News on Ford

redsoxbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Please tell me how Ford missing a class somehow validates Saban's ignorant and uninformed comments

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

orlando bull...i think we all are disappointed that he missed class and hurt the team...

BUT, i think its your choice of words that are not appropriate when you called him an "IDIOT"

you are using his past (non qualifier) as reason to come down harder on him as a fan  but keep in mind he was just a kid at that point and kids make stupid mistakes all the time.  im not saying Ford deserves a free pass cause he can run a little bit, but save the harsh words.  its ok to be disappointed...but its always a learning process and if Mike becomes a better MAN because of all of this, then its for the better.  he has a little daughter to raise and I hope Leavitt does what ever is necessary to make sure Mike has a bright future, either as a bull football player or a college student.

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

Holy crap guys. Saban made a comment about our achedemics. Then the one player that is most questionable is suspended for missing class. You don't get that???????

He opened the door for the media to be on the lookout for anything questionable. This is beyond questionable. Leavitt handled it very well, so I don't think they can draw any parallels there, but it doesn't look good for us.

orlando bull...i think we all are disappointed that he missed class and hurt the team...

BUT, i think its your choice of words that are not appropriate when you called him an "IDIOT"

you are using his past (non qualifier) as reason to come down harder on him as a fan  but keep in mind he was just a kid at that point and kids make stupid mistakes all the time.  im not saying Ford deserves a free pass cause he can run a little bit, but save the harsh words.  its ok to be disappointed...but its always a learning process and if Mike becomes a better MAN because of all of this, then its for the better.  he has a little daughter to raise and I hope Leavitt does what ever is necessary to make sure Mike has a bright future, either as a bull football player or a college student.

I agree, idiot was harsh. Didn't know Ford had a kid, thought that was Taylor. My big thing was that when you have been through what he has been through, I would think that it would make you that much more focused on doing the right thing. And I agree that I hope that this makes him a better man. Most of my first reaction comments were based on the fact that we really needed him today and he was unavailable.

I think I am done with this thread. Instead of putting the blame on the player, I am getting attacked for saying that he let his team down.

I don't think that what Saban said was true, but when achedemics are questioned one week, then there is an achedemic issue the next week, it doesn't look good.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

I didn't say I'm not disappointed in him.  I'm just not going to make huge assumptions about what happened.  He may have missed a class or two that he didn't feel he needed to be at.  Or he may have decided two skip classes all week.  I don't know and I'm not going to make something up.

When I took Chem I, after the first two classes I never went again except for the exams.  I got an "A".  The professor was a lousy speaker, and I had enough Chemistry in high school to do well studying from the book.  I know the athlete's have to go to every class, but I'm glad I didn't have to.  I did go to classes I needed to, whether I felt like it or not.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Holy crap guys. Saban made a comment about our achedemics. Then the one player that is most questionable is suspended for missing class. You don't get that???????

I really don't think that Saban is dumb enough to make a comment about a guy that had been accepted to Alabama.  That would kind of defeat his argument, wouldn't it?

there are guys who miss classes every week at every school.  i just think that leavitt is taking a no nonsense rule with Ford....for good reason.

either way, moving forward i think this will make Ford realize how quick it can all be gone.  everything he worked so hard for the last 2 years.  Leavitt is no dummy.  UCF needs to be on a Ford Watch next week

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

I totally agree with that. Thermodynamics wasn't one I went to regularly. Wish I could get by with not going to Chem though, that class kicked my ***.

That was why I used my sister as an example though, athletes don't have that luxury generally. It is even more important when you are in the national spot light like we now are.

Sorry for any harsh comments, I was just a little fired up. Leavitt handled it perfectly as usuall, and I hope it is nipped in the bud.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I don't question his talent for a second, and I am sure other players have missed classes.

Most of our other players didn't have to miss two years of football because of their grades. If he really loved it, he would be working his *** off to keep his grades up. Also, with the comments by Saban last week (directed at him for the most part), that is pretty stupid.

And how do you know it was directed at him.  Surely you know what happens when you assume.  Ford would have been accepted to Alabama.

There is no excuse. My sister was an athlete at USF, and all the times I skipped class, she knew that it would kill her to miss a class, she went sick, tired, and injured, but she was always there.

What happened was, we won a big game, and Mike decided that it would be OK if he took a day off, it's not OK, when you are in the spot light, you have to be more careful than before.

And you know this how?  You have amazing knowledge of actual events.  Do you follow Ford around all day?

Wow, my bad, didn't know this was so touchy. Basically, I am very dissapointed that Ford spent two whole years getting back on the field, and he isn't sticking with it. I know he would have been accepted into Bama, I have been arguing that all week, my point was that by anyone doing something like this, it validates Saban's comments.

If you aren't dissappointed in Ford, then I apologize if my displeasure is a problem for you. If I am anything though, it is a team player. Growing up playing baseball and football, I can't imagine doing anything that would let my team down like that. It's not about him any more, there are 100+ other people on the team, and 67,000+ of us that were there last week that are depending on every single person on the team to do all that they can to win football games.

Obviously, I don't know all of the events that have transpired, but it is still dissappointing to me that this happened to this kid. I hope he has learned his lesson and Leavitt doesn't have to punish his TEAM again.

How does this "validate" anything, or than Leavitt showing that he takes his players academics serious?

Some of you guys don't get it....

when i said "there are guys who miss class every week and every school"  i was referring to football players...

not just students in general.

• Content Count:  3

all you gibronies make some decent arguments.  the only thing i haven't seen mentioned is how many classes you dudes have skipped other than that one guy's sister who was obviously mother theresa.  i'm in graduate school at usf and think it's a solid school.  i went to undergrad at an ivy league institution and probably only attended about 75% of my classes.  did this work out okay for me?  i'll be an M.D.  in 7 months.  let's stop tearin this kid up for missing a few classes... at least that's what we are assuming he did.  he f'd up.. he's a kid.. it's a game... go to bed idiots.

Archived