Our fans can't handle prosperity.

Jamie

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Some consider calling another's opinion "ridiculous" as bad as getting personal.

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

Have you taken your meds today?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

No, but happy hour starts in one hour and 37 minutes.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,137
  • Days Won:  172

There are an awful lot of people, especially new posters, talking smack and flying off the handle every time someone takes any kind of half-hearted swipe at USF football. What exactly gives us the right to act like that? Winning two football games? Getting ranked?

We haven't won anything yet! There are still two months and eight games left in the season!

We're acting like the guy who suddenly comes into a lot of money and immediately turns into an a-hole. People running off to message boards of teams we may never play again, taunting them for losing games we don't care about. People finding student newspaper articles from 2500 miles away that may not have all their facts straight, losing their minds over it.

It's funny how everyone got so up in arms over West Virginia calling themselves the Yankees last week. Well, guess what - we're acting like Yankees fans right now and it's changing the way people think about our program. Right now we're winning with such a lack of class that I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking whatever they wanted about us. We need to get over ourselves, because this level of media attention and scrutiny goes on with every big-time college football program, and it's going to be around as long as USF is where they are.

you are true to a certain extent

but being ranked 6 is quiet an acomplishment

if we cant flap our gums now when can we?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

This is a RIDICULOUS subject for a thread.

This is a site for fans to sound off......and when it comes to opinions, everyone is entitled.

Jamie is a fan ....

You're absolutely right..........so he's entitled to starting a ridiculous thread like this.

And I'm entitled to call it ridiculous.

Your point??

Just so we're clear on this. You think this thread is ridiculous yet you are still reading and posting on it... I think THAT point is pretty clear.    ;)

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Do anybody consider Jim Leavitt classless for defending his program? Remember last year when the writer from Orlando sentinel wrote an negative article about USF. A lot of the fans has followed this program since the beginning. This is our baby to. We are all part of the USF family. When somebody talk or write something negative about our family. We will get defensive. And no this is not Tony Soprano.

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

If anyone has ever listened to Rome or that idiot that fills in for him and calls tOSU- oh cry oh; then you have heard fans of a large old time powerhouses call or email or fax in when they felt they were wronged. I have heard some radio show hosts and some TV guys say things like "I don't want Cornhusker nation e-mailing me"

A lot of the "Classic Powerhouse's" are known to have a rabid fan base. I think that some in the media feel that USF is an easy target who will not fight back

• Content Count:  10,219

just win jim!

beat FAU!

• Content Count:  1,812

The downside to being ranked and getting pub is that the losers up I-4 have a bigger audience to spew their lies and envy.

Sir Galahad

UCFSports.com

Post #4730

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: NYDailyNews: Saban Full of BULL with rip of USF Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether it is true or not, who knows, what is a fact is, there were two players that the USF admissions department did not allow into school. Jim Leavitt went over the heads of the admissions department, all the way up to have a special meeting. When the meeting was over, the admissions representative was pissed and Jim got his players in.

Posted on 10/5 1:31 PM | IP: Logged

On the Rivals national board

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1144&fid=2150&style=2&tid=102307679&Page=1

• Content Count:  71

TOUGH! Yeah, we won TWO games and we ARE ranked. That gives us some bragging rights. There's nothing wrong with that. People are proud of their team and the fact that we are in the national spotlight. There is nothing wrong with that. We'll lose a game... we'll fall in the rankings... and it'll knock the chip off our shoulder.

I don't care if people are "new blood" or not. I read WV's boards and all they could do was insult bandwagon fans and call each other names. I don't care if you're a freshman and are just becoming a fan or if you've been a fan for 11 years. Our fan base is growing and everything is new to us. Don't put up some lame post like this calling people out.

You tell 'em! I'm getting tired of all these veterans taking shots at us new guys on here.  It reminds me of the way the national media and other college team fans have acted towards USF.

Archived