Ford / GIVE FORD THE DANG BALL

WWMJD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

averaging over 5 yards a carry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, yeahhh, you do realize that Williams averaged 7.4 yards per touch yesterday, right?

This is pissing me off!!!

I get pissed off when uninformed fans get on a website 8 hours after the game and start running smack without taking the time to actually LOOK to see if the reason is already out there, which it was.

I don't have time to search through every post to find something.  Everyone in my section was asking the same question about Ford too.  And yeah ben started to play better in the second half but he is a better outside runner and is great in open space.  I don't see why Ford isn't getting at least half the carries in the other games.  

All you had to do was look at a blog to see what happened.  The point is that getting on here 8 hours later to rant about something which you are uninformed about is stupid.

Not to mention there were two threads already, one titled "Ford" and the other titled "News on Ford". Both of which were were still only a quarter of the way down this first page of posts when he posted this. So "time to research" would have taken nothing more than a quick scroll of the first page reading the subject titles.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

I was hearing chants "We want Ford" . . .  ::)

Williams ran for 184 yards and 4 TD !

People who want Ford because of reputation instead of a guy producing ?

Same as some of the talking heads that don't like USF being undefeated because we don't have tradition.

BBQ has peasantly suprised me at how good he is. He has a pretty goof bell ringer that the Docs were checking and he came back in to help seal this game.

I am not knocking Taylor or Ford, just saying that we have serious depth at RB.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

I think SingaBull gets the point.  Anyone else care to pile on?

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Ford will get the ball when he goes to class.

Mods, can this thread be removed??

• Content Count:  625
  • Days Won:  1

As the players were coming off the field and going into the locker room we were held up from leaving the stadium (there was an exit on the north side and we were walking back to the LaQuinta).

First, most players were very serious and it almost looked like they lost.

Mike Ford came by and was waiting by the locker room door when Jim came up to him and put his hand on Ford's shoulder then talked to him for a minute or two. It looked like a very serious and private conversation. Ford looked a little down but not angry.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry if this has been posted in other stuff, too bad.  What the freaking heck did Ford do to be sat the entire freaking game?  He is the best RB in the stadium and he doesn't play a down?  What because he fumbled twice last week?  He's a freshman and can learn from his mistakes.  He's not getting any better watching from the sidelines!!!

Why can't we mix up ford and williams?  Ford can pound it up the middle to wear out D's and Williams is good in open space.  What did Ford do to deserve this?  Did he talk back to a coach?  Did he show up late for a meeting?  I don't get it.  He's the best recruit we've ever had and is averaging over 5 yards a carry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is pissing me off!!!

You have lost your mind dude.  Williams was 25 for 186 and 4 TD's.  Give me a break.

• Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

Ben Williams is not a Div 1 RB.

Yeah, 186 yards and 4 TD's just does not cut it. ::)

• Content Count:  873

Same as some of the talking heads that don't like USF being undefeated because we don't have tradition.

BBQ has peasantly suprised me at how good he is. He has a pretty goof bell ringer that the Docs were checking and he came back in to help seal this game.

Go BULLS !!!

And again, I said williams had a good game.  I'm not taking that away.  But this anger has been a culmination of the entire season.  You watch Mike run and he is a beast.  Look at the guys he ran over at Auburn.  It has nothing to do with reputation.  The fact is ben williams has had one really good game in his history here and it was against FAU.  He's decent, but he doesn't have the power to punish.

As far as the passing, I was upset Saturday night that we threw ONE deep pass.  I mean, look at FAU.  They didn't connect that deep but they kept trying.  All I saw was short passes to the flats, crossing routes, and inside slants.  Nothing that stretched the field.  When you have a 6'5'' receiver why not send him deep and let him make a play?

It just seems too conservative right now.  Greggory needs to get more agressive.

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Go BULLS !!!

And again, I said williams had a good game.  I'm not taking that away.  But this anger has been a culmination of the entire season.  You watch Mike run and he is a beast.  Look at the guys he ran over at Auburn.  It has nothing to do with reputation.  The fact is ben williams has had one really good game in his history here and it was against FAU.  He's decent, but he doesn't have the power to punish.

As far as the passing, I was upset Saturday night that we threw ONE deep pass.  I mean, look at FAU.  They didn't connect that deep but they kept trying.  All I saw was short passes to the flats, crossing routes, and inside slants.  Nothing that stretched the field.  When you have a 6'5'' receiver why not send him deep and let him make a play?

It just seems too conservative right now.  Greggory needs to get more agressive.

Ben was the Papajohns.com Bowl MVP last season also. I think he had 100+ and 2 TDs in that one as well. He has looked great all season.

I too would like to see more of Ford, but not at the expense of his growing up. Leavitt did what was necessary in his eyes, and hopefully Ford is the better for it.

Gregory does seem conservative, but we aren't executing either. Matt threw two deep balls yesterday, they were good throws, a little long, but the receivers started diving before they needed to, and didn't keep running to try to catch up (not sure if they could). It will come together.

• Content Count:  509

I was one of the ones that made the trip down to the high school field known as Lockhart Stadium.  I was also one of the ones calling to see Mike Ford carry the ball.  Had I known Leavitt suspended him one game for missing classes, I wouldn't have had any problem with him sitting out the game.  This isn't UF, where off-field issues get swept under the rug.

Good game by B Williams.  He carried the load against FAU and got the job done.

Sidebar:  Which one among us hasn't skipped a class here and there during college. (or stole a car!)

Archived