90th Ranked!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

That's what our offense does against the 90th ranked defense??

Wow.

That's frightening seeing as how we have Rutgers & Cincy still on the docket.

Coach Gregory may be done after one year if things don't DRASTICALLY turn around in a hurry.

Yesterday's game puts us @ 76th nationally in total offense, and a whopping 99th in passing offense!!

This hearkens back to the illustrious Julmiste era.

We're doing sooooooo much less with soooooooo many more weapons than we've ever had right now.

Ultimately comes down to coaching in the end.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

They may be 90th ranked, but FAU was playing the game of their lives against USF. Anyone that watches enough college football should understand that this game against FAU was going to be a battle. I expect the same thing next weekend against UCF.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

They may be 90th ranked, but FAU was playing the game of their lives against USF. Anyone that watches enough college football should understand that this game against FAU was going to be a battle. I expect the same thing next weekend against UCF.

FAU playing the game of their lives notwithstanding, our offense is EXTREMELY ragged this year.

• Content Count:  21,568
  • Days Won:  10

Why is our offense extremely ragged this year MidAtlanticBull?  We should have the receivers we need, we have the QB and the running backs I am not sure why we can not get it put together in a game.

I think our offense looked ok against UNC unlike Miami's offense looked against the Tarheels yesterday. The point is that we are not a great offense like WVU, but we are still winning games with just enough offense. Does it scare me?? Yes, but I think we have the players on offense that will start turning things around. I just want them to take care of the ball and not turn it over. If we limit the turnovers then our offense will be that much better.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Our defense is going to have an occasional "off" day like yesterday.

It would be nice to know that our offense had the ability to pick up the slack on the rare occasion where that happens, but at this point, there is no sign our offense has the ability to do that.

Yes, normally our defense will win us games.  But when they're not playing "lights out," the offense needs to make up the difference.

We're almost half-way through the season, and the offense is still stuck back in Spring ball.

• Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

We struggled because there was no emotional attachment to this game. We don't hate them, i.e. UCiF; We don't have a rivalry with them; UM...soon =). We just did enough to win the game. However, after their RB jumped into the endzone like R. Bush against the Bears last year, the D came to play! They needed motivation and they got it at the most crucial time possible. Sometimes a "C" game effort still beats other people's/teams "A" game. It is better than the alternative. In the words of Derrick Brooks, "I have been around for pretty losses and ugly wins...and I will take an ugly win on any day of the week".

• Content Count:  145

Our defense is going to have an occasional "off" day like yesterday.

It would be nice to know that our offense had the ability to pick up the slack on the rare occasion where that happens, but at this point, there is no sign our offense has the ability to do that.

Yes, normally our defense will win us games.  But when they're not playing "lights out," the offense needs to make up the difference.

We're almost half-way through the season, and the offense is still stuck back in Spring ball.

I totally agree with you at this point our offense has real issues.  Anyone that says differently is just being myopic.  They, meaning Grothe and the boys have been incosistent at best.  Receivers and Running Backs fumbling...Receivers dropping passes and Grothe being far from being accurate at times.

The positives to date so far have been the play of our offensive lines and the ability to make splash plays of offense that has created most of our scoring opportunities.

Our offense is going to have to get it going at some point or 'in my opinion'...we don't go undefeated.

Grothe and Benjamin Williams had over 100 yards rushing, so I fail to see why the offense is struggling right now. The only problem I see is that we have been turning the ball over too much, and we have too many drop balls. You cant blame the play calling for those fumbles and dropped balls.

• Content Count:  10,219

FAU play as good as our defense this game ...give the owls some credit, they had a great game plan and executed it very well. also give our team/coaches some credit as well we took their best punch and remained standing at the end of the game.

go bulls!

Archived