Our fans can't handle prosperity.

Jamie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

This thread is insane.  We somehow support these people...oh, okay.  Let's just talk about football.  Leave the Bull on Bull stuff at the door.

Can i get an AMEN! 

Lets talk BULLS Football!  GO BULLS!!!!

:pain

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403

Look, what's happened the last month is awesome and we're all thrilled about it. I thought about it some more and I guess the problem is that perspective is missing. USF football has never lost a really, really big game. We've never lost to a hated rival, or lost a championship-deciding game, or a landmark game on the schedule, or anything like that. It's just been going up, and up, and up, ever since 1997.

Like when the Bucs won the Super Bowl. They had been so bad for years, and then so close to winning for a few more years, that winning felt really good because you knew how bad it had been in the past. With USF football, there hasn't been any bad yet. Our entire history has been, basically, nothing but winning and growing. So instead of being satisfied, we're just cocky as hell. It's karma - whatever you do and say now might come back on you later on, if (and probably when) USF loses its first game.

My point is, just be happy that we have such a great team this year. We know what they're capable of and it doesn't matter what some coach or fan or sportswriter or morbidly obese Tampa Bay-area drive-time sports talk radio host wants to say about it. Leave the search for respect to the players.

P.S. If USF goes 13-0 and wins the national title, forget I ever started this thread.

A lot of us know what it's like to have a team nobody knows about.  It feels really good right now.  That said, even if people are jumping on now, so what?  We are not all cocky so I'm not really sure where you are getting that from.  Why don't you just enjoy the team how you'd like and let everyone else enjoy it how they like?  Trash talking has been part of the deal for years, or at least the years I've been posting on this board.  We're going to defend our team (on a message board) against people that are just flat out wrong and disrespect not only our team but our entire University.  You need to just get used to that.

A few years ago we lost to UConn.  I just rewatched the Army game highlights when we lost.  We know what it's like to lose games we shouldn't.  It's not like we think we're never going to lose again.  However, concluding your message with "If USF goes 13-0 and wins the national title, forget I ever started this thread" is mighty pointless of you.  Are you saying you don't expect that to happen?  Are you saying we're going to go nuts if that doesn't happen?  We could easily lose many of the games left on our schedule but this team is capable of going 13-0.  Why should you start a thread that is negative about the fact that we defend our team and get upset (on a message board) about people attacking us?  That doesn't say we're cocky and spoiled, that says we are fans.  Going 13-0 has nothing to do with it.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

New Money, eh?

• Content Count:  4,016

I get where Jamie's going with this, just remember we plan to be here for a while so don't blow your wad acting like an ass in the first fifteen minutes.  I don't go running and ranting because I expected to be here, and want to stay here....I am not some lucky drunk that got a one night pass to the Clubhouse that everyone wants to avoid.  I am a card carrying member of the BCS and want to stay that way.

No one is saying stop being excited, I just think Jamie is saying before acting like an ass, or saying something ridiculous just think about it...if we're truly planning to be a good program for a while then you don't always need to tell someone about it.

Like the old adage of it's better to keep quiet and let them think your stupid then opening your mouth and proving them right.

I look at the knights, there are actually threads on UF and FSU websites where these guys are trying to explain to those guys why they're better, and we're overrated, a flash in the pan.....who cares, it isn't even worth responding because most of the UF and FSU fans are laughing it off.  Furthermore I don't want most USF fans to be those guys.  We're here now, no need to tell them to give us respect because EVENTUALLY THEY WILL HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO DO IT!   You've got to earn respect and we're well on our way, now the fans should follow suit.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

This baffles me.....from the boards Ive read, about the worst Ive read is the "we are the best team in florida" or "could possibly play for a national championship this year".......which to me, neither of those is really that far from reality.   To say our fans our cocky and arrogant is ridiculous.  Cocky and arrogant is UF fan saying that they would still beat us by 30 points.......cocky and arrogant is UM fan saying that USF will NEVER be better than the U.....Cocky and arrogant is SEC fan saying that at best we would finish 6th or 7th in their conference.  

I mean how dare our fans actually think the 6th ranked team in the nation could possibly beat the 9th ranked team in the nation.  I mean how crazy is that.  Or that a team that will most likely be favored in the rest of their games could possibly go undefeated.  Talk about arrogant SOB's  ::)

• Content Count:  145

There are an awful lot of people, especially new posters, talking smack and flying off the handle every time someone takes any kind of half-hearted swipe at USF football. What exactly gives us the right to act like that? Winning two football games? Getting ranked?

We haven't won anything yet! There are still two months and eight games left in the season!

We're acting like the guy who suddenly comes into a lot of money and immediately turns into an a-hole. People running off to message boards of teams we may never play again, taunting them for losing games we don't care about. People finding student newspaper articles from 2500 miles away that may not have all their facts straight, losing their minds over it.

It's funny how everyone got so up in arms over West Virginia calling themselves the Yankees last week. Well, guess what - we're acting like Yankees fans right now and it's changing the way people think about our program. Right now we're winning with such a lack of class that I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking whatever they wanted about us. We need to get over ourselves, because this level of media attention and scrutiny goes on with every big-time college football program, and it's going to be around as long as USF is where they are.

LOL...I disagree with this post on several levels...

First off...the amount of posts one makes and its relevance to the subject...matters little.  I went to USF in the late 80's and early 90's and didn't know this board really existed until my bud Cyber pointed this place out.  And I'm pretty sure I know a little about College Football...

As for being excited about where our program is and where it might end up?  It's freakin' pretty exciting and I have to shake myself to see it's really happening.  I've been taking crap from alumni/fans from the other schools forever it seems...it's nice to give a little of it back.  I live here in freakin' JaGator Country (that's Jaguars/Gators here in J'Ville) and if you only heard some of the talk here, I think you wouldn't mind sending a little of the Bull cockiness over here.  I'm telling you it's nausiating...

We have certainly arrived as radio talk show hosts here do not favor where we sit in the rankings and our schedule that remains...they are more than worried.

This bandwagon has got a lot of room to catch up to the traditions of UF, FSU and Miami...it's just really neat to see Tampa starting to really get behind USF.  Seeing Ray Jay loaded with our fans on TV was amazing...I wish I was there.   

All aboard the Bulls Express!!! Keep it up Bulls fans!

• Content Count:  17

I'm here in Jax too. I wear my Bulls hat all over town and I get so many condescending comments from UF and FSU fans. I just smile; throw up my horns and say "Go Bulls!" I don't see the need to trash talk personally*, but I'm fine with others doing so if they wish. Somehow it irritates them more when I don't engage them.

My girlfriend is a FSU fan and do occasionally let a "Lets Go Crimi'noles!" slip. ;D

There are an awful lot of people, especially new posters, talking smack and flying off the handle every time someone takes any kind of half-hearted swipe at USF football. What exactly gives us the right to act like that? Winning two football games? Getting ranked?

We haven't won anything yet! There are still two months and eight games left in the season!

We're acting like the guy who suddenly comes into a lot of money and immediately turns into an a-hole. People running off to message boards of teams we may never play again, taunting them for losing games we don't care about. People finding student newspaper articles from 2500 miles away that may not have all their facts straight, losing their minds over it.

It's funny how everyone got so up in arms over West Virginia calling themselves the Yankees last week. Well, guess what - we're acting like Yankees fans right now and it's changing the way people think about our program. Right now we're winning with such a lack of class that I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking whatever they wanted about us. We need to get over ourselves, because this level of media attention and scrutiny goes on with every big-time college football program, and it's going to be around as long as USF is where they are.

LOL...I disagree with this post on several levels...

First off...the amount of posts one makes and its relevance to the subject...matters little.  I went to USF in the late 80's and early 90's and didn't know this board really existed until my bud Cyber pointed this place out.  And I'm pretty sure I know a little about College Football...

As for being excited about where our program is and where it might end up?  It's freakin' pretty exciting and I have to shake myself to see it's really happening.  I've been taking crap from alumni/fans from the other schools forever it seems...it's nice to give a little of it back.  I live here in freakin' JaGator Country (that's Jaguars/Gators here in J'Ville) and if you only heard some of the talk here, I think you wouldn't mind sending a little of the Bull cockiness over here.  I'm telling you it's nausiating...

We have certainly arrived as radio talk show hosts here do not favor where we sit in the rankings and our schedule that remains...they are more than worried.

This bandwagon has got a lot of room to catch up to the traditions of UF, FSU and Miami...it's just really neat to see Tampa starting to really get behind USF.  Seeing Ray Jay loaded with our fans on TV was amazing...I wish I was there.   

All aboard the Bulls Express!!! Keep it up Bulls fans!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I just wanted to point out that Nukebull had a very good response there.  Nobody has really said anything about it so I want to give him his credit.

We're all just fans.  Some "better" than others, but we're all in it for the same reason.  Don't worry about other people tarnishing our reputation.  In all reality there's nothing you can do to change people’s actions and very little you can do to change people opinions.

Just go to the games and enjoy every minute.  While USF is on the rise, be keenly aware that there is destined to be a drop at some time and we’ll be sour at someone.  Ask the Miamis, North Carolinas, or even our own Syracuse, you won’t be on the top forever. So, don’t get mad or irritated by others. Just enjoy it! 

• Content Count:  2,523

Having been at USF from 96-2001 and eating right alongside these players when they all lived in Fontana Hall and having attended EVERY SECOND OF EVERY HOME GAME while at USF; I say we need to welcome EVERYONE aboard this thing.  If you were here in the beginning, then you'd remember how outside of the 80-3 opening game, most games would have "ok" crowds, but most of them would leave at halftime to go to Ybor!  Regardless of how close the game was at the time!

It takes all kinds of fans to sell out every week and even more so to travel to Bowl Games.  Be real folks, bowl invitations take into account how well you travel and if they don't HAVE TO put you in; THEY WON'T vs. teams that do travel like FSU, UF, Miami, Bama etc.

You want to keep Leavitt?  We need way more fans than we have to jump on as their dollar counts the same as yours.

As for talking trash on other message boards; THAT'S WHAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT.

It's We Beat YOU that matters bc the whole structure of the thing is a fraud at it's best with VOTERS deciding who wins the national championship and cliques in the coaching ranks influence rankings.  As long as you're not being VULGAR, smack only helps grow the brand.

Trust me, you guys, the only reason AU was so nice to us is bc they didn't take us seriously.  I live in AU/Bama country and they spew hate back and forth 365 days a year!  Yes, every day on the radio and in the paper there is some dig in Sound Off etc between the two even during BASEBALL season about FOOTBALL!

As long as you aren't VULGAR or PERSONAL, then we should be talking smack on other boards.  The more buzz generated the better the word gets out on USF actually HAVING Fans.

Go to FAU's board right now and there are like 6 USF posters.  SIX from a school of how many hundreds of thousands of alums?

It's time we got more visible folks bc until we do, the bowl folks may think we have a good team, but they won't know we have any following.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

This is a RIDICULOUS subject for a thread.

This is a site for fans to sound off......and when it comes to opinions, everyone is entitled.

If everyone would just be a good human being while having fun and maybe bragging on our newfound popularity just a little bit, all would be well.

Did I mention........ ::) ::) ::) ::)

Archived