USF's is 14-10 (minus FCS).

as good as UMass is (and it doesnt hurt me to say that since my family is originally from Mass and some are UMass alum), beating UMass by 10 at home is no more impressive than USF beating FAU by 12 on the road.

BC is ranked higher simply because they have more history, and because the Big East is still the BCS doormat conference--- despite how pathetic the ACC has been the past few years.  pollsters are simply averse to ranking new teams "too high."

that said, i could honestly care less about the polls right now.  the higher we go, the more people are gonna scream "overrated" (see FAU fans) and try that much harder to knock us off.  when the dust clears and the regular season is over then we can start evaluating where we should be, because at that point it will be relevent to our bowl selection. 

until then, the team just needs to keep playing and fans should just enjoy the ride (but not the long lines for student tickets... lol)

.02 from a "n00b"

• Content Count:  1,334

not struggle against a team in the Sun Belt.

Struggling vs a 1-aa is better?

Archived