ESPN GAME DAY: "USF #5? ...No way!"

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Maybe LSU was looking ahead towards UF because they were beating Tulane 10-9 in the second half. Now, how does that look?? Where is the outcry about LSU struggling against Tulane??? We struggle against a motivated FAU team, and now we are getting all this ' They dont belong talk"" I really hope the players use this as added motivation because the disrespect towards USF is comical at best.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

If they have Oklahoma in top 5 then they are idiots.  Guys dont worry about it.  Keep doing what your doing.  Its not fair but they are not gonna give you as much credibility as they do to Oklahoma...all you can do is show them and prove them wrong

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Its that **** tradionalist attitude again.  What has Oklahoma done to deserve a top 5 ranking more than USF?  Take a look at their schedule, it makes Rutgers schedule look tough.  Their only 2 big wins are against a bad Miami team and a Texas team that will barely be hanging on to a top 25 ranking.....not to mention a loss to a bad Colorado team.  And thats not even getting into BC, and the "impressive" victories over a 3-2 Wake team and a 3-3 Ga Tech team.  Wow, they've truly proven to be a better team than USF. 

• Content Count:  635

people like offense, and OU has tons of it.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Auburn fans cant be fans of the system either. I remember that they got really screwed not long ago in the polls. Auburn should have played for the championship that year, but Oklahoma and Southern Cal kept winning. We need to have some kind of playoff in my opinion because some teams are going to get screwed.

• Content Count:  330

Auburn fans cant be fans of the system either. I remember that they got really screwed not long ago in the polls. Auburn should have played for the championship that year, but Oklahoma and Southern Cal kept winning. We need to have some kind of playoff in my opinion because some teams are going to get screwed.

The later in the season it gets ESPN (talking heads) become all about STYLE points..  Auburn that season was like USF is this year. They had some ugly wins ie. USF - FAU, but wins none the less. So yes your right, USF is on track to get screwed. I'm like coach JL tho, worry about the next task at hand, the other stuff you have no control over.  :gobulls

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I don't know that I can disagree with what they said.  We keep winning and we will get there, but we did not look good against FAU yesterday.

********... Go back and listen to Corso's comment about BC.  "What more do you want them to do.  They have won every game"  Why doesn't that apply to USF?  They had the same game last week we had today against a 1AA UMASS.

These guys don't want to give us the credit we deserve.

He said a bit more than that, namely that they won each game "convincingly".  USF just needs to keep winning and they will be top 5, but I would have to jump BC ahead of us.  My only complaint it is that when more established teams struggle it was "a down day" or "looking ahead".  It is only a week 6 poll, way to early to get upset about a few places.  Give it time, these things will sort themselves out.

• Content Count:  22,774
  • Days Won:  53

The later in the season it gets ESPN (talking heads) become all about STYLE points..  Auburn that season was like USF is this year. They had some ugly wins ie. USF - FAU, but wins none the less. So yes your right, USF is on track to get screwed. I'm like coach JL tho, worry about the next task at hand, the other stuff you have no control over.  :gobulls

Yeah I could see this.  I do also think that we played a horrible game against FAU and probably don't deserve to be #5 anyway.  Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  498

With the way they are all we know is that USC will also be back in their top 5 next week, because it is acceptable to lose to a crappy team in the prior week, a la OKLAHOMA, but not win bad to a crappy team.  I dont see FAU not being able to compete with teams like Stanford and Colorado.

• Content Count:  22,774
  • Days Won:  53

With the way they are all we know is that USC will also be back in their top 5 next week, because it is acceptable to lose to a crappy team in the prior week, a la OKLAHOMA, but not win bad to a crappy team.  I dont see FAU not being able to compete with teams like Stanford and Colorado.

Dude USC always gets to be in the top 5 no matter what Beavers and Bruins they lose to.

Archived