Our fans can't handle prosperity.

Jamie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

This is a RIDICULOUS subject for a thread.

This is a site for fans to sound off......and when it comes to opinions, everyone is entitled.

If everyone would just be a good human being while having fun and maybe bragging on our newfound popularity just a little bit, all would be well.

Did I mention........ ::) ::) ::) ::)

Again, I don't think this board, or any other USF board is what drew the ire of Jamie.  I believe he's talking in general, and going to other boards or other arenas talking smack.

I definitely agree with everyone's position about being able to brag at will.  I am just one of those nervous guys and would rather wait until we're around 8 or 9 and 0 before starting the big timing stuff- just last week WVU was talking about playing for the NC, and I know Cinci and Rutgers have good enough D's to knock us from the perch. 

Anyway, it's good we all remind one another about things so the world doesn't get to small to quick.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635

i agree with the basic sentiment of the first post, in that there's a lot of people here who are excessively arrogant. i have no problem with being arrogant on other boards or to other fans, i love that kind of stuff. it's just when someone writes an article that's not 100% in praise of USF, then there's going to be a bunch of posts criticizing the writer, questioning his credibility or football knowledge.

it's one thing to be proud of your team and where they are in the polls, and thus, arrogant (which is good), but to just fly off the handle at anyone that doesn't say nothing but praise, meh...it seems a bit immature at times.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

i agree with the basic sentiment of the first post, in that there's a lot of people here who are excessively arrogant. i have no problem with being arrogant on other boards or to other fans, i love that kind of stuff. it's just when someone writes an article that's not 100% in praise of USF, then there's going to be a bunch of posts criticizing the writer, questioning his credibility or football knowledge.

it's one thing to be proud of your team and where they are in the polls, and thus, arrogant (which is good), but to just fly off the handle at anyone that doesn't say nothing but praise, meh...it seems a bit immature at times.

Facts should be used if you are a writer or radio host.  And if your facts are incorrect and you spout off like you know what you are talking about, the ire you draw at the hands of that school's fans/staff/players is 100% warranted.

As far as message boards like this go, that's a different story.  Seems to me 70-80% or more of what is posted here and on every other message board is fan opinion........which is fine.

The problem comes when certain people think there opinions are more valid than others.

• Content Count:  145

Facts should be used if you are a writer or radio host.  And if your facts are incorrect and you spout off like you know what you are talking about, the ire you draw at the hands of that school's fans/staff/players is 100% warranted.

As far as message boards like this go, that's a different story.  Seems to me 70-80% or more of what is posted here and on every other message board is fan opinion........which is fine.

The problem comes when certain people think there opinions are more valid than others.

Amen to that...I think we got a real good example of how bad it can get with the Statements from Saban.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

... it's just when someone writes an article that's not 100% in praise of USF, then there's going to be a bunch of posts criticizing the writer, questioning his credibility or football knowledge.

???

It wasn't that the article was lacking in praise, it was lacking in facts - as if (as someone said) perhaps the person didn't even watch the game or read the AP report.  It's nice to come across objectivity, but have some facts. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

This is a site for fans to sound off......and when it comes to opinions, everyone is entitled.

Jamie is a fan ....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Jamie is a fan ....

You're absolutely right..........so he's entitled to starting a ridiculous thread like this.

And I'm entitled to call it ridiculous.

Your point??

If that's the case MAB, don't get offended when people voice their displeasure with your ridiculous "Daddy Glazer" stuff.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

If that's the case MAB, don't get offended when people voice their displeasure with your ridiculous "Malcom Glazer" stuff.

I don't get offended about that stuff.

It's when people get nasty & personal that I see a problem.

And by the way, if you think what I've said and the pictures I've created about Glazer are ridiculous, you might shudder at what I have the potential to unleash.  ;D ;D

Let's keep that under wraps for now, okay?

Some consider calling another's opinion "ridiculous" as bad as getting personal.

We can argue opinions without ridiculing one another's can't we?

Peace be to all.

Archived