Lower academic standards...

mw98gt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

Was just visiting the ESPN CFB board and here was a discussion snippet I took talking about the BE, I wonder if the poster takes it as truth or just trying to flame...

"well, Pitt, the 'Cuse, and WVU have been playing each other for 100 years, and Rutgers for at least the last 25

UofL came into the conference a very good team, and USF has the most recruiting talent in the country in their backyard (and less academic requirements than other schools)

Cinci and UConn have the least going for them, tho Cinci is starting to steal some recruits from some of the midwestern powers"

I think ESPN has to cover this more in detail and perhaps have a front page article becuase Saban should be held liable for slander and or the editor of the paper for libel.

• Content Count:  10,219

IGNORE saban

• Content Count:  498

I dont care what he says, but I do care how the national perceives our players and our coaches, they work to hard for this.  It was baseless and unneccessary, but some will take it as the gospel and think USF cheated to get to where they are.

• Content Count:  291

Yea im with you 98. Someone from ESPN needs to do a cover story to prove that Saban was wrong to clear our name. The nation is already perceiving we cheat when we don't b/c of it. All that work Leavitt/Players/Staff work out for like 2 weeks, then our name was tarnished by a attack, to most likely persuade players away from our school.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

To be honest it is not just Saban, Urban Meyer had some stupid quote a while back that he would be disappointed if he find out CJL cheated or something real stupid.  Bobby Bowden said something like he would be amazed if we can stay #6 (ok, that isn't that bad and while FSU has plenty of problems I don't think Bowden has an evil bone in his body).

I really think many of the big time programs are starting to feel threatened.  USF is very close to a lot of talent.  UF, FSU and even Alabama can tell kids there parents only have to drive x hours to see you play.  CJL can tell kids your parents only have to drive x minutes to see you play.  Maybe I am being overly paranoid, but it just seems like Saban will make a stupid comment like that to give him or other more established programs a recruiting edge.

• Content Count:  291

To be honest it is not just Saban, Urban Meyer had some stupid quote a while back that he would be disappointed if he find out CJL cheated or something real stupid.  Bobby Bowden said something like he would be amazed if we can stay #6 (ok, that isn't that bad and while FSU has plenty of problems I don't think Bowden has an evil bone in his body).

I really think many of the big time programs are starting to feel threatened.  USF is very close to a lot of talent.  UF, FSU and even Alabama can tell kids there parents only have to drive x hours to see you play.  CJL can tell kids your parents only have to drive x minutes to see you play.  Maybe I am being overly paranoid, but it just seems like Saban will make a stupid comment like that to give him or other more established programs a recruiting edge.

Thats what im thinking as well. Thus why we need someone with a true voice to tell the nation the truth about our program. Instead of Saban bashing it for his own recruiting.

• Content Count:  1,334

Staying top 10 is amazing for anybody.  Right now, I'm sure Bobby would love to be where USF is.  No hard feelings over his comment.

Saban though?  That guy is a walking joke, and a bad one at that.  His actions with the dolphins were an embarassment (and i dont like the dolphins!), and it's almost fitting he went to a place where they treat good coaches badly.  Maybe he's a good fit there.  He will say he's there to stay, and so will they.  It'll be like a contest to see which one lies first.

• Content Count:  1,911

After some of the crap i've seen written around the country, I have to agree. USF needs someone to step up in the national media and put this myth to bed. This is exactly why leavitt was so pissed...once it's said, people take it for fact. They dont do the research to confirm and they dont sit around and wait for a rebuttal.

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

Saban is a dilche.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

I think someone should come forward from the university with some facts.  I'm not sure that will happen, though, as I've never seen anyone admit what it takes to get an athlete into school vs a non-athlete.  Very few schools use the same criteria for each.

Archived