90th Ranked!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

90th in defense, but 2nd in the nation in forcing turnovers, so they were on the mark with that yesterday.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,934
  • Days Won:  22

There is no way to sugar coated our offense has not been great and our passing attack nonexistent. If we want to beat Cincy down the road our offense has to stop giving the ball over and we MUST develop a passing game once again.

I hope our coaches are developing some changes because right now our offense specially the pasing is too predictable by opponents.

• Content Count:  4,503

Our defense is going to have an occasional "off" day like yesterday.

It would be nice to know that our offense had the ability to pick up the slack on the rare occasion where that happens, but at this point, there is no sign our offense has the ability to do that.

Yes, normally our defense will win us games.  But when they're not playing "lights out," the offense needs to make up the difference.

We're almost half-way through the season, and the offense is still stuck back in Spring ball.

:rainy    :rainy    :rainy 

Since you like emotes so much.

:ROFLMAO

ohhhhh  -  last week was afull - turnovers  dang it we won.

this week offense is playing spring ball  -  dang it we won.

What, you post enough complaints so when we finally lose a game "See  I TOLD YOU ".

Mid-Atlantic-Bull -  I swear if you where the guy in that famous Paris Hilton video, you would be saying - The lighting was bad and I am much bigger then i look on film .

:wah

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It would be nice to know that our offense had the ability to pick up the slack on the rare occasion where that happens, but at this point, there is no sign our offense has the ability to do that.

Yes, normally our defense will win us games.  But when they're not playing "lights out," the offense needs to make up the difference.

We're almost half-way through the season, and the offense is still stuck back in Spring ball.

:rainy    :rainy    :rainy   

Since you like emotes so much.

:ROFLMAO

ohhhhh  -  last week was afull - turnovers   dang it we won.

this week offense is playing spring ball  -  dang it we won.

What, you post enough complaints so when we finally lose a game "See  I TOLD YOU ".

Mid-Atlantic-Bull -  I swear if you where the guy in that famous Paris Hilton video, you would be saying - The lighting was bad and I am much bigger then i look on film .

:wah

Where to even begin in response to this post??

::)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

There is no way to sugar coated our offense has not been great and our passing attack nonexistent.

One would think not.

But one would be incorrect.

We have several regular posters here who I swear must be getting paid by USF to sugar coat the ugly parts of our games.

Nobody is saying we suck and we're doomed. 

It's so totally awesome how some of you guys think it's out of line to look at games objectively, compliment the positives, and criticize the negatives.

You are the few, the proud, the ones who are the laughing stock and the ones who Steve Duemig actually has a point on........the fans who cannot see a single downside or weakness in the USF program.

Keep it up fellas..........it's really quite hilarious and most entertaining.  :thumbsup :thumbsup

• Content Count:  431

I know MAB can be negative, but I'm not sure why so many are ganging up on him for this post because of his history. He's not saying the offense isn't capable, we all saw the passing game last year, he's saying that there is currently something wrong with the execution of the offense, and he's right.

With the exception of Randolph and Green, these are the same people from last year's passing game and we have taken a step back rather than a step forward. My guess would be that the new OC is more concerned with establishing a competent and consistent running game and worrying less about the passing game. One obvious reason for that would be clock control. Last year we had trouble with this even though we could pass and move the ball down the field that way. Leavitt even specifically mentioned clock management at the end of yesterday's game. However, this mindset scares me because if we get down early in the game and do not have a consistent passing game we will not be able to get back in it. But think of the other variables the OC would consider when making this type of decision (e.g. other BE teams' scoring ability, our D's ability to keep scoring low). We should also consider the youth of the offense and establishing these things properly for the current guys on the field is a multi-year effort for the OC.

Here's to establishing consistent running AND passing this year.

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

I agree completely... There's going to come a day when our defense is off and we're going to need to score 5 td's ... probably running the ball because our passiing game is off .... maybe we'll even have to get 4 td's out of that scout team player Williams ... I sure hope when that day comes, our offense is ready to pick up the slack.

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

IMO - The recievers are not running the correct routes and/or are not concentrating enough on simply catching the ball. Sometimes they seem to be concentrating on their first move BEFORE the ball is secure enough to be completed. Or one step after causing the fumbles.

IMO - Grothe has gotten his mechanics off and is not set to make some of his throws. He's thrown behind way to many open recievers, or in the case of the WVU game, short.

IMO - If we correct those two very coachable problems, 13 - 0.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  695

Yeah I am with Mid-Atlantic-Bull, there has been something wrong with our offense. With a QB like Grothe we need to be getting more out of our passing game, we have some good receivers. At least the running game looked good, but where was Mike Ford?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

I won't say that we don't have problems with our offensive execution. I am also not 100% hapy with the play calling. We seemed to be able to run it on FAU pretty well. But we tried to push the balanced attack when it was unwarranted.

Had we just kept running the ball, we may have worn them down. The strange thing is that we did go through some stages where we attempted that and FAU adjusted quickly and shut us down, forcing a 3rd and long passing situation. throw that in with the recent turnover problems and I will agree that we have plenty of room for improvement.

So there is some work to do both in our game planning and our execution. IF we can get that resolved, it will help the defense out immensely since good ball control will keep them fresh. It was brutally hot at FAU imo-- and we had to rely on the defense more than we shouldhave had to do. Also-- we didn't seem to be 100% strength on D.

I will say this much-- Williams ran very well yesterday. Grothe had several very nice runs. He had some success throwing the ball too. But there always seemed to be a play that would be a drive killer/momentum crusher. Some of that was FAU, some of it was on our coaches/players.

Winning under those conditions is kind of a good sign-- it means we have the strength to overcome poor play with sout defense and timely offense. I can understand the frustration though-- you see excellence mixed in with mediocrity and scratch your head and ask-- wtf is going on here?

Pull back for a moment and realize the coaches see this just as much as we do. Don't think Leavitt is resting on our accomplishments and going with the status quo. Trust in him-- he is your ally in this perception.

And if it comes to it-- and Gregory is not grading out as geting the job done, CJL will make the tough decision.

at least that's my take. I wasn't totally happy with our performance at times either. But then I looked at the scoreboard and took a step back and let myself relax.

Last point-- sometimes I get the impression that our team kind of plays to the level of the competition. I'm not saying they were overlooking FAU by any means-- but that they get comfortable controlling the game one they get a lead. We kind of sit on it-- not unlike other teams. The fan in you is screaming for them pound this team into the turf. But the coaches aren't pressing the point. That's probably for the best since pushing th matter mighthave led to serious errors. We were never losing in that game -- a good thing-- but like Elon, we (the fans) wanted to show the country we deserved the ranking-- we wanted a showpiece score-- domination. FAU-- to their credit was aiming for the upset. Somewhere in the middle, they met. Reminded me somewhat of USF playing Oklahoma several years ago-- statistically we were dominating but failed to do so where it mattered -- the scoreboard. End result-- same as if the highly touted team destroyed the up and comer-- a W for the expected winner.

Archived