Does anyone really believe that we're the 6th best team in the country?

BullBullBullBullBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't understand the people that say we are not a number 6 team.  We earned it by beating the winingest team in college for the last three years, in their place, no less.  An almost impossible place to win.  Beating the same team that is the reigning national champs and was, until last week, the nuber 4/5 team.

Then we went and earned it by beating  the number 5 team that was on almost everyone's list to be in the NC game.  

We did not luck into those games.  We beat those two teams in physical contests.  Sure the scores were close, but were the games really that close?  We beat them up and we won.

The teams that were ranked ahead of us held their destiny in ther own hands.  They lost to teams that were ranked lower than we were.  My question is, if those teams were better than lesser teams, then why didn't they win?  Last time I checked the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game.  Not how pretty the uniform looks.  Not how many NC a team won 30 years ago.  All sports is a "what have you done for me lately" affair.  Wins and losses, baby, are the only thing that matter.  

I'll go a step further and say that not only are we deserving of a number 6 ranking.  We may be the 3rd or 4th best team in the country and getting better.  Cal is about 3 inches away from being a 1 loss team.  Wisconsin is not even favored against an unranked Illionois and Ohio State has their hands full the next two weeks.

I have not seen anything yet that would lead anyone to think we are not the number 6 best team.  Because we aren't running up and down the fileld every possession?  Sorry, no team, as Florida showed, is doing that against Auburn's defense.  WVU was a legit top 5 team and no team is going to run up and down on them for all 4 qtrs.  In addition to offense, there is also a defense and special teams.  As a COMPLETE team we are getting it done.

We are right where we deserve to be.  It has been earned and I expect to go higher in the next two weeks with a very good chance to go undefeated.  Maybe not likely, but a very good probablity.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I have to say NO, not yet anyway.  We have played one less game than most teams.  We have only played 1/3 of our games.  And our offense has not shown themselves to be a Top 10 team yet.

However, I have posted this before, I think our Defense can play any offense in the country.  Definitely they are top 10.

Our offense needs to begin playing at the caliber they are capable of.  Ford, Grothe, Taylor, Jackson, the OL, etc, need to step up.  So do our special teams.  We have a bunch of great players who are athletic, and have a lot of heart.  Now they just need to settle down and play ball.  I think they are capable, will they deliver though?

So the long answer is I think we can truly belong in the top 10 later in the season but do not feel we have earned it yet.  Just got lucky so many fell last week, but most of them will get back up on their games.  Will we?  I hope so.

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

Are we #6???  Who care, the rankings say we are so let's do like in Las Vegas and....LET IT RIDE BABY!!!!!

Like a fart in a loud night club....let it ride.  WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  4,503

Well I watched the # 7(KY) and #14 (USC)-(Harris Pole) play last night and I can tell you we are spoiled.  Both of those teams would kill to have our defense.  They looked slow - very slow and didn't hit like our guys.  The old axiom of defense wins championships or at least lets you compete un almost every game is so true.

Why is everyone locked in on the A/P ?  The other ones have us at #9 and #10.

Hell, Brady Ackerman just said on ESPN radio we would lose to UF,Miami,FSU and UCF(if we played them at Brighthouse).

Everyone has an opinion - and Old school power houses die hard.  You know  FSU-  of course they would beat USF.

Enjoy the ride.

• Content Count:  403

I was going to say the same thing... I watched the Kentucky vs South Carolina game last night and we look better than both of those teams..

• Content Count:  563

That game  was  boring...looked  liked  two Sunbelt teams.

• Content Count:  294

It's based on week to week performance, we played well enough to fill the void for those top 10 teams that lost last weekend. so YES!!

But could we beat a Florida?  Um....He11 Yes!

And you know - it really didn't take that long.  ;D

• Content Count:  186

Why shouldn't we be #6?  WHO is better than us?

If you ask me, we should be #4 and will be there soon enough because Ohio State & Wisconsin aren't anything to write home about.

Stop thinking small, thing BIG.

• Content Count:  60

#6? Nah, not right now, but #14 is more like it. It should be arriving at around 7:00pm tonight.

FAU Fan

Enjoy the game everyone.

Oh yeah. Don't forget the Kleenex.

• Content Count:  919

An FAU Fan stalking smack - now that is funny!

USF has earned their ranking.  The defense is sick and will give USF a chance to win every remaining game on its schedule.  If the offense gels, and quits turning the ball over, there is no reason USF can't retain that ranking.  Leavitt seems to have them focused on one game at a time, and lets see how it plays out. 

What a great time to be a Bulll!

Archived