Florida vs. USF

gatorlover97withsomebulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I can't really say who would win (although it's obvious who I want to win) but I can guarantee you it wouldn't be a blowout like most Gator fans seem to think

I don't think it'll be a blowout but I do think UF would win. I just can't see you guys matching up with Harvin and Tebow.

I'm not disputing that UF would be favored to win, don't count on it.  I believe our defense is as good any in the country.   You must have seen how we shut down Slaton, White and Devine last week.    Our offense needs a bit of tweaking, but I still think it would be a good game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

I can't really say who would win (although it's obvious who I want to win) but I can guarantee you it wouldn't be a blowout like most Gator fans seem to think

I don't think it'll be a blowout but I do think UF would win. I just can't see you guys matching up with Harvin and Tebow.

Yeah because defense is our weak point. Harvin's speed would kill us, and our LBs and DL can't tackle. Thats a great theory. We really don't match up well against speed, and pass defense is tough with two of the top 10 DBs in the Country.

You come here wanting a friendly thread about what we think, but then you make assanine comments that prove that you haven't wathed our team. I would say that WVU has avery comparable offense. White is a runner (like Tebow), he is probably a little smaller, but when you get 3-4 guys on him, it isn't a hard tackle. Harvin is a good receiver, but look at our secondary.

I don't mean to jump down your throat, but we have been hearing this all week. I will be happy to entertain any educated reasons that you guys would beat us. I think it would be a good game, I don't know if we could win or not, but your offense plays a game that our defense feeds on.

Your D is young, that would make it interesting. Obviously we aren't going to completely shut down your offense, but stopping the big plays will hurt you guys. (See Auburn 9/29/07).

Carry on, I have settled down now.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

We would win. See, that was easy.

Do you think Grothe is better than Tebow?

You probably arent going to get this joke, but

Grothe > Tebow

There is an extremely popular facebook group with that title(Grothe>Tebow), and they are selling shirts w/ that on it.

And it would be a good game, we would match up well. I dont know if we would win, so many factors in that like where the game is played, weather, etc. but it would be a tight game just based on the matchup.

• Content Count:  1,911

USF 28 UF 3

write it down

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Tebow would have no clue what hit him.

I'm sure UF would walk into this game thinking they were going to beat another directional school. They'd look down their noses at us only to end the game looking up from the flat of their backs.

• Content Count:  294

I don't engage in the whole Grothe is better than Tebow thing. They're both good. That said, I wouldn't trade a Matt for Tim - Matt's the man.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Do you think Grothe is better than Tebow?

That's what the T-shirt says.

And anything I read on a T-shirt, I believe.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

After attending all USF home games and several of UF's to this point in the season, USF would beat UF.  UF's defense has more holes than swiss cheese and their offense couldn't move the ball on us.

The Grothe vs. Tebow debate is not one that I want to get involved in because as a Bulls fan, I want the answer to go one way, but everything I've seen screams the other.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

hard to say-- it would be an entertaining game

At this point, I would have a hard time believing the spread would be very large-- and that in itself would be somewhat of a win for USF from a respect perspective. Tebow is a very interesting player-- I'm not sure he has been used correctly in Meyer's offense so far. By that I mean he is asked to run far too much against defenses that can handle his power game. Seems like they are playing with fire almost and ignoring the talented RBs they have as a result. This also detracts somewhat (atleast recently) from Tebow's passing game.

The odd thing for me is that Grothe seems to be in the reverse situation. He is running far less often (compared to last season) as we utilize our nice stable of RBs. That may be the safer choice to keep him from getting banged up. But it is not the mode he is accustomed to playing either last year or in his HS days. Not that we don't run Grothe-- we just rely less on him for the tough yards. Either way you slice it though-- both need to improve their passing attack somewhat and I expect this over time (perhaps over the season).

I'd put this as a pick em type of game. It would come down to turnovers and big plays. Anybodies game-- and really hard to say either team would dominate.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think that LSU will show UF tonight what a strong defense can do to control UF's offense, Tebow's gonna spend a lot of time on the turf.  USF would be able to do the same...

Archived