Offense is out of sync

Blackice12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,779
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if it is Grothe or the WRs and TEs but they need to get it together prior to Big East play.  Grothe also needs to find the open reciever.  Several times during the games he will miss the open reciever and took off running.  The ball needs to be in the hands of the skills guys other than the QB.  Lets hope they correct this really soon because I do not see the defense carrying the team all year.

• Content Count:  1,299

IMO, I dont think we were out of sync..  We have lousy offensive designs. We played against FLA guys who can run well.  We need more aggressive on offensive.  All passing plays I have seen so far is hook or short inside route.  only deep pass once.  No post.. No fade..No screen play.. No bootleg.. FAU did good job to keep front of MattG since he is not that tall.  FAU did good job to keep Selvie out of the game all day except they missed an assignment once where he got a sack.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

I think the plan was for Grothe to run more this game-- if he saw an opening, he took off and got some decent yardage. One play he ran for a long TD. So it wasn't a bad thing-- it was a little more like last year in that regard.

We were able to run on this team-- power running was working and Williams-- other than few turnovers-- had a whale of a game. Props to Amarri for some key blocks and catches today too.

But I agree-- we need to improve on offense. DO you ever get the feeling we tend to play to the level of our competition? I'm getting that impression. Hope we steamroll UCF this year-- but I won't be surprised if we see a game like we saw today. Maybe the crowd will make a difference

Guest JulmisteForPrez

We're not interested in winning games by more than a score or so.

Whether we play Tijuana Tech or LSU, we're going to keep it REEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY close.

I hate that.

• Content Count:  1,386

But I agree-- we need to improve on offense. DO you ever get the feeling we tend to play to the level of our competition? I'm getting that impression. Hope we steamroll UCF this year-- but I won't be surprised if we see a game like we saw today. Maybe the crowd will make a difference

I agree. We do tend to play to the competition. USF has grown out of the penalty problem (averaging 6.6 for 56.6 yards per game this year), so maybe USF can grow out of this as well. I certainly hope the team is ready for UCF's run game this week.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  1,457

IMO, I dont think we were out of sync..  We have lousy offensive designs. We played against FLA guys who can run well.   We need more aggressive on offensive.  All passing plays I have seen so far is hook or short inside route.  only deep pass once.  No post.. No fade..No screen play.. No bootleg.. FAU did good job to keep front of MattG since he is not that tall.  FAU did good job to keep Selvie out of the game all day except they missed an assignment once where he got a sack.

I thing USF has improved each game since last year's season.  This was a killer of a game - emotionally, physically, socially.  The FAU student/athletes are Florida boys from Miami.  The USF student/athletes are Florida boys from Tampa.  That is what the game was - Tampa v Miami and....well....you know the rest of the story.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I agree that FAU deserves the respect for playing a good game. They have florida athletes that will win them games. Dont forget that FIU gave USF a game last year, so I was really worried about going down there and playing FAU. A win by FAU puts them on the map, and it would help recruiting for sure. The only thing holding FAU back right now is a BCS conference and fan support. Otherwise, Coach Howard Schnellenberger is a proven winner as a coach. I am glad that we got the W.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

look at this...2006 through five games we were 3-2 and avg 22.6 PTs per game....2007 5-0 32.2 pts per game...so we are getting better and our competition has been better in 07 through 5...

• Content Count:  1,386

look at this...2006 through five games we were 3-2 and avg 22.6 PTs per game....2007 5-0 32.2 pts per game...so we are getting better and our competition has been better in 07 through 5...

In 2006, USF allowed 82 points (16.4) and scored 113 points (22.6) against McNeese St (win), FIU (win), @UCF (win), @Kansas (loss) and vs #23 Rutgers (loss).

In 2007, USF allowed 82 points (16.4) and scored 147 points (29.4) against Elon (win), @#17/13Auburn (win), #5W. Virginia (win), UNC (win), and @FAU (win).

Yes, USF is doing better this year than last, but the expectations are also higher as USF is now ranked in the Top 25.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  385

I think there is something off with Grothe too, but our receivers seem to be dropping more balls this year than any that I can think of in the last few seasons. 

Archived